Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Cabur Manda'kyramud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】

Name: Cabur Manda'kyramud (lit. Guardian Soul-Killer, translates to the Guardian Reaper)
Designation: Sentient (non-Sapient)
Homeworld: Dha'dinui
Language: n/a
Average height of adults: 136 cm.

Average weight of adults: 295 kg.
Skin color: Lavender
Hair color: Varying shades of black, licorice, indigo, rogal, azure magenta and lavender (usually in two-tone gradients)
Breathes: Type Ia - IIb

Strengths:
  • Highly intelligent (sentient)
  • Lures prey with bioluminescence
  • 50 - 60 kph sprint speed
  • Trichromatic vision (ie full color)
Neutral:
  • Large in stature; strong but heavy
  • Effects of the Force affect greatly, especially the Dark Side
Weaknesses:
  • Low, exclusive, isolated population
  • Become ill around Force nullification (yasalamiri, resin, etc)
  • Sensitive to fire and concussion
  • Extremely difficult to "tame"
  • Inability, as animals, to properly utilize technology: (Read: can't fly space ships and glass planets, etc)
Distinctions:
  • Feather-like mane(male)/crest(female)
  • Mildly photoluminescent fur
  • Bioluminescent gland in tail
  • Miasma glands in tail and back
  • Vulpine-like physiology
_
Average Lifespan: 90 GSY
Races: Universal
Estimated Population: ~18,000
Diet: Meat, Fish, Some Vegetation (some berries and fruits)
Communication:
Canine Sounds, Telepathy (limited*), Empathy
( * Cabur will usually not speak telepathically with outsiders, if in any way at all, though speaking with any kind of fluency or protraction is something built up over time with trust and understanding, no different than canon Force telepathy.)

Culture: Solitary creatures. They breed annually and usually partner for long periods of time, sometimes lifelong, and are usually monogamous. They do not voluntarily engage in socialization with other species. Territories are usually marked by miasma stains and boundaries are usually respected. Fights rarely occur, except out of defense; also rare. No other cultural distinctions.

Technology level: n/a

General behavior: Cabur Manda'kyramude are usually solitary, keeping to themselves with the seldom exceptions of when mated or expanding one's territory. Their reclusive, solitary nature leaves little in the way of culture. Even though some mate annually, others do not, and procreation is actually moderately rare, resulting in very slow population increases which are offset by their longevity. It is in their nature to run from humans and most sentient beings, or any creature larger than they, and they are highly intelligent, able to devise new tactics and make accurate threat assessments of various creatures they encounter after only limited interaction or observation. They are incredibly cunning nocturnal hunters who will lure most prey with their attractive colors at night and quickly close in on the unsuspecting victim, usually a medium-sized beast. Their colors are also used for attracting mates and in rare cases intimidating foes. Cabur Manda'kyramude have intelligence comparable to a dolphin or pre-sapiens, and while they do not fashion tools of their own in any known case, they are capable of learning the use of other man-made tools and mechanisms (where physiology provides (e.g.; not bipedal, no opposable thumbs, etc). Some develop and hone a strong enough connection to the Force to communicate telepathically with other sentient beings, translated through the Force as all Jedi do, though almost all are capable of some limited form of empathic communication. It is plausible, though statistically bordering impossible, for a Cabur Manda'kyramud to be sensitive to and able to use the Force, the odds limited by their very small population (abuse and this will be nerfed).

History: The Cabur Manda'kyramude are a beast of folklore, said in bedside stories and campfire tales for its will-o-wisp like nature. Due to the simplistic tendencies of the United Mandalorian Clans and that of many of their governed entities, the natural habitats of the titled Guardian Reapers remain relatively undisturbed, allowing them to remain isolated and stable. The population had grown and shrunken over thousands of years, limited by predation and geographical factors which further isolated the Cabur to their region, which existed around a very small and light Force nexus (historical purposes only) which the creatures grew attached to. These factors coupled with the lack of active cosmic exploration until the recent millennia meant that the Cabur were often regarded as mere legend. They had not been discovered until the near-end of the Old Republic Era and were never fully studied as they were too difficult and uninteresting to warrant further research and commit more resources toward. They are now a documented species, but are respected and protected, as poachers, smugglers and the impacts of human (sentient) habitation would have negative effects on their population and stability.

Notable Player-Characters: TBA
Image Credit: Linked Above (I don't image DA stuff in subs)
Intent: I wanted something that is fox-like, wolf-like, almost ethereal-like but not a Sithspawn, and we have no such species yet (actually really sparse in the Vulpine department). As a note to others who see the species, it's an opportunity to make a Sif.

Listmaster Darth Draven said:
Force effects (such as healing or corruption) affect greatly, especially the Dark Side
This is weakness is kind of double-edged. Sure, on one hand, it could be a pain if someone used a force power against it, but on the other hand powers like force-body and as you mentioned--healing--could turn this into a strength as well. So I'd like you to add another substantial weakness, if you would, since the above is both a strength and a weakness.

Telepathy (limited)
What are the limitations to this?

Cabur Manda'kyramude have intelligence comparable to a dolphin or pre-sapiens, and while they do not fashion tools of their own in any known case, they are capable of learning the use of other man-made tools and mechanisms.
I'm going to have to ask... What are the limits to what they can use? I'm assuming they lack opposable thumbs, or even true fingers, so I can't see them capable of using much and even then without doing so very clumsily.

(I'm going to say this is going to require permission from myself or a judge, though Force-sensitive NPC is definitely out of the question).

This is not something you as a member, or myself as a judge can enforce. There's no rules to say that someone cannot roleplay as a species without asking for permission, so anyone on the board is free to use these within the capabilities of the species and the board rules. So I'd like you to remove this provision, and it is unenforceable.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Anja Aj'Rou said:
This is weakness is kind of double-edged. Sure, on one hand, it could be a pain if someone used a force power against it, but on the other hand powers like force-body and as you mentioned--healing--could turn this into a strength as well. So I'd like you to add another substantial weakness, if you would, since the above is both a strength and a weakness.
Nothing to do with "powers," not literal healing but I will clarify that. Think gamey light/dark meter.

And done.~

[member="Listmaster Darth Draven"]

So to clarify, you're saying that their 'alignment' in the force can cause their appearance to change? Because to me, that doesn't sound like a weakness at all, so I'd still like another substantial weakness to be listed, please.

I still need another substantial weakness. Although I see you've added the portion about them being 'heavy', that really doesn't give me much seeing as they can run 60kph, I don't see where their heaviness might offset anything.

Try looking at the physiology of the creature. What about them might be considered a pretty significant weakness compared to the majority of sentient species in the galaxy?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] - I don't know, I thought the "I am an animal, not a person" was a hugely significant weakness compared to the majority of sentient species in the galaxy, but you're asking for even more nerf. Animals don't fly giant ships and destroy entire systems, carry guns, build machines or rise and fell empires. You're killing me here.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] - Because that's obvious, lol. I'm not saying I disagree, it's just... one of those really obvious things. It also does say "not applicable" under technology, ergo, they have no technology.

PS: I added that distinctly to weaknesses.

That's all I wanted--just for you to specify a weakness. Even if it's obvious, if it's not listed, you only had one truly substantial weakness (sensitivity to fire and concussion). The issues with the other strengths are they're almost entirely up to the writer, rather than circumstance. So now that you have their inability to utilize technology, due to well...having an animal physiology, out in the open it makes it easier for writers to know what they're up against without having to read through the entire submission.

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

When people go to look at a sub, the thing they skim is the strengths/weaknesses, that is why [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] asked for it to be listed explicitly.

That said, this is approved, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom