Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cafe Ambush de la Mocha

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak sat in a modest restaraunt, untouched meal in front of him, glass of stimcaf lukewarm. He was doodling, and completely lost in his designs.

It was something that had been bugging him lately, and he wanted to get it down on paper. He needed it down on paper.

If, for example, someone walked in, right then and there, he'd be completely unaware of their presence.

Meret stood in the corner watching him draw, sketch doodle. She wanted to add something to his work. He seem to have a good eye for composition but maybe the addition of some darker lines would strengthen the composition. Meret would be very annoyed if someone corrected her art. She had an idea. Meret addressed the cafe manager "May I purchase one table cloth and whatever markers you have on hand? I will pay you well?" The manager gave her a table cloth and a handful of markers. She approach the artist deep in thought. "Nice work, would you like to work on a join project?" She did not wait for his answer. Meret took over the next table and spread out the table cloth and handed him a marker.

Jak Sandrow

He continued to work at his project. Her question, though, startled him. "Who - oh. Hello!" He took the marker, a little confused. "Um... what's this for?" He suddenly realized something. "Oh, you thought - this isn't.... " He coughed. "Ahem. Let me start over. Hello, my name's Sandrow. Jak Sandrow. What's yours?" he asked politely, offering a hand.

"Ah, this isn't artwork. It's more like... blueprints... for something I'm going to build. Soon. Maybe. You know anything about ergonomic design? I'm trying to get everything to fit together, but it won't quite click properly. I either have something sticking into my back or something hanging over a side." He showed her the sketch. It looked sort of like a backpack, only much larger and heavier.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

From her point of view the composition had unity and a pleasing visual appeal. "Oh I like what you are designing. I have worked with architects and know a little about ergonomics relating to anatomical physiology. Maybe a break? might help your process." Meret took her marker and did a contour drawing of his hand holding the marker. "Waiter? a menu?"

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, a break would probably be a good thing." He set his stylus down and cracked his fingers and wrist. He glanced over at her drawing. "Heh. I could never draw anything organic. Technical, though - I can make it practically pop out of the page..."

"Two menus, please," he amended to the waiter. "Thanks."

Once they came, he glanced over the choices. When the waiter returned, he stated, "I'll have the nerf rib platter, with a mug of Corellian ale."

Meret ordered a salad and mint tea. "Tech drawing is so hard, I was not trained to do such tasks. I hope you are being paid well. Do you come here often?" Meret could not resist the urge to draw on the table cloth. First it was a flower blossom with spirialling tendrils that curled around the edge of the table. She nudged Jak hand to add his creative touch, some flares or cross hatching. "We could sell this and make mega credits!"

Jak Sandrow

"Well, it's not for everyone, to be sure. No, this is my own project. My project, my idea, my brainchild."

He looked over at her. "You usually ask strangers these questions?" he said, feigning complete seriousness. But the mask cracked and he grinned at her. "No, this is my first time here. Was told by a buddy of mine to come here and order a nerf platter. Well, I did, so now I just have to wait.
"But enough of me. Do you come here often?"

He craned his neck to get a better look at her project. "Hmm.... needs a... wait. Is this some sort of spaceship? Or abstract art?" Nevertheless, he added hatches and gears, doodads and flaps, solar panels, etc.... When he was done, it looked like some form of biological engineering, actually gone right. For once. "Hunh. Maybe so. Well, we could try later, couldn't we?"

Just then the food arrived. "Talk about your fast food..." He dug in, the restaurant becoming his new favourite. "This is actually good stuff."

“Yes, I do I make it my business to learn about things, places, and persons! I am a politician. I am taking a shuttle to my conference and I have a few hours before it leaves.” He looked at her sketchings and then changed her floral arrangement into a spaceship. Meret pouted a little. “It was a flower…” She smiled. “Now it’s a spaceship, I’ll sell it and donate the credits to a charity.” Her salad was big with assorted greens and berries. “What’s a nerf?”

Jak Sandrow

"Ah. That would explain the questions..." He nodded. "Well, then you shouldn't have asked me to turn it into a spaceship," he teased.

"You do that," he said, pushing the picture over to her, a grin crossing his face. But his chin dropped to the floor at her next statement. "What's a nerf? You mean you've never heard of a nerf before?"

He drew a quick sketch. [link] "Nerf are one of the most versatile food products in the galaxy. They can be made for ribs, ground meat... heck, even glue, wool, stuff like that. I'm really surprised you never heard of them before. Though with food like that as a daily diet - " here he gestured to the greenery in front of her - "I'm not entirely surprised."

"So. Politics, you said. Who do you represent?"

" I like the spaceship, but I really wanted to see you be creative, you have a real talent!" She observed the nerf and thought that she may have seen herds of nerfs or is it nerves? graze in verdin pastures on Naboo but bovinology was not her forte. She delighted in eating her salad. Meret offered a taste to Jak. Her fork was stacked with a ruffle of greenery. He did not take her offer."I represent Endor; it's a great place. You should come and visit, you could stay at the hunter's lodge. We could hunt a nerf or a wild boar? What do you do beside design floral space ships?"

Jak Sandrow

"Pfft. Talent for tech. That's about it." He declined her salad. "I think that's the food my food eats," he quipped.

"Hm. Always wanted to go to Endor, never had an excuse. Heh, now I guess I do." He looked up at her next question. Swallowing the food in his mouth, he said, "Well, I pilot them."

"Just kidding. Though I do pilot ships."
"You do anything before being a politician, or is that your life goal?"

“ Pilot ships? You are a pilot? I do many things…I have been a sniper and a medic, patron of the arts, cook, gardener, whatever it takes… Please visit Endor I am preserving its natural environment while developing its resources. That sounded egotistical? I am Endor’s governor---The locals like me, I am not a threat to them and I protect them, and you? What do you do for fun? " Meret finished her salad and was looking for dessert.

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, I pilot..." He finished his nerf as she listed her pastimes... "Okay, yeah, I'll see if I can't make some time to come over."

He leaned back in his seat. "Well... piloting is fun in itself, but I'm partial to sabacc, or desjarikk. I'm not too bad at cooking myself, but usually I end up... well, cooking myself. You?"

"Cooking? What would you make for dessert?" Meret always had her eye on talent. She never knew who or what she would need for her projects. "You can just contact me through the governor's office on Endor, I'll give you the green carpet treatment!" She waved down the waiter. "Dessert?" She looked at her chrono to check and see how much time she had before her shuttle left for Endor. "Do you have your own ship?"

Jak Sandrow

"Dessert's the only thing I can make," he said wryly. "I make caramel cinnabons. Thaaat's about it. What can you cook?"

He nodded. "Okay. Um, you never told me your name. Who am I supposed to talk to?" he quipped. "Ah, dessert for me too, please," he said to the waiter.

"No, I don't. I hitch rides here and there, usually by public transport. It's not much, but I still haven't found the perfect ship. Yet. Ah well. 'S too bad, really. I'd like a ship. I'd like to get a ship. Can I afford to buy one? Nooo...." he ranted for a little. "Sorry. No, is the answer to your question."

“I can cook just about anything from slugs to soufflés. Survival skills versus culinary school! You are right I did not tell you my name. I like to keep a low profile.” She watched Jak as he rambled on. The server brought dessert menus. “I’ll have the red berry fruit tart with café? I tend to take public transportation or hitch rides also. I get to know my people. Too bad you don’t have a ship; I could have hitched a ride with you my shuttle to Endor leaves in one hour.” The server brought Meret her tart and café. She took a small bite and tasted the sweet and tart sensations in her mouth.

Jak Sandrow

"I'll have the choco-ice cream," he ordered.

Nodding at her, he asked, "And you're telling me this... why? Thank you," he said to the waiter.

The ice cream wasn't bad, actually.

"I plan on getting a ship, some time soon," he responded. "I hope..."

" When you visit Endor you will find out, I usually don't give strange beings my info. You could be a spy or something worst." Meret observed an odd looking creature walk into the Cafe. She scooted around and almost behind Jak. She whispered into his ear "Please don't move." The creature looked around the Cafe. "Don't read anything into this. I am engaged, to be married soon." She leant over and kissed Jak, letting her long hair fall over her face. Her eyes peeked through her locks of hair and watched the creature. The creature spoke into his comlink and then exited the Cafe. Meret pushed Jak away because it appeared he was enjoying the ploy too much. She threw some credits on the table, snatched the artsy table cloth. The Cafe had a back door which food deliveries came through. "I have to go..."

Jak Sandrow

"Right. I generally sit in a cafe waiting for my targets to show up," he said, his words dripping in sarcasm, a wry grin taking the edge off his words.

As she suddenly scooted over, he raised a brow, but then inwardly nodded in (partial) understanding as the being walked in.

He took the kiss, faking a smile, and genuinely grinned when he was shoved away. "Hey, I'm married, it's cool."

As she did that trick where they pull the tablecloth off without taking anything else off, he stood up as well. "Hey! What's wrong? Can I help at all?"

Meret rolled her eyes as she darted for the back door. He really did not understand that, that thing was looking for her and she had to eluded him. She ran out the door, down the alley, staying close to vehicles that lined the narrow way. She approached the corner only to see the creep in a landspeeder. Meret turned back down the alley and into the Cafe. She was frantic, and needed an escape. She passed Jak and ran out the front door of the Cafe. A Swoop bike, maybe she could steal, borrow one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom