Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I Make Amends?

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak kneaded his head. This was going to be harder than he thought...

"No. Not true. If I would do 'ANYTHING' for the Fringe, I wouldn't have hesitated. I would have started shooting you right off the bat. The fact that I tried my darndest not to hit you surely attests to that. Josh. And when push came to shove - I couldn't. And it may interest you to know two things. One, I didn't kill anyone during that battle, aside from the first four. Two, I didn't scratch four marks on my gun."

Jak prided himself in taking very good care of his weaponry. And this included kill markers.

"Josh... if you really need to know if you can trust me... look in here," he said, pointing to his own head. "The walls are down; go ahead. Just... don't hurt anything."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak's mental skills had grown to be fairly significant over the past few weeks. His mind was fairly toughened as well, though understandably not near as strong as Josh's.

But that was not the case now. Jak's defenses had been lowered; his automatic protection against intrusion had been manually shut off. Josh's presence was to be considered a friend. And Jak made damn sure Josh knew that.

He nodded a bit, and tried to root through Jak's mind curiously.... Trying to see what he was thinking, what had happened since his amnesia had begun.... Tried to find out the workings of Jak. Could he trust him? That was what Josh wanted to know...

He didn't pry too hard. He wasn't going to pry aggressively and risk their friendship, he gave Jak that at least. He tried to trust Jak for this.....

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

If Josh really wanted to look, he wouldn't be able to find any deception - anywhere - in either Jak's current state of mind or in his memory (since becoming Elijah for a little while). No matter how hard Josh may pry, he wouldn't find any hint of backstabbing.

Because it didn't exist.

It didn't exist in Jak the kind of malevolence that had made his relationship with his ex-wife so strained. In fact, Jak was adhering even more to honesty.

Of his most recent confrontation with Josh, there was a mix of emotions - sorrow, regret, a twinge of anger (at Jak himself), and a hint of fear of being discovered by the Lords of the Fringe.

Other than that, there were his more personal feelings for his significant other in his life. Jak hoped Josh wouldn't pry there, though he would do nothing to stop Josh from looking.

He nodded a bit, almost convinced....

Almost.

He tried to pry into the personal feelings, just to see if Jak was serious, just to see if he'd resist and kick him out, proving he was hiding something that maybe Josh was missing, besides the personal feelings that he didn't care much for. What it did was show he had something to hide....

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Josh had some interest in Jak's personal mind, which was exactly what Jak didn't want. He inwardly sighed, and let Josh in.

Inside were three large chunks of... memory...

One was his time with Circe. A good portion of that was... slightly... uh.... uhm...

On to the next one!

The second was a sense of brotherly love for Josh. Jak hadn't meant to even get close to hurting Josh on O'reen, and his personal opinion agreed with Josh. How close he had come to betraying a friend for a faction hadn't exactly scared him, but he was going to think twice about any future endeavours with his faction.

The third was a blossoming, slowly unfurling relationship with one Emily Vani. To compare Circe to her was to compare tarnished silver to exquisite jewelry. There wasn't much there, but was there was Jak's, and Jak's alone.

Jak wasn't barring Josh from looking, but he really hoped his friend wouldn't delve that far...

He nodded a bit. He was satisfied. He was testing Jak, not trying to invade his mind.

"I see...." he said, taking a breath. "That's it" he said, getting up.

"I'm ending this war" he said coldly as he paid his tab. "I'll catch you later, Jak. I have something I have to do"

And with that, he walked out. To do what, nobody knew... Yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days later, the news was out. Selena Halcyon had left for unknown spaces, and in her place, Jedi Master Joshua DragonsFlame, flanked by Chancellor Harkness, met with Ashin Varanin and her party, and the picture shown on the news was DragonsFlame and Varanin shaking hands, a show of peace, even if in cold war, but still in peace.

How he did it, nobody knew. But he had put his mind to something, and he had come out on top doing it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed, and Josh invited Jak to the bar again, to catch up. It had been a crazy time, but Josh was glad to have gotten some reprieve after the war with the Fringe had "ended". While skirmishes happened, there would be no invasion of Coruscant, there would be no betrayal between the sides. Now, Josh could trust Jak... Hopefully.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom