Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Padawans start training threads?

As much as I would like to help others train Force-powers, I wonder whether Padawans can start training threads.

If the powers are important, here is the list:
  • Electric Judgment
  • Pyrokinesis
  • Cryokinesis
  • Force Cloak
Those who are familiar with Jessica or Cathul (although my alt Cathul is a Witch Spellweaver, and a Mando one at that) will realize that they both have a rather unorthodox, radical even, approach to understanding and using Force-powers, almost identical one another.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

There is nothing to say that Padawans can't do training threads. Whether those threads are solo training, or with a another Padawan and so on. However, bear in mind you need to keep what ever skill acquired to the rank.

Things like Electric Judgement, Cloak etc are high end skills and would need a good amount of work to get them. A Padawan using EJ would be very weak and over time would develop the power in the skill as it is RPed and your character ranks up etc.

I have seen and even done so myself, solo threads to gain skills. Some people did a lot of IC research into high end skills and played it out well.

I would strongly suggest forming up an IC plan for your character to acquire them.

Suppose that one was to approach the above list of powers as Jessica would do it. That's how the Force would work on a target:
  • Electric Judgment: solve for Maxwell's equations on the target
  • Pyro/cryokinesis: increase/decrease the root-mean-square speed of the target's molecules (if liquid, gas, plasma or supercritical fluid) or the vibrational frequencies (if solid)
  • Force-Cloak: set the target object's refraction index to -1 (under that method, can also make target items transparent or opaque by setting the imaginary part of the refraction index to 0 or a nonzero value respectively)

How you do it doesn't matter so much, there are a number of different methods I've seen throughout the years. Admittedly, yours is one of the more novel approaches. The point stands that use by Padawans will be expected to be very weak. Strong use would be expected to have a good bit of IC development.

How I approached the whole thing with my alt Cathul, who did all of these using the very methods outlined, as far as a description of what Padawan-level users would expect:
  • Electric Judgment: at this point she is only able to conjure enough power to recharge a blaster power pack or a lightsaber, or to power a fluocompact lightbulb for a limited amount of time
  • Pyro/cryokinesis: can only affect objects about the size of a 1 sq. ft. ceramic tile (like a baseball base plate)
  • Force-cloak: can only be invisible for 30 seconds at a time
To me, this is more or less what I would expect. My strategy for training these things would be to incorporate those powers, along with other powers at my disposal, in everyday IC use.

But can Padawans teach those things at a later date? (Of course I understand that new students will be rather weak as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom