Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Candle in the Rain | Sacorria

Sacorria
Tags: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

5GKFNrC.png

“You can perhaps help people with your flames. It felt as if it was really rejuvinizing. Can it do anything else?”

"I... I'm not sure," Phobos noted, rubbing at her chin. "I believe it's simply energy in a raw form. I suppose that means it could be used in lots of ways. I'm not really familiar enough with myself to know entirely how to use it yet."

It was a part of her, but she was still unsure of it's nature. She knew that she needed it there to feel the force, and that it could do lots of really good things, but beyond that she found herself rather lost on it's true nature. Still, it clearly had a purpose, so who was she to question what it really was? It was a gift. That gift should not be put to waste.

"Yeah, I think it's more of that sense of knowing everything and nothing," she shrugged. "I like the way you described it. That is sort of how it feels."

A sigh escaped from her chest as she drifted off into thought for a moment. Before long she was speaking again.

"I'll find out what it all means as I go, I think," Phobos remarked. "I... have a strong feeling deep within me that this is the case. I'm unsure of why... The will of the Force, I assume." She turned her head back to Zaiya. "What of yourself? I'll find who I am in time, but I would like to know you. A courtesy for your kindness in assisting me with my plight."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria
Interacting with Phobos Phobos

"Wow, energy in its raw form?" Zaiya's mind was blown by the concept. Did this mean that Phobos Phobos could function like a powercell? Zaiya's thoughts naturally gravitated towards technology and cybernetics, her primary frame of reference until she encountered the Force. Despite its mystical nature, she couldn't deny the tangible effects she witnessed.

As they strolled along, Zaiya kept an eye on Phobos, ensuring she felt heard and understood. It must have been daunting for Phobos to suddenly appear somewhere without any knowledge of her origins.

"Well, you could always experiment and see," Zaiya suggested, likening it to scientific inquiry. "If it has rejuvenating properties, perhaps it could also heal?" The idea intrigued her.

"Oh, me?" Zaiya's colors shifted, reflecting her curiosity and contemplation. "I'm a Lovalla. We're quite rare, and as you can see," she explained, giving a slight chuckle, gesturing to her shifting patterns as they danced with a light blue hue in amusement, "My colors change with my mood, even glowing when my emotions run high. It's how we communicate with each other."

It also meant that Zaiya was a terrible liar. For Lovalla, the concept of dishonesty is so surreal and strange. It was one of the many reasons they tended to be gullible - Zaiya was clearly included on that list.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"If it has rejuvenating properties, perhaps it could also heal?"

"Logical..." the Ashspawn mused.

That was sort of what she did, right? It made sense to be an ability she naturally had. Zaiya then began speaking about her own species, and Phobos could only listen with facination as she spoke about the matter of communicating emotions through colors on their skin. She watched as the young girl changed colors right before her very eyes. Despite clearly being closer to an adult, Phobos watched with the wonder of a child.

"That's beautiful," the young woman muttered.

She studdied for a moment, looking at the hue of the blue that had come to the young Lovalla's patterns. Phobos focused herself, studying them deeply...

Slowly the flames on her head became blue, mimicing what she saw.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

"Whoa!! Your flames changed color!" Zaiya exclaimed, her excitement evident as she observed the shifting hues, a flush of coral dancing over her patterns in abashed pleasure at the compliment. Truth be told, Zaiya's own colors weren't as vibrant as other Lovalla. Without the social connections typical for her kind, she lacked the social connections needed for her color-shifting abilities to flourish.

"Can you create an ombre effect too? Like, starting with a pale blue at the bottom and fading into a darker blue or even gold?"
Zaiya continued, her curiosity piqued by Phobos's abilities. Though it might not be tied to emotions like her own color-shifting, it was fascinating nonetheless.

However, as if realizing how rude that could sound, Zaiya immediately apologized, saying, "Oh I'm sorry. I shouldn't ask you to do so abruptly. I just was so excited to see someone else being able to colorshift a part of themselves that I was curious if you could do the same as well with different colors."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"I-I don't really know," Phobos admitted, her flames turning back to green. "I was just copying what I saw."

It was more of a mental thing, a cognitive thing that she had to think about. She thought that maybe it could help her better understand what Zaiya was explaining, but it more or less just wound up being an immitation more than anything. She didn't really feel any emotions that came with the color. Still, it was... fun? Maybe it was fun. She was still figuring all of that out.

"What does blue mean?" she asked. "Making the color myself didn't really tell me."

She seemed keen on learning more about this strange ability. Phobos was, in a way, a chamelion. She learned through latching onto and mimicing the actions of others.

And she was very keen on learning.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

"It's okay! You can keep the color. It looks really pretty on you,"
Zaiya insisted, assuring Phobos Phobos that it was all alright and there wasn't a need to change back to her green color. They ambled along, and the rain started letting up, so it was more of a drizzle. Nonetheless, the young Lovalla teen took the need to ensure that her new friend didn't get a drop of water on her pretty head very seriously.

"Well… it is a bit complicated. For my kind it isn't as much as one color as a broad spectrum of them. We use it as a way to communicate so we blend different shades to detail the nuances of our emotions… although some are not visible to others unless they have the exact spectrum needed to see or if they can see into the ultraviolet spectrum."
Under ultraviolet light, Zaiya would practically glow in a medley of neon colors, as if she painted on ultraviolet paint in intricate designs over her skin.

"But, in simpler terms, light blue tends to mean amusement, turquoise represents when I'm feeling content, teal is when I feel happy…" Zaiya began, explaining how different shades of blue can signify different emotions for her. "When I'm being particularly silly and teasing, my patterns turn a cyan hue.

"Then there are the glow effects,"
she added wryly, and just as she explained, the mottled spots over her skin across her face and neck melted into a lovely cyan hue, only that the edges were glowing slightly with a golden burnished bioluminescence.

"If the edges glow gold, it is like… a positive spin to an emotion. So let's say I'm upset, but someone gives me a hug, while I'll still feel upset, I'll start to feel better, so they'll start to glow gold."
She lifted up her arm again to show how the golden glow effects worked along the patterns of her skin.

"If I glow silver it is a negative spin… soo… say someone is teasing me and I feel bad, but then they continue to so I feel worse, and then I glow silver. There are other glow effects but those are the main ones…" she added, then went, "Oh, and if I start to look as if my colors are fading or turning dull, or if I turn completely silver.. think of it as if the color is literally draining from my face. I'm very upset or scared about something."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"That's... really complex."

It really was like an entirely different language. Phobos kind of wondered if it was something she could learn with practice. Perhaps. She had pleanty of time ahead of her, or at least she assumed she did. The young woman was sort of a blank slate right now, no responsibilities binding her down...

Well, nothing more than what the voice had told her when she had woken.

"It's very facinating," Phobos noted. "I didn't think I'd be meeting so many interesting people, but this is only my second interaction and it feels very unique. I'm looking forward to meeting the people you wish to introduce me to."

More people was good. It would help her find something new to latch onto...

Help her figure out what she even was.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

Zaiya gave an understanding smile. She didn't take offense that it was complex; it was. It was also one of the very reasons why Zaiya did her best to try and wear shiny jewelry and dyed her hair in colorful hues. By all accounts, she wasn't as vibrant or as beautiful as other Lovalla; losing her kinship bonds so early in life meant she wasn't able to properly socialize and be able to have the bonds necessary to express herself as vibrantly as she could.

If another Lovalla saw her, they'd probably look at her in pity. She was a lost little bird with no kin and little chance of finding a mate.

"It can be... but that is okay. There are some color hues I'm not familiar with myself either because I didn't have anyone to teach me, so I'm also learning as I go. It's kind of like a youngling learning a language. I can see the word, but I may not understand the meaning or context behind it."

They now neared a path that would lead them toward the spaceport.

"I think you'll really like my friends. They are all very interesting too!" Zaiya chimed, brightening with a delighted faint glow once more at the thought of them.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"Learning all of that must be a little tough," Phobos mused. "I admire your resolve to do so."

She would certainly have trouble learning such a thing, or perhaps it was moreso a product of her biology being different. Still, she very much respected the effort. It was something that would certainly take her a great deal of committment if Phobos had to use her imagination and be in Zaiya's shoes. The topic shifting to the girl's friends did rise a faint smile on her face.

Friends. That sounded nice.

"I'm excited to meet them," the Ashspawn nodded. "How... will we be meeting them?"

Phobos believed she recalled her speaking about a shuttle.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

"Thank you,"
Zaiya was grateful for the affirmation of her attempts to figure things out without Lovalla's kin to guide her on the information she would have been learning had her parents not passed. It was a conundrum; her parents indicated that they preferred that she remain at the University to further her education and not return back to Volik. Yet, it also made learning what she needed to form kinship bonds and more of her culture difficult.

Had she gone back, would she have been adopted out? There was no other living kin for her to be placed with, so it would make things difficult. It wasn't as if she could easily bond with other Lovalla as a child with parental figures. If they were to have another child, then where would that leave her? Staying at the University seemed best, but it also made for a very lonely, if educational experience.

"Oh, we can use the comm at the shuttle and talk to them. I didn't want you to have to wait in the cold and rain."
Zaiya explained. "It isn't far, we are at the space port now. It likely looks familiar if you found yourself on a ship and ended up here."

"I can see if they are available or if they know who would be best to talk to so we can help us figure out more."

Glancing over to her, Zaiya's patterns shimmered another bright orange ripple in curiosity, "I apologize if this sounds rude, but do you not have a neck? Or is your head just floating above your body?" Zaiya was trying to figure out how Phobo's body worked.

"I've never seen someone without a neck so you kinda look a little bit like a floating...." a pause, then Zaiya frowned, a thought coming to her.

"Wait, that's who you remind me of!" Zaiya exclaimed, her opal blue eyes going wide, "Seszil! " the young Lovalla teen cried out, referencing Aris Noble Aris Noble 's flying sword.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"My neck?"

Phobos reached for her neck, or lack there of in this instance. Her hand certainly did pass right through. The ashy form of her face became a darker grey at the cheeks, seemingly indicative of a blush. She seems to have been unaware of such a thing. No wonder Zaiya seemed to look at her with such facination.

"W-well, it seems to be floating," Phobos muttered, "But something is keeping it fixed in place..."

Ghost neck. No, that sounded stupid. Whatever the case was, the young girl was quick to bring up a name that she had yet to hear, one which made her tilt her head.

"Wait, that's who you remind me of!" Zaiya exclaimed, her opal blue eyes going wide, "Seszil! "

"Seszil?" the young woman echoed. "Who is that?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

"Oh, Seszil is my friend's flying sword. He can talk and fly around, kind of like you. The only difference is that he is a sword now. Aris said that Seszil used to be a Shard," although Zaiya wasn't sure what a Shard was. She would need to ask Aris Noble Aris Noble more about it. Maybe I should call him first?

"Aris said that Seszil is a living being. The only difference is that he uses the Force to communicate and move on his own, rather than a mouth, limbs and arms -- but you have arms and legs too!"

As they came towards the center of the space port, more people were walking around, but they were trying to get out from under the rain.

"Do you think maybe you were a Shard too?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

[/QUOTE]

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"A shard?" Phobos tolted her head. "Hmmm. I'm not quite sure."

That sounded... familiar? She had never heard the name before, but something about it did sound right. It hardly mattered though. She was here one way or another, so the means of why probably didn't matter, right? Phobos glanced about the space port, which seemed rather empty, though she was definately getting glances from the people that were present. The Ashspawn awkwardly rubbed at her shoulder as they continued walking.

"So, which one is your ship?" she asked, perhaps a bit nervously.

She was certainly eager to leave with all the eyes directed at her now.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria
Phobos Phobos

"Oh it isn't far," Zaiya replied, gesturing down the series of landing pads over to a rather ugly looking ship. The Saleen was a planetary survey ship the Dr. Isak used for his research. Donated to the University, it served its purpose in providing a vehicle for labwork and travel. Otherwise, Zaiya would have to take public transportation to go from place to place.

Once they neared and were able to get under the wing away from the rain, Zaiya deactivated the solid light umbrella. With an encourageing smile, she gestured for Phobos Phobos to follow her. She went up towards the airlock and pressed a code - nevermind that the Ashspawn saw the code, a testimony to Zaiya's trusting nature - and the hatch slid open.

"Here we go!," Zaiya exclaimed, gesturing for Phobos to follow her. It was a bare bones ship, none of the frills, but plenty of scientific sensors laying about.

"Okay let's go to the comm room. They have a bigger holo array there for us to use."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria

5GKFNrC.png

"Okay," Phobos nodded.

A holo communicator? They were about to call someone. Phobos fluttered with nerves and excitement as she thought about meeting new people. This was really exciting. She couldn't help but imagine all of the different things that might occur once she finally meets new people, what she will inevitably learn about herself. After all, these people were supposed to understand the force, right? They probably knew what she might be.

Or at least that was her hope.

"I'll try not to touch anything," the Ashspawn assured as she looked around. "So... will these friends be okay meeting me? If they have the time, I mean."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

"It's okay, don't worry," Zaiya replied with a smile over to Phobos Phobos . 'Yeah, I'm sure they will. If they are too busy, then I'm sure they can give us an idea of who you can talk to or where you can go to ask more questions and find out more." The young teen Lovalla gave a resasurring shimmer of blues with gold flecked highlights.

Walking over towards the holo-array controls, Zaiya gestured for Phobos to come over to stand beside her. "I'm going to call my friend Aris first. He is the one who has Seszil as his sword. I think he would be the best one to ask first."

Hopefully Aris Noble Aris Noble wasn't busy in a meeting, with his master, or away from his comm. Pulling up the holo-comm number, the teenager turned on the array, then tapped in the code.

"Alright, hopefully he picks up. "

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Sacorria

“Hi Aris!”
The amount of cheer and pleasure at seeing Aris Noble Aris Noble was visible for Phobos Phobos to see. Her patterns immediately brightened, a rush of teal and shimmering golden bioluminescence radiated from her skin. Her smile grew wide and her iridescent blue eyes sparkled with joy.

He seemed a bit mused, likely Zaiya caught him in the middle of training. Mirth danced in her eyes. It was cute that he was so diligent.

“Sorry to bother you, I met someone new today and she needs help.
” Zaiya explained, turning to Phobos to gesture for her to please step in to say hello.

“Phobos, this is Aris, Aris, this is Phobos.” Zaiya would wait a bit for Phobos to say hello and reveal herself to Aris so he could properly met her. Afterward, Zaiya began to explain.

“Phobs said she woke up unsure of who or what she is, but she floats and moves around like Seszil and I can feel the Force move with her. Her pretty flame hair feels as if it can heal or rejuvenate you, too. She … feels like Seszil as well if that makes sense?”she added, more towards how the Ashspawn felt to the Lovalla through the Force.

“I know you said Seszil used to be a Shard before he was a sword… but I’m not sure if this would be the same thing. Do you know where she can go to find out more about what she may be?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Sacorria
Tags: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti , Aris Noble Aris Noble

5GKFNrC.png

“Phobos, this is Aris, Aris, this is Phobos.” Zaiya would wait a bit for Phobos to say hello and reveal herself to Aris so he could properly met her.

Phobos slowly stepped into view of the holocommunicator.

"Hello," she greeted with a soft voice and a meek wave.

She took note of the way that Zaiya had reacted to seeing her friend, the way that she became golden and ever-so-slightly radiant. That was what she had stated came as a result of very positive emotions. Phobos didn't need to understand her colors to see the reaction on her face. The young woman hadn't reacted to someone like that herself since she last saw...

No, what was she thinking? She hadn't seen anyone until now. This was all so weird.

"It's okay if you are unable to find out what I am," Phobos admitted gently. "But I would appreciate any wisdom that can be given to me regardless."

xiqfVVX.png

"Needs help with..?"

Aris had practically zeroed in on that request. Concern filled his eyes, though he seemed to relax once it wasn't an emergency kind of help. What she was, then? He frowned in thought, glancing towards where Seszil was currently slumbering. "I am.. Unsure, honestly, on what you might be Phobos. The Jedi Archives would have information on some of the most obscure species within this Galaxy, but that's the only real help I have. I can go searching through it, if you'd like?" Species highly attuned to the Force were more likely to be in the archives as it was, so there at least was a head start.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Phobos Phobos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom