Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of The Resol'Nare [Khonan Chronicles - OPEN]

Khonan the Barbaric

K
Khonan_The_Barbaric_Thread_Title.png
IN
CALL OF THE RESOL'NARE
entrancetonabat.jpg
Hither came Khonan the Mandalorian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, blaster and power hammer in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the worlds of the galaxy under his durasteel armored feet.
RYLOTH
High atop one of the many tower cities of Ryloth desert world, the harsh winds cut against the façades of the steel embedded in the mountain side. The wind carried sands and small debris, clanking and clanging against the steel creating an eerie melody of brutality and violence. Hidden in the corner of the many establishments that face the towers south view balcony is the Grim's Deep, a pub and tavern for those who wander to the world. Mercenaries, soldiers Techo Union operatives and scum of all sorts make up the tavern's usual clientèle.

Slouched in a table booth and the far end of the tavern's dimly lit central bar island chamber was Khonan, known as the Barbaric in the underworld, once gladiator or warrior without purpose turned Mandalorian and ardent follower of the Resol'nare - the binding core of the warrior culture's people. With red armor intertwined with decorations of black serpentine lines, jagged and geometrically stark, Khonan bathed in crimson oozed an uneasy aura of violence and brooding. His helmet placed atop the table, Khonan's long black mane slid down his crown to his shoulders. A beautiful Twi'lek, a wench by the name of Iesebcrehu - Khonan called Izzy - made her way to his table. The scantly dressed emerald skinned courtesan lounged over her usual costumer with a promiscuous glint in her eye.

She smiled at him, "Here for seconds I see Khonan." Khonan did not respond, even when Izzy brushed her fine gentle fingers across his blunt square jaw. Annoyed, her fingers turned to claws and clutched his chin to pull herself up and look into his dark eyes. "You seem...preoccupied." Izzy growled in irritation.

"Work and battle." Khonan hissed back as he surveyed the clients of the tavern. "Without it my code is unsatisfied. And neither will you, Izzy." he finished wrapping his large fingers against Izzy's slender digits. Izzy grinned and raised a brow at the cryptic reply. "You Mandalorians are a curious bunch." Izzy laughed. "I can hardly think any fairer than I and yet it seems I have lost to the greater beauty of violence. Ha!"

Izzy pulled herself away from Khonan's lap and slid down to sit beside him, motioning to another bar maid and ordered another round of drinks. "I know of a battle that awaits you...Khonan." Izzy drank her drink while her eyes became intimately locked with Khonan's. "What do you mean by that my dear." said Khonan. "Dear?" Izzy giggled. "I much preferred when you called me beauty...soon a merchant of high power among here, his name is Zandal, will make call for warriors. Perhaps that call beckons you, Khonan." Khonan was intrigued. He had only recently joined the ranks of the Mandalorians, trading his pointless battles of a gladiator to that of a warrior with purpose, but he needed to prove himself. He had years of experience as a mercenary and a gladiator - but now he wanted a triumph under his new form, under the watch and call of the Manda and Resol'nare.

"And what do want...beauty." Khonan smiled. Izzy was beautiful and kind, but ruthless and credit orientated. A deadly beauty indeed. "You know me so well my love." Izzy smirked. "Half of what you receive in payment...and perhaps...another visit before you disappear on me again." Khonan made nodding smile and leaned to kiss his long time lover on the forehead. "Temptress." he praised Izzy in a cynical jest.

Soon the tavern was a buzz as Zandal and his cohort of thugs marched in and demanded the tavern keep gather what rabble would be interested. A crowd gathered. Izzy looked at Khonan as he looked at her. She nodded and her grin became sinister as if to say in silent motion - none can complete this task besides you, go. Khonan held Izzy and let his harsh lips caress her delicate red inked. Placing his helmet on and re-holstering his power hammer and blaster rifle he departed his lover once again.

"Don't be too long this time. Love." Izzy whispered.

[member="Marcus Itera"] | [member="Gilamar Skirata"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Angelus Deus pushed open the door of the tavern known as the Grim's Deep with a look of distaste, his eyes moving from the door itself to the clientele within. Tapping his cane on the ground absently for a moment as he stood in the doorway, his eyes flickered around the room. A drunk patron was staggering toward him, attempting to leave the building without tripping over his own feet, so Deus stepped fully inside but stayed close to the exit. Wrapping his red cloak tighter around his body, he leaned against the wall and leaned his head slightly into the fur lining the neck, to get himself comfortable for the wait.

He hadn't been on the planet all that long, but he knew he didn't like the place already. As a member of the Knights Obsidian, he was expected to actively participate in enterprises which the Techno Union had an interest in; what interest they had here, he knew not, but nor did he care. If his Master and the Council asked for him to be somewhere, then there he would be. His orders had yet to specify where he was to go in the province to rendezvous with others here on behalf of the Union, but he had arrived early and had followed his feet and intuition - which led him here. To this dimly lit drinking establishment filled with mercenaries, thugs and other such individuals best described as 'shady'.

The door banged open beside him, snapping him out of his musings. He watched as a group of men came in, loudly drawing attention to themselves as they barked orders at staff and customers alike; demanding an audience with anyone who was interested. Deus stayed where he was, silently watching them, and noticed in his peripheral vision a heavily armoured individual who was slipping on a helmet and moving closer.

[member="Khonan the Barbaric"]​

Ek Griz walked into Grim's Deep, A young man with white hair that is close cropped on the sides and longer on the top and swept to the side. His Golden bionic eye searching the room in tandem with his natural grey one. Griz is of middling height for a human so that when his features are hidden by his grey cloak, he stands out very little in a crowd. He wears an Obsidian Armor grade mask that covers the lower half of his face as well as the back and sides of his head, leaving his eyes, forehead and the top of his head exposed. the front of the mask has a grill similar to the old imperial scout trooper helmets. This mask/helm is steely grey. He wears a stripe of purple war paint across his eyes. Under his grey cloak, he wears a Black sleeveless hooded robe with White trim that is mid calf length. Strapped to his back is a rifle. Now both of his hoods were up. This meeting seemed like a somewhat covert one. As he scanned the room, he recognized Angelous, his fellow Neophyte, approaching a Mandalorian. "Looks like this is the place."

[member="Angelus Deus"][member="Khonan the Barbaric"]

Khonan the Barbaric

K
[member="Angelus Deus"] [member="Ek Vilibro Griz"]

In came Zandal, a slimy Twi'lek with a sick green hue on his skin. Bordered by black clad mercenaries he demanded the attention of the bar. He sat in a booth and growled at his guards. One motioned to the tavern keep. The big lumbering man approached the Twi'lek. "Find me the worst sort of monster your tavern can muster and have them meet here. I have a job for the scum you collect here." The tavern keep wandered off, while three men stood in front of Zandal. Khonan, noticing he was not the only one to anticipate the call of Zandal nodded to the two as he placed his helmet fully on. Marching to Zandal, who was too interested in his drink to notice, the mandalorian loomed over his table. Zandal noticing the encroaching shadow at last looked away from his drink to be startled by Khonan's visage.

​"I hear that you have a job that needs completion." Khonan's helmet modulator crackled and hissed. Zandal wrinkled one of his hairless brows. "And what would you know of such an arrangement? Hmm." Zandal mocked. But then the shadow of a figure more fearful than Khonan came into his view. Between the seedy patrons the image of Izzy loomed. Zandal's both brows rose up. "So you are friends with that spider eh?" Zandal hissed. Khonan chuckled under his helm. "The job. Zandal." Zandal's smirked died. Zandal growned and motioned for him to be seated. Khonan looked behind him first and gestured to the two who had approached him, "It seems there are more warriors here that have heard than I."

Zandal nodded in annoyed compliance. And began to tell him of the deed that needed to be done.

"Yes I too am interested...as long as it pays well" Ek gently patted on the butt of his rifle. "What IS the job anyhow?" Ek's golden bionic eye caught the light as he stared down the Twi'lek. Ek then pulled up a chair, never breaking eye contact.

[member="Khonan the Barbaric"][member="Angelus Deus"]

OOC: sorry for the short post, not much to say until we get the assignment

The Count moved from his position at the door over to the now merging group, agiley swerving between passing customers as his cane tapping quietly on the floor. He then leaned against the side of the booth, prefering to stand rather than sit. His eyes moved quickly over each patron before returning to the small assembly in front of him.

"Unlike some; I'm not here for the pay, but I do agree," He stated, glancing at the man that had brought them all here, before his head turned slightly to watch as a heavily set man glowered at him as he passed the group, "Let's be quick with these details, so we can all go on our way. The quicker I leave this place, the better."

[member="Ek Vilibro Griz"] [member="Khonan the Barbaric"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom