Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CA-05 Isihin'i-Class Chiss Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA-05 Isihin’i-class Chiss Starfighter
603_512.png
Out of Character (OOC) Information
  • Intent: To create a starfighter for the Chiss Ascendany
  • Image Credit: Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

Production Information

Technical Information

[*]Defense: Average

[*]Squadron Count: Low (8)
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average (70 DPF)
[*]Speed Rating: Low (950 km/h)
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average (1.25)

Standard Features
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Chiss Hyperdrive
  • Chaff Countermeasures
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Hyperwave Transceiver
  • Subspace Transceiver
  • Distress Beacon
  • Ejection Seat

Advanced Features

Characteristics

Strengths:
  • Higher than average armament to outpower the enemy and aimed at putting enemy fighters on the defensive
  • Versatile array of weaponry allows the starfighter to be used to support a multifunctional role
  • Because of the narrow design of the craft, attacks from in front and behind the craft are harder to hit

Weaknesses:
  • The starfighter sacrifices speed to more heavily arm itself. Because of this the ship can be outsped if unable to secure the blow early
  • Because of ship’s profile, flanking attacks are much easier to land of the craft and do damage to the hull
  • Lack of solid ship chassis could result in vital components (ie engines, laser, etc) being sheared off

Description
The CA-05 Isihin’i-class Chiss Starfighter was designed and developed with the intentions of bringing a multi-purpose role starfighter into the Ascendancy’s inventory that could fill-in in a number of different situations. It’s designs were heavily based off the designs recovered from the now aged and outdated B-wing utilized by the Rebellion back in the days of the Galactic Empire under Emperor Palpatine. It is heavily armed as compared to the the Fangcraft and the Clawcraft already present in the ranks of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, the Isihin’i offers a new angle by focussing more on overall firepower than on speed and maneuverability.

Throughout the development of the Isihin’i, the scientists, engineers and technicians forced a new perspective while still adhering to the innate value of life for the pilots that flew the ship, ensuring that such countermeasures as chaff and ejection seating remained even if it meant sacrificing certain advanced systems such as short-range sensor jamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom