Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Caldera Crisis - Primo Victoria (Galidraan)

Lily's sucked in a breath as Fio moved away, rapidly brushing the tears away, whether they were born of anger, or just the simple weight of everything coalescing into this one moment, she wasn't sure, but she sure as hell wasn't going to give in to it yet. She wouldn't let that woman be the proverbial straw on her back. A few deep breaths and she had almost gotten a grip of herself when Iskey approached.

She nodded, the lump in her throat briefly sealing the ability to speak away from her. She cleared her throat. "Yes," she managed though her voice was wobbly. "I'd like that."

Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn

Kurayami slid into the pilots chair of the gunship and started plotting the course for the Pilgrim's rest. He had to admit he felt bad for the girl, everything she was going through. He wanted to tell her that it was going to be fine, the things could still work out if she was willing to wait and play the long game. He knew better though as his fingers flipped the switches and punched the buttons to set coordinates. "R6 finish setting coordinates for Pilgrims rest, send me a ping when we are within range and I'll guide us the rest of the way. Today has been stressful enough for a whole week." The sad beeps and whirs of the droid seemed out of place to the Corellian given its usually bellicose attitude towards him, especially when it ended with a worried sounding whistle. Kurayami chuckled slightly and walked over to the droid patting him on the head. "I'm gonna be perfectly fine little buddy, just a crazy day that didn't go at all how I expected. Just get me close so we can get this ordeal over with."

Iskendyr waited until both his great grandmother and his 'uncle' had left. Wordlessly he closed the distance between himself and Lily, taking her hand in his he led her to a small corner of the ship where they could see who came in and out of the cargo hold. Sitting down beside her the young man took a deep breath and exhaled, he was trying to find the right words to say to her. He could only remember words his mother once told him. Sometimes the best thing you could do was just to be there for someone. Iskendyr held Lily's hand for as long as it took, until the words found him and when they did, "someone once told me that... we are not defined by our families. Whatever plans they may have for us are of their own creation. We still have the ability to decide for ourselves, and..." his voice trailed off, his azure gaze landed on hers, "I trust you."

"And I know that no matter what, you'll always do the right thing, you're a good person," the softness that showed in his eyes, his words wrapped with sincerity, "doesn't matter where you come from, I'll always be here." Iskey leaned over and gave her a kiss to the cheek, and offered a small, warm smile toward her. The young man put his arm around her, knowing that whatever time they had was slowly slipping away but for the moment the galaxy was still as it ever could or would be.

When he is blue eyes finally settled on her, the rest of the galaxy seemed to melt away. To know that he trusted her, to know that nothing Fiolette had said changed anything between them. Relief washed over her, with a fresh wave of tears.

She squeezed his hand, desperately trying to brush them away. The last few weeks had been one thing after another. "S-sorry." She choked out as he put his arm around her, covering her face with her free hand sucking in deep breaths she swore under her breath, desperate to get a grip of herself.

It took her a minute, maybe more, she want sure. All she knew was that he was there, and that was the most important thing, his hand in hers, his arm around her, that was enough. She hicupped, finally dropping her hand, wiping the last if her tears away. Bloodshot eyes and pink dusted cheeks turned to look at him.

"Thank you, for trusting me." She said after a moment, "I...um...I was really scared to tell you...and then when she..." she gestured loosely towards where she was sure Fiolette was probably lurking and listening, "...stars, Iskey, I don't want to lose you."

Iskendyr just pulled her into his embrace.

He pulled back, just enough to wipe her tears, "Lily, I don't... care, about where you're from or who you are that's not as important as just you being you." The young man took her hand to his lips and then with a smile. "You are enough Lily Rhodes, you will always be enough." Scooching closer to her he leaned back against the cabinet. Allowing Lily to rest herself on his shoulder, or chest - whatever was more comfortable for her. The young man just sighed with relief. "We're out of danger, you're going to be okay, no matter what - you're going to be okay, Lily." His hand over hers, a thumb running across the top of her hand.

Not knowing that between the traumatic moments aboard the Tavlar Military Academy, and now, they were forming a Force bond.

Lily settled her head on his chest with a soft sigh, closing her eyes. She wanted to believe that was the truth, that she wold be okay, that they would be okay. Here in his embrace she felt safer than she had ever felt, so how could they possibly be anything but? The tears slowed and stopped , exhaustion settling over her. It would be so easy just to sleep right here...

She felt herself drift, jolting upright with a sharp intake of breath, blinking the sleep rapidly out of her eyes. "Sorry." she said with a sheepish smile. they would be at the Rest soon...she would have to say goodbye to him soon. Sadness touched her smile. "What happens to you now the Academy is gone? Will you go and visit your mother?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom