Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Campaign - Wild Space Open Narrative

Hello there!

With the fall of several Empires, the Galaxy, especially outside the mighty stable Core, experiences a time of distress and chaos. For this purpose I would like to start a little campaign located in Wild Space, aimed at the region around Bakura and Endor which was firmly in the hands of the Eternal Empire as of late.

The idea is not to create a map-changing narrative, but a narrative background for personal stories to be told in a chaotic, pirate infested and wartorn part of the Galaxy. This is also aimed as a starter prologue for the Hegemony, as they (me) will put up the narrative background for the roleplay.

To elaborate a bit more, the region experiences a high degree of instability and some outside forces decide to intervene, both in favour of the local people or against them. This can go from a policing action, to some union negotiations, open war between the opposing sides - anything. It is aimed to be a campaign, as in, threads building up on each other, but all parts will be free to join or leave at any time.

But you do not have to participate in the 'bigger picture' adventures - I want to encourage people to join in to enjoy a situation and scenario where someone else is describing the background and making the theme. As an example, you decide to train your apprentice on the world and those who are fighting over the world, can do it peacefully or your excursions suddenly turns into a warzone and you have to survive and get out.
To avoid it becoming messy, I would put up several locations for each thread where you can either put your character(s) on their own for personal arcs or to put in your greater ambition of gaining some influence, resources, manpower, friends, or whatever.

The personal arcs have absolutely no limit! If you want to put in your smuggler and support some locals with sanctioned foodstuffs - do so! If there is a battle for a city raging on and you decide to break into the local museum and steal art - be our guest! If you are on your holiday and think the situation might require a negotiator or diplomat - lets sit at the round table! Do you want to do a military campaign with a bit of fleet and ground troops - knuckle up!

This is meant for pure fun and joy, not to get competitive, especially the 'bigger' picture story and that all actions might have an effect on the situation in the next thread/phase! Continuation depends on how the people react to it and how many would like to join, but honesty, if it makes two people enjoy themselves, thats plenty of reward.

Hope to see you around soon!

P.S.: I am not sure if I want to start it before or during the Annihilation, but probably afterwards or towards the end of it.

Amaran rogue investigator, slicer and researcher
Sounds like fun, and I could alternate three characters and exercise them in supporting roles, as none of them are capable masterminds - either supporters or solos - and this could make for great character development. I look forward to some opportunities, schedule-willing.

Looks like an awesome start for my upcoming character (I'm making his species RN) and he will need some crew (of his own species) for his ship (grievous-class star destroyer), he will be able to do a lot here, so when I will be done making him, I'm all in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom