Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Calming Presence | Senate Dispatch

scqHvSf.jpg

Lohopa II
Senate Dispatch
(Soundtrack:
Feros)

div-orange.png

How do I look?” Kel asked Senator Valette Puritis Yumia Valette Puritis Yumia as he stepped into the cabin of their shuttle. He was donned in casual local clothing, but most prominent was the sedge hat he wore atop his head.

The Bothan peered from beneath its wide rim, his feline eyes almost glittering in the shade it cast on his face. He grinned, sliding it back as he took a seat opposite her. The datapad in his hand was glowing dimly as lines of information slowly ascended across the screen.

Right, well- things on Lohopa aren’t bad enough that we need to hide, but we should be cautious moving throughout the city. Demonstrations have been growing less peaceful by the day, and I fear things may escalate if we tromp through like the high and mighty senators they think we are.

Kel cleared his throat, eyeing the next few lines on the pad before tossing it onto the table between them. He looked to Yumia with concerned eyes.

This is going to be a tough sell, Senator,” he admitted. She already knew as much, but saying it aloud put the situation into the appropriate focus.

We must remind them not only of what they’ve gained from joining the Alliance, but of what we are doing to defend them now from the shadows of war.

scqHvSf.jpg

Lohopa II
Tags: Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav

Beam_Saber_2.png

How do I look?

"Dashing, Senator," Yumia noted, perhaps in a teasing manner.

They needed to remain in high spirits. This was a tough situation indeed. With conflict now within their boarders, worlds near the Rimma were growing nervous. Already her own planet, Ord Providence, was bracing for the worst. Some were ready to stand and fight. Others wanted to split off and sue for some kind of peace. Valette feared that the Enclave would be less charitable to those who showed cowardice than those who stood up to protect their homes.

And the innocent would suffer the most.

This is going to be a tough sell, Senator,

"I have forseen such," she noted. "They are scared. I fear splitting off from our Alliance may make the people of Lohopa II a bigger target. The Mandalorians dispise cowardice after all. All we can do is start the converstaion, remind them that they're safer in a union than facing the Galaxy alone. Her people will depend upon it."

Her face remain shrouded, of course, but Yumia's presence would be a warm one. She understood the stress as much as anyone else, after all, especially being the representative of a boarder world. The Godoan was prepared to do what she must.

"Let us hold our heads high, Se'Taav," the young woman added. "We've been preparing for this moment for a long time now. This was inevitable. It's time we put our skill to some good."

scqHvSf.jpg

Lohopa II
Senate Dispatch
(Soundtrack:
Feros)

div-orange.png

Kel gave the Godoan an agreeable nod.

Indeed it is.

He peered through the shuttle viewport then, taking in the rugged terrain of the mining world as they drew nearer to their landing zone. They’d been given all the clearances necessary to touch down in one of Lohopa’s more secluded areas, to avoid unnecessary attention from the locals.

A good thing, too, Kel thought; Already, he could make out large clusters of demonstrators in the narrow streets.

Let’s hope our preparations were enough to sway them, hm?” Kel said with a sad smile. The situation had clearly been weighing heavily on the old Bothan.

There was a time when only their enemies questioned the virtuosity of the Alliance… it pained Kel to see that was no longer the case. It made him long for the good old days, or at least the ability to know that you’re living in them before they’re gone.

When the shuttle touched down, Kel was the first to stand, opening the door himself and offering hand to Yumia.

After you, my friend,” he said warmly, following her afterwards to meet the representatives sent to greet them.

Welcome to Lohopa,” an older gentleman said with a bow. His gesture was repeated by the others, who bid their welcomes as well.

We are eager to hear your words, esteemed Senators.

Yes, eager indeed.

Kel looked to Yumia from the side of his eye before speaking. “We’re honored to have this opportunity to discuss these matters with you.

The Alliance is grateful for your willingness. I am Senator Kellian Se’Taav of Abregado-rae, and this is my colleague-” he said, waving a gentle hand her way, “Valette Yumia of Ord Providence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom