Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call Me Call Me

Nova Tordenbryter

N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL_KyJpRuKU

The Force.
“It’s an energy field created by all living things."
"It surrounds us and penetrates us."
"It binds the galaxy together."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Force may also for those who will calm themselves and focus; be their guide. Nova listened for any call to aid in her search. Located somewhere in the ruins of the old Jedi Temple of Ossus was her Kyber Crystal. Without this object of her past as a Jedi; Nova could never return to serve the Light as she had said she would to [member="Junko Ike"]. Failure here was not an option.

Nova focused her mind. Breathing in and out rhythmically. Eyes closed and she waited in the cold night for something. What could have been minutes or hours passed before she saw that something. A vision, short, not very informative. Nova saw a burning tree in the darkness, and far away from there in the distance a flash of some objects. They too were very bright but not like the tree on fire. It all seemed vague as could be. She was told at some point in her youth at the Coruscant Temple that the Force was rarely direct in its visions. Only those gifted in this particular area could often obtain more clairvoyance. Otherwise it was up to the receiver to reason what information the vision was conveying. More time was spent on trying to understand. Applying Occam's Razor to the situation Nova believed she was to find this burning tree. It was likely to be in the ruins of the Temple grounds. Though it was destroyed and looted. Nova had hidden her precious crystal away. Unfortunate for her she couldn't remember where precisely. Lollygagging no more she was determined the tree was the objective to find. Though she could see no flames from the hill she was perched atop. Things would unfold as they would and reveal themselves as they were ready. The Force was mysterious in its ways. She just had to trust in it. She took off down the slope of the hill into the dense jungle. A low rumble of thunder sounding in the distance.

Several kilometers away from the Temple Ruins was and unknown to Nova, The Great Sith Library. A center of learning for the Empires dark forces. Among of course other functions it served. In it's capacities it also served as the Sith's power base on Ossus. One of the Dark Lords servants would be out tonight. What purpose they had was their own. But soon enough this Sith stalker of the night would meet our redemption seeking knight in these ruins. Soon enough indeed.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

It was odd for anyone to return to the Jedi Ruins. There were no creatures, no artifacts. No history. The Sith had made sure what ever needed to be recovered was, and the rest destroyed. There wasn't even some ancient temple guardian for young Sith to test their metal against. So it certainly came as a surprise when Kahlil was notified of someone entering the location.

Kahlil had been focused on his reading, the young Zambrano nose deep in a book about the basics of alchemy. He was interrupted by a dark suited soldier, who saluted him. "There's an odd disturbance at the Jedi Temple, as the highest ranking Sith here you have the authority." The book snapped closed in the young Sith's hand as he looked up and nodded. "Very well, I'll deal with it personally." With that he stood up and snatched his staff, stepping away.

What ever curious individual entered the temple had his fullest attention now.

[member="Nova Tordenbryter"]

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Moving through the brush was slow going. The cover of night made every tree root and dip in the ground a potential ankle breaker. There was plenty of cursing on this trip. After about an hour of this trudging, Nova arrived at the edge of the Temples grounds to the eastern side. So far remaining unmolested. Nova leaned on an arm against a ruined block of stone. A little worn from the hike but nothing a short break wouldn't relieve. "I need to focus. Feel outwards like I did on Ilum. Let it call for you. Remember what you were taught and trust in the Force." Nova shoved off from the block. Emerging from the shadows of the jungle to clear and open grounds. She took a look around. Nothing of a threat as could be seen. Only the stars provided any light. Nothing felt off so Nova decided to proceed. Kneeling down in the dirt to connect with the Force. It would not be long of a wait. Sensations began flowing in. Nothing she was looking for. Further outwards from herself Nova eventually felt something, something she had not expected, it was... "Fear." Curious as to the source she worked to find a direction of this source. Now there was little time left. Something itched at the back of her mind. Ignoring it she continued. It wasn't too far, and was to the west. Suddenly she felt cold. The itch burned now. A blast of thunder roared from the sky! Nova jumped, scrambling forward with all haste. "Kark, kark, kark." Someone was coming. A panic had taken her for the moment. Nothing ever prepared you for when the first strike hit. Nova drew a blaster. The sky above had clouds blowing in from the northwest. The wind began picking up. The storm was coming.

The coming storm made it rather difficult for Kahlil to focus on where he was going. Thunder cracked through the night clouds, filling the otherwise silence of the temple with it's booming voice. The young Sith only had his staff with him, dressed in simple commoner clothing. He wasn't expecting a fight, or at least something dangerous. No Jedi would come alone this deep in the Empire, right?

Or at least one that would be noticed.

As he got near the center his senses reached out, feeling for the intruder. Nothing so far. Was it a fluke?

"I know you're there. Reveal yourself."

[member="Nova Tordenbryter"]

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova dashed into another grove of trees. She was in the dark here, literally, as to the threat. Figuring out just how much of one this person was took priority. Could be some Apprentice or a Sith Lord, could just be some soldier guarding the ruins from an intruder. Who or whatever it was she would need to get a visual. She was out of wack and unable to focus anymore on her senses. Probably stuck out like a sore thumb if they were any good at sensing other Force users around them if they looked beyond a short distance. Nova had little ability to conceal herself this way. Poor natural talent but she made up for it in other ways.

The weather was picking up. Wind constantly stirring the leaves. Thunder drawing ever closer. Time for battle near. Nova pushed through the small stand of trees to another clearing. There she heard the voice and demand of this stranger. A call to reveal herself. Ludicrous of them but perhaps they were right. It would be easier to fight one than have reinforcements be called in. "Why don't you show yourself!"

Kahlil stood out in the open, his staff being the only artifact he had bothered to bring with him. His hazel gaze continued around the ruins, a frown clear on his face. At [member="Nova Tordenbryter"] 's answer his gaze immediately snapped over, focused. "These ruins were left abandoned for a reason. Why are you here? Who sent you?" There were a number of questions more he wanted to ask, but he kept it simple for the time being.

In the meantime however he slowly flexed his fingers on his staff, preparing any number of spells that he might have to cast should the answer be anything but a grovel.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova appeared from the shadows. The inky black peeling off her like a drape. As the Sith would get a good look at her, so would she. The man was a giant. Far taller than herself. And he was carrying something. Hard to tell just what it was in the low light conditions but it looked like some big stick. Reflex readied her trigger finger on the blaster set in her left hand. Her right kept loose but at the ready. Just what the man was capable of was unknown. A powerful foe none the less. Nova had no choice if he wished to fight. "None of your business boy, but I'm just here to retrieve something of mine. Once I find it I'll be on my way. Now why don't you run on home. Wouldn't want to get caught out in the storm."

"That is a poor answer. To claim ownership of something within a Jedi Temple only makes my suspicion worse." Kahlil let out a sigh as he spoke, glancing around the ruins again. There shouldn't be anything of worth left here after the Sith tore it down, yet [member="Nova Tordenbryter"] had the gall to tell him to leave? The red gem on his staff began to glow it's ominous color as he began to pace, his attention again on the pirate before him.

"Short of being Sith yourself, there's no way I can let you walk out here free, girl. So tell me what it is you're looking for, and where you hail from. Refuse, and I will make you submit."

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Were there ever reasonable Sith Nova wondered? They always needed to be in control. So greedy of them. Maybe she could use that to her advantage. "Alright then. I'm looking for my lightsaber crystal. And a holocron. I left both here many years ago in care of the Jedi while I was exploring and raiding the outer reaches of Wild Space. Had a good friend at the Temple here who would safeguard them. Only in the last week have I returned from the fringe. Two days ago I was in Nar Kreeta refueling and provisioning my ship. There I learned the Sith had taken over the eastern territories again. Further that the Temple had been sacked and torn down. Through The Force, it showed me through a vision that the crystal and holocron are still here. The Sith likely wouldn't grant any request for me to retrieve my property. So I figured I'd just come here at night and be in and out without bothering anyone." Nova took a turning step back to face the pacing Sith. He had not attacked yet. Perhaps curious to hear more. Maybe trying to asses her and get a better look for what she was armed with? Whatever the case the truth and lie combo was holding him off. Keeping indecision on the table. "And, shortly after I landed I had another vision. A burning tree would lead me to where they're located. If the vision was literal. I simply have to wait for lightning to strike one and there it should be. I'll let you have the Holocron in exchange to forget about me being here. It has a wealth of knowledge stored on it. With some powerful abilities you as a Sith may find most useful to obtain. Not something I'd pass up if I were in your shoes. I'd trade a great deal for power myself." Nova ceased talking. Letting the Sith have room to respond to her offer. It was a fair one. Though a ruse to just buy Nova time. How could the Sith know otherwise though. There well could be some last secret here. Something they missed. After all Nova was here looking on this dangerous and fortified Sith world. She was clearly after something dealing with this much risk. No real Sith would give up a chance at more power. All he had to deal with was a woman without a Lightsaber if she were lying about it.

"So a thief in the night with a connection to the Force. A shame." Above the staff darkness began to coalesce, visible in the red glow of his staff. Kahlil narrowed his eyes at [member="Nova Tordenbryter"] as the sphere of black formed, resting in the air for a moment. "Perhaps if a more simple minded Sith had come by they'd have made the deal, but there are no deals with a Jedi. I will capture you if I don't kill you, and I will extract the knowledge I want." He held up a slender finger, pointing it for the Jedi.

"S̶͍̮̲͍u̥t̼̪̙ţ͉̜͕̪a̙̗̘͎̣̩ ̻̘̼̞͝C̞̱̯̙̣̪h̴̩̪̘̳̩w̫͟i̡̠̳̯̯̥̠ṭ̪͓̮̭̥̱͠ưs̝̮͉̞̬͡k͇̠̣͙͖̱͚̕a҉̭̲̝ͅk͓."

The black sphere then flew forward, erupting into a mass of heat threatening to consume the Jedi where she stood.

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Nova's eyes went wide in surprise at the black ball shooting out towards her. Only getting into a jump and roll by some small fraction of seconds before she would have been toast. Nova ended up on a knee with the other leg spread out. "You son of a..." Cutting her frustration short as Nova knew she'd need to remain calm if she was to get out of this. Getting angry only played to aid him. Nova drew up her blaster and grabber her blade handle with the other. "A sorcerer? Never would have imagined a big guy like you would be in to that. Lets see what's better. Rogues or Wizards." Nova began cracking off shots at the Sith. It was best to keep him at range for now. Easier to dodge his attacks until conditions were right.

A barrier quickly formed around the knight as he deflected the shots, a frown forming on his lips. [member="Nova Tordenbryter"] was determined to fight it seemed. "The Rogue only has the advantage when they're stealthed you know." He spoke out, letting a smile form on his features. The little Jedi wouldn't have it easy. A pair of the black spheres formed above the Knight as he pointed a finger to where Nova was crouched, sending one right for her with the other close behind, ready to alter it's course for where she might evade.

"You should just give up."

Nova Tordenbryter

N
Another of the same attack. Nova pushed up with her leg muscles and the Force. Propelling upwards over his attacks. They weren't even able to get close this time. Rogues were of course faster than Wizards. Something a nerd like him ought to know. "Not when I have the advantage on you boy. I just need to be patient and I'll win!" Nova reached the top of her arc. Coming down she threw her right hand ahead to send a telekinetic push at Kahlil. He wasn't going to enjoy a one sided match.

The Sith raised a single hand as the push came his way. A barrier of red formed, catching the blast before shattering on impact, sending the knight sliding back along the dirt as the energy left over hit him. [member="Nova Tordenbryter"] was right. He wasn't going to enjoy such a one sided match. More of the spheres surrounded him as he kept his hand lifted, unleashing the barrage of mini fireballs upon the pirate Jedi in an attempt to simply overwhelm her with sheer fire power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom