Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Candle in the Dark

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay could sense the frustration coming from [member="Nikias"] as he left the podium. But mostly she could see it. What he had said was true, but her points were valid as well. The trick was to get them to work together. If there was such a way.

After a moment, she decided to follow. It was his message that brought them all to this point and she needed to see if there was any part for her to play in this struggle. As she saw Nikias further himself from the group, she quickened her pace a bit, gripping the strap of her satchel out of comfort.

"Excuse me. Might I have another word with you, please?" She almost called him sir, but caught herself. Whatever his title was, she wasn't sure. There was very little that she knew of him outside of his hatred of the Sith. Kay hoped that his hatred wasn't blinding him, otherwise his missions would likely fail.

[SIZE=10pt]There had been no frustration radiating off Nikias as he left the podium. When he had called the meeting he already knew the type of individuals that would be gathered. He had gotten what he wanted[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] beings that would come together for one thing... The eradication of the Sith[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but what would be next for them afterwards? Break back up and become the loners they once were hanging on the fringes of the galaxy and them wasting their lives and potential? Why return to such things when at the end of it all they would be the heroes of the galaxy. It was something to truly ponder[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] would the common goal truly expand into the group of rogue and dark jedi coming together as brothers and sisters? Nikias did now know the answer[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he wasn't one of those jedi that could look into the future or read anothers mind. Thankfully his was completely secure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Moving deeper into the temple and away from those that had gathered Nikias would wait for them all to leave before he left. He did not know if more would arrive or not[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] maybe even a fight breaking out. If so Nikias may have to move to stop it. With a heavy sigh he shook his head wishing that he had some ale to cure the headache forming. His eyes were heavy and he felt weary from the speaking he had done. Giving speeches was always a tiring affair and since claiming the title of king of Makrosia it seemed to be all he did these days. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The sound of footsteps followed by a familiar voice caught Nikias' attention. Not yet turning Nikias looked over his left shoulder at the woman trying to catch up to him. The peacekeeper. Nikias thought. "Why yes you can[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] though I warn you I do not wish to argue about the semantics of the light and dark. I have treaded both paths and have no intentions to be talked to about what either do to or for the individual." Nikias had talked with Sorzus Syn about such things going back and forth for days over the same subject. It would make anyone tire of hearing it. Not counting the people Nikias knew at the Voss temple that nearly preached the lightside. [/SIZE]

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

What [member="Nikias"] said gave her a bit of a pause in her steps before she fully caught up with him. It was no wonder that he had assumed that she had wished to further her questions with regards to the Sith and the different paths of the Force, given what she had spoken about at the meeting. But his assumption wasn't exactly right.

She kept at a respectful distance, having that feeling that he just wanted to slip away from everyone. His movements suggested as much. "That was not my intention. I was merely wondering if there was any room for me to help. I know that I'm not like the rest of you, but I'm not so naive to not see that the scales are tipped too far to one side. The Sith are on the doorstep of two of my favourite worlds to go to, both in the Inner and Outer Rims and I would not like to see them invaded. I'm a good healer, though I keep my gifts a secret from most. And I have connections across the Galaxy. So if there is a place for me, then let me know. Or if there isn't, then you may think of me as an ally in this struggle. If you call upon me, I would do my best to be there."

[SIZE=10pt]"OH?" Nikias asked turning and giving the woman his full attention. If this had been a talk about the light side and dark side of the force Nikias would've walked away without even a second thought about being generous and hearing what she had to say. In this case she was offering her aid to their cause. "Aw are you only acting now because of two worlds you love being in the line of danger or would you have done something before now if you had the power and chance?" Nikias asked. It was the first question to start things off and depending on how she answered would determine how the rest of the conversation went. Nikias couldn't stand someone who would stand off to the side when there were other planets being ravaged but when the time for what they loved came they stepped up. That was not what the Brotherhood would do. They would act on their own accord for more than just protecting what they love.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"As of right now we don't have any that are truly devoted to being healers or diplomats. Something that will be very important,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and while I am used to being in political situations I do not truly want to so if there is someone else up for said job I am willing to defer to them. Do you think you could handle that? Even if it meant discussing things with the scum of the galaxy and those that would still consider you an enemy?" Politics was a dangerous business[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Nikias knew better than anyone just how treacherous politicians could be. He needed to be sure this woman wasn't like that.[/SIZE]

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay stopped as [member="Nikias"] did, maintaining her distance. She was the type that didn't want to be close to anyone. It was safer that way. She clenched her jaw as he asked her about possibly only wanting to help once Commenor and Bakura were at risk. People assumed a lot about her, mostly that she didn't do much of anything. But that's the thing about secrets. It gave her a bit of an advantage. "I go where I am needed. I was there when the Techno Union invaded Naboo with the Mandalorians. I tried to stop them, but I failed. And I fought against the Hutt Cartel as they invaded worlds with their slavers and pirates many times. I may have been a Senator, but I hardly remained in my office. There is only so much that I can do by myself."

To his next question, she nodded her head. "I am used to having discussions with my enemies over tea and negotiating with what some would call, the scum of the Galaxy. I'm sure that there are many that regard me in the same way. I have made allies out of enemies and only struggled with one negotiation as I had let my emotions get the better of me. But I paid for that mistake and don't wish to repeat it. I have hired many different types of individuals that had me be frowned upon by some in the Republic. But don"t worry about me. I may not be able to handle myself in a large battle, but diplomacy is something that I have plenty of experience with."

[SIZE=10pt][member="Lady Kay"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Aw struck a nerve did I? [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Nikias thought seeing the woman's jaw muscles tighten. It was a slight movement but something that one had to learn when they lacked the abilities of many other force users in the galaxy. While Nikias himself couldn't use abilities to read anothers mind or emotions the same couldn't be done to him. It was an even trade off and one he was willing to deal with. Too many lacked the courtesy to stay out of others heads. "Careful as being to selfless puts oneself at jeopardy then you'll be able to help no one when you're on the fringes and broken from all your effort." It was important to strike a balance between helping others and letting things happen. One could not be anywhere and everywhere. Neither would the Brotherhood[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] they would act when they saw fit. Not running out to free every slave planet or one going through a war. That was not their task[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] their task was to eliminate the Sith.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"I wasn't worried,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] this Brotherhood is meant for one thing and that is the annihilation of the Sith. You may have a silver tongue but if you cannot defend yourself in battle then that is on you. It’s up to everyone that joins to ensure that they can fight on their own. Even if they're a politician." Nikias said letting the woman know where he stood on the entire situation. Politics was not a major factor to Nikias. "Whatever worlds we choose to protect we will not play a role in their government nor will we have one of our own. They simply pay us fees for being under our Protectorate and we let them go about their business. Whether they squabble amongst themselves is no concern of mine but if you wish you could oversee such dealings."[/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little as [member="Nikias"] spoke of being too selfless. But only two have ever tried to break her and they failed. She hung onto hope like a lifeline. No matter the situation, there was always a way out. Even through death. That was how her husband had escaped. But his sacrifice allowed her to live. Something that she had been working to make amends for ever since.

As for being able to defend herself, well she could do so to an extent. She was able to escape plenty of bounty hunters and the Sith that had at first intended to cause her harm had instead given her a bit of training. Maybe there was something in that Sapir tea that made people more agreeable? It's possible that it could be a natural side effect. But where she couldn't defend herself, there was always someone that would step in. Always. Yet there was no guarantee that it would forever be that way. Her days were numbered like everyone elses.

She listened to him speak of what role the Brotherhood would have in the Galaxy. It almost sounded like extortion. "I will help negotiate terms if you need it. Though it had never occurred to me that the Brotherhood was planning on conquering worlds. I just hope that the Brotherhood doesn't stray from it's goal and becomes worse than the enemy they fight. I have seen it happen before ..."

[SIZE=10pt][member="Lady Kay"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"As I said I have no qualms about you doing such things. I do not wish to sit down with the pitiful politicians and deal with them. They focus too much on themselves instead of the people they are supposed to be standing for. It is a common thing among them,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] if you can deal with such scum be my guest." Nikias said. It was obvious that he despised politics as a whole[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it was all something that he had done since his childhood. He'd seen the Council of Makrosia doing what was best for their people and trying to goad his father into what they wished. All to fit their goals and line their own pockets. When had things turned from standing and protecting those beneath them to benefitting those in power Nikias would never know but the Brotherhood would never do such a thing. Hence why they would only be the protectors of the worlds in their territory.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"We have no need or want to rule. That is a tradition of the Sith. The Brotherhood does not crave power or to be recognized as all mighty beings. We are a gathering of the scum of the galaxy and fringers that no one else will accept for a common goal. The annihilation of all Sith that stand against us and defy the true natural order. Anything else that the people of the Brotherhood do on their off time is up to them as long as they do not fly our colors." Laying down the rules was important. Nikias did not want to be affiliated with one that would go on some religious crusade while flying the Brotherhood's colors. He had enough to deal with without worrying about jedi hunting them. [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom