Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Camping Trip. (SJO)

Once he arrived back on the beach with his food and supplies, Okkeus started to think about his shelter design. His fire was positioned somewhat near the forest. Hopefully this could help him out. He began building his structure. Placing the sticks in the ground he created the first two walls. After creating the third wall he sat down inside, making sure there was enough room. Concluding that there was he continued working.

Next was the roof. Tying the stems together, a tightly knitted roof was beginning to form. After trying more and more together it was finally big enough. Setting the roof on top of the three walls he tied it down with some vines. Taking a step back he admired his work. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it would work.

Raising his hand, Okkeus signaled for Master Starchaser's attention.

"Excuse me, Master Starchaser? Could you please come ever and tell me if this looks okay?"

Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser Myri Oakheart Brooke Waters Brooke Waters Xian Xiao Xian Xiao Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Damian looked to the tree lady, and then to Brooke… and then to Okkeus. Taking a deep breath he addressed Myri first, "If you could just help the padawans as they have questions, help ease some pressure off me. I have to admit I'm new to this teaching thing, so I appreciate the help.."

And then he turned to Brooke. He was fairly certain she just showed up to spy on him, although for who he wasn’t sure. In the past she had worked for Marek, and might even technically be his employee now since he took over that man’s company. If she was still in Marek’s employ he wouldn’t put it past the lecher to have planted her as a honeypot. Still, his gut said Coren was behind this. The man liked to keep tabs on him in the most non personal way possible.

“Fishing is fine,” he said picking up a small branch, or a large stick depending on your point of view, and cutting a notch in the top. He jammed a smaller stick into it and with a shoelace began to tie it down making a four pronged wooden spear. “At least use this if you’re going to fish.” He hurled the spear at the woman. “And bring back some shells.”

And then his attention shifted to Okkeus. “Sorry, coming!” he called walking over. Yup, he hated teaching. Damian inspected the shelter. “For roofing there is a few rules of thumb, leaves or palm fronds should generally be positioned how they were growing, that way the water will wash properly. Also if you can see light through it you probably need more. For smaller leaves or things like thatching you need to make it thick, like a meter thick or more to guarantee that it won’t leak. Looks structurally sound though. Good job.”

Taking a deep breath, and stepping aside to not deafen Okkeus, he exhaled and whistled loudly to get everyone's attention. “Everyone gather,”

Damian gathered the group around him and started to show them the various works he’d done. “So for water there is no easy solution. You can make a filter with charcoal gathered from your fire, sand, and other materials. There is a few ways to make this and I suggest you consult a survival manual on it. I have two designs here, one using an old bottle another with sticks and clothDamian waved his hands to the filter. “Now this is a filter, not a purifier. You’ll still need to boil the final product.”

Taking a deep breath he looked over at the hole he’d made in the ground. “This is a solar still. It can get water from tree leaves and help to desalinate salt water.” The design was simple, water evaporated from the leaves and from any water you threw into the bit rising up and hitting the plastic sheeting which was shaped in a rough cone directing the droplets back into a cup or other container. “To help purify and get rid of salt in water you can also use a variety of stills. Of course the best will have pipes but in a pinch you can use a mirror or more likely a piece of ship debris and bridge the gap between two containers. The mirror will catch water evaporating from the boiling salt water and then send it back into your second container both desalinated and pure. The principal here is you’re trying to get pure water evaporated from the dirty or salty water and can work in many different ways.” Damian waved his hand to two bottles set up one atop the other diagonal on a rock.

“Moving on, Miss Waters has volunteered to take you all spear fishing. I’d like you to examine the design of this four pronged fishing spear, fashion one, and take to the water.” He wondered how long that would last. The island was nice and warm, the water was frigid. Chattering teeth would no doubt follow.

"Oh!" he called out, "Also gather any shells you find and put any edibles you find on the island over here," he lifted up a basket to show the others where he meant. Satisfied now he walked over to his folding chair and sat down watching everything play out.

Brooke Waters Brooke Waters Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Myri Oakheart
OOC: Sorry it took so long. Some people dropped out and I was feeling a bit poorly.

Caden had kinda zoned out.

He had just sort of taken up shelter in his makeshift hut and just sat. He wasn't sure if he had lost himself in meditation or what, but when he had looked around the class seemed to be moving on. He sort of half fell out of the shack at the whistle of Master Starchaser.

The pile of Fungi had remained untouched, he was happy to say.

He listened as Master Starchaser began to talk about how to get water when stuck on a random planet with no clean water source. The first option that he demonstrated was to filter water using charcoal, sand and cloth. It was basic and still required work after the filtering had been completed.

The second that Master Starchaser demonstrated was something called a Solar Still. Caden studied the still quite in depth. It seemed to work via collecting water from trees, which was actually pretty smart. The Master then continued to speak about how else they could purify water, using mirrors or pipes, if any pipes could be found or salvaged.

Then the Jedi Master spoke about the spear fishing adventure.

Caden studied the design of the spear. He was luckily in a way that he had a little extra wood. He grabbed a small log and pulled it up towards him. He knelt next to the log for a moment, thinking. He wasn't sure how he was going to break the four prongs into it.

Then it come to him.

He grabbed a sharp looking rock from nearby and placed the edge of the log (well, more like big stick) against it. Caden brought his foot down full weight to break the wood. He did this a few more times, until annoyingly he went too far with one of the stomps and broke a prong off.

Annoying, but not the end of the world. He sigh to himself and went back to study the original that Master Starchaser had built. He returned to his own a few seconds later and began to fashion his supports. He used some thick, but short sticks and some thick vine to tie it all together.

Then he got to his feet, brushing the sand off of him.

He looked at the water, and plunged it.

Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser | Brooke Waters Brooke Waters | Myri Oakheart | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

The thing with Brooke was that she wasn’t really a Jedi. Sure, she had some education that would be Jedi-esque, but she felt it would be an insult to those who wore the mantle. She did have her lightsaber, decorated with corals and pearls, but it was more her trident that was her weapon. Watching as Damian handed her a spear, she shook her head. “I have my own, and yeah, I promise to not use the Force.” If people were coming with her, but her own Clan did prefer to hunt honestly. And she wasn’t going to let that down. But fire? That was fine by her own code.

She stepped closer to the water and shed the outer layers of what she had on, a lycra-type substance that made a not-too-revealing but form fitting body glove, mostly for protection from what was under the water, and to keep her warm should it be too cold, but she wasn’t worried. Also, it had the added benefit of potentially disarming those who were coming after her.

Not fish, but men.

Stepping her feet in the water, she tied her hair up and looked around, wondering if anyone was going to come with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom