Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By Silver Streams .. [Mysa]

We shall meet again...
Voss Starport
He head hung low as he walked toward the starport of Voss-ka, his large bag which hung over his shoulder had become much heavier with each step. Théo's heart even more so. He just come from meeting his father, to say good bye for now, the look on his father's face still very much in his mind. He just hoped that one day his father would understand, and his family. It took great effort not to turn around and run back to him, he wanted too so badly, but that would only mean he is running from himself. He had to go and face this, alone in order to try and strive for what his purpose was, Théo did not want to loose that either. If he did, then why go on? His grandfathers death, his life would have amounted to nothing, all his teaching of Théo would fade away ..

Théo would not have that happen.

He had sent a message to Mysa, to meet him here. In the message he had told her why, that he was leaving for some time, but he would be back, this was not the end of the Jedi or the Silvers for Théo, but if he is to join them as equals, to stand side by side with them with purpose, then this was his way to do so. He knew he had nothing to prove, to no one .. least of all his family, but there was one person that required this proof. Himself.

He entered the lobby, there are many people around either departing with him, or arriving, their lives separate to his own and with their own stories to tell. But there was only one person he needed now, and he stood waiting for her.
[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

It was wrong.

All of it.

Mysa hadn't been back in Voss for very long, having just brought Darien to safety following the assassination of his Father, when she received a message from her beloved Théo. He was leaving her, leaving them all, to go Force knew where. She knew he was suffering, they all were finding it difficult to cope with the loss of Thrand, but it seemed as though her brother was taking it particularly badly.

So much loss, so much grief. She couldn't escape it wherever she went.

Knowing that there was a chance that this might be farewell for good, after all she had learned first hand that the Galaxy was wrought with peril, Mysa had dropped what she was doing and headed straight for the Spaceport. She would not let him go without saying goodbye. She refused to.

When she saw him stood there, in clothes most foreign to her eyes, Mysa's lip began to tremble. She did her best to remain strong, to walk calmly toward him, but in the end she broke into a sprint and wrapped her arms around his neck.

She didn't want him to go. He was the only one who properly understood her... They had been through so much together, seen so much. How could she possibly remain strong without him?

"Must you go?" she whimpered, trying and failing to hold back tears.

He was her brother, he was her friend. And he was leaving.

[member="Théo Vhalorious"]

The scene played out like any other when people are say goodbye in the star port. He had sensed her coming and even managed to pull a smile on his face before turning just as she found his arms. "Hey Wriggles", he said softly while holding her just as firmly. How could he explain this, his leaving? After all the entire family and Midvinter have suffered for this loss, why was he effected so much more then them? He guessed individuals cope with grief differently, it was not as if he knew Thrand more or better, then most but his grandpapa had been more then that to him. He was a man of kindred spirit, it was like part of his own soul had died that day.

"I must, yes. I am little use to anyone in this state, let alone myself". Théo pulled back from the embrace to looking into Mysa's ice blue eyes he knew so well. He raised a hand and fussed with a strand of her hair, "Honestly?, really? your going with this look?", he teased her about her every changing style. Typical girl, he smiled a genuine one, trying to make her laugh. But the humour was only half hearted.

"I will return, to you and the family .. I know that much". He just did not know when.

She lost herself within her brother's embrace and closed her eyes. She wanted to raise her voice, to make him stay, but she knew that she couldn't. That wasn't her place, it wouldn't be right. Théo knew what was best for himself, and trying to change that or suggest otherwise would only put a strain on their relationship.

As he pulled back and explained himself Mysa wiped a tear from her eyes and sniffed. "I'm going to miss you, Fishbrain" she whispered, before smiling a little to his attempts at lightening the situation. He had seen her wearing such things before, she knew what he was trying to do. And for a moment she let it distract them.

"You look after yourself, okay? And..."

She bit her lip, with a slight sigh.

"And Théo, if you need anything... Anything at all, don't you hesitate to ask for help. Promise me that."

Her hand reached into the pocket of her cloak, curling around something she had carried with her since she had first left Midvinter alongside Thurion, before Théo had even been born.

She pulled out the small handcarved Vhaanir and held it within her fist for a moment, before offering it out to him.

"I want you to take him with you. Grandpa made him for me, he'll protect you. I promise."

It was no easy thing, giving up something which had been apart of her life for so long. Her first 'friend', a companion which had travelled with her across the stars, created by someone she had always loved and idolized. But Théo needed that reminder right now, he needed to have his family close, a reminder of his Grandpa and the Gods.

A reminder of home.

And when Théo came home, so too would Éar. She trusted Théo with her life, she could trust him with her most sacred item too.

"I will try my best and I will miss you too Wriggles", he managed a soft smile before giving Mysa one final hug. As for promises, he could not do that, no one can keep them in this galaxy, not really. He lowered his gaze to the floor of the star port, and over head the first call for boarding the shuttle to Iego was announced. From there Théo would travel out of Sanctum space.

"I .. I can't, promise you anything. In fact, I will never promise anything again. When I do, I break them. I had promised father I would not change, but I did. I promised grandpapa I would protect him, and ..", well, he did not have to explain that further.

He looked down a the small wooden carving of Éar resting in his hand, he knew just how important this little Vhaanir was to her, he knew from the day he was able to comprehend such things. Éar had been with her the day she stepped foot on Midvinter and that Thrand had gifted it. He could not help but smile again, he could see the handiwork in the carving, his own father had taught Théo how to work the wood, father had his own style, as did Théo .. as did Thrand. It was the way one could recognise the 'author'.

"I don't think I should take Éar, I don't want to run the risk of loosing it". He held it out to her, for her to take from him, but his face would tell her, just how wonderful the thought her for the offer. The second call to board came, and Théo would have to go.

They heard him call his name.

She wanted to grab him and hold him there until he missed his flight and saw sense, but she couldn't. Instead she gave a very slight nod of defeat and fought back her urges. This was his decision, she only hoped it would prove the best course of action in the future. She only hoped that he didn't live to regret it, or that they didn't regret letting him go.

"Just... Stay safe, and follow your heart, Brother."

With Éar still within his hand, yet Théo stating that he couldn't take it from her, Mysa simply shook her head and curled his fingers around the wooden figurine. She had her cloak as a personal reminder, she had the streets of Thainbroek and the halls of the Keep to remind her of their Grandpa. Where he was going, what did Théo have? And even if he did happen to possess something that Thrand had given him, one extra reminder wouldn't hurt.

"I want you to take him with you. Show him the stars, Théo... Do that, for me?"

She stepped in to kiss her brother's cheek, before leaning back to fuss his hair into place.

She would miss him in his absence.

He gaze was lowered as he watched Mysa fold his fingers over Éar in his hand still, he smiled, she is so stubborn. With the final call still ringing in his ears, he threw his arms around her neck and held on for a few moments more before he let go of her.

"Are you sure you want me to 'follow my heart'? you know how that gets me into trouble", then he regretting say it. "I will .. I prom .. I will try my best. You need to look after the family for me while I am away". He pulled away from her and gathered his bag from the floor and slung it over his shoulder.

"Bye Wriggles", he said as he walked toward the shuttle. It did not take long for the ship to lift off and enter the atmosphere of Voss...

The End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom