Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Canderous-Class MAT-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashara Zavros

A
m868ary_medium_tank_by_garretaj-d5l8csk_zps8fe49ceb.jpg
Intent: To create a modern version of the Canderous-Class assault tank to add to the new Mandalore's rising army.
Development Thread: N/A
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: MandalMotors
Model: Heavy Tank
Affiliation: Mandalorian
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel and Beskar Alloy Plating (50%Duraplast/15%Beskar/35%Durasteel)
Description: The Canderous-Class Mandalorian assault tank is a repulsor tank produced by MandalMotors. Created in order to take a beating, scrap starship parts were used to form the beskar alloy plating that protects the tank from major damage. Armed with two heavy mass driver cannons and a concussion missile battery it is also a heavyweight on the battle field, punching holes in infantry lines almost as well as an artillery strike. Based on the original Canderous-Class assault tank the MAT-25 has earned its place as one of MandalMotor's shining stars in this new chaotic age.

Role: Assault Tank
Height: 6.5 Meters
Length: 10 Meters
Width: 4.78 Meters
Weight: 56 Tons
Propulsion: Repulsorlift
Top Speed: 65 Km/H

Armaments:
-2 Heavy Mass Driver Cannons
-Concussion Missile Launcher(2)
-Anti-Personel Laser Cannon(1)

Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 75 Kg
Misc. Equipment:
Sensor Control Mechanism: Tricks targeting computers to target these tanks instead of other vehicles.

Ashara Zavros

A
I Know wookie puts them into three or four different categories but last time I got into that it stalled the acceptance so I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking if its just a giant slug thrower, electrothermal, rail etc?

I'll be more direct with the question then; do you think of mass driver cannons as operating more like what we're shown in the movies or as shield penetrating rounds from Star Wars: Forces of Corruption?

Ashara Zavros

A
It would all depend on the shield they are using. The mass driver cannons on this tank would be the standard *giant* slugthrower and a deflector shield will take more damage, if not be completely ignored by the slug whereas a kinetic shield will be more effective in stopping the round.

I'm assuming the shields in the movie were an overarching type shield that protected from energy and kinetic and the Forces of Corruption was a deflector shield specifically for energy based weapons.
So bassically its a slug. If you are using a kinetic shield then you are going to have a much better day than a person using a deflector shield.
@[member="Ayden Cater"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom