Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By Order of Fire (KoR - Apprentice Ranks Only)

Sin stood in front of the corridor that lead to the harsh environment of Hoth. He had recently given the Knights of Ren the location of the Academy of Bogan, a very well hidden academy that only few knew about. He believed that by doing this, he could help the First Order, and gain more trust within the ranks of Ren. He had only quickly studied up on the group, and found that they were a whole, and saw things nearly the same from each member to the next. They were die hard loyalist. The difference between these and the Sith were the concept that the Rens were not as individualistic as the Sith. That was something he did not understand, but what he did understand was that this meant they needed to be a team, to bond, and work well with one another. That was something Crucifere could help accomplish. Today, the apprentice ranked Knights would arrive, and Sin would show them the basics of lightsaber combat, and the use of the Force.

The question that remained unanswered, though, was would he show them as a Sith Lord would...or show them the Sin way of learning. There was a huge difference with similarities to boot in these concepts. He shook his head. The man found himself in his all white robes of phrik weave with his mask at his side. Two sabers clung to either side of his belt, waiting to be used once more. The Black Rose Order could use this place, as well as the Sith Assassins, but what made him wonder was how the First Order would use it now that the Black Rose and Sith Assassins seemed to have poofed away.

A single Blood Knight waited by his side, but it was not Frecker this time. Instead, Asira, second best only to Frecker, stood by his side. The female Vahla had her helmet on, unlike Frecker, she opted not to show her pretty face.

"My lord, why help the Knights of Ren when they are everything the Sins are against."

The Dark Lord turned his head slowly with it cocking to the side some.

"Asira, I understand I have just made you a member of the Blood Knight Order...but understand this...whatever you had read about the Sin Legacy...whatever Valtiel, and my father did...is not what I will do."

With the words ringing out, the Blood Knight bowed before her lord in apology.

"Forgive me, Lord Sin."

Not quite what I was expecting out of this journey. Being asked by my masters adversary to come and help him train some of the Knights of Ren on their home of the Blood Knights. In the past the two have worked together semi-well, but it was very rarely it did happen. I hoped to change that some way. Luckily not a lot of people knew I had been trained by the Infamous Fireshaper. That was good for me. Meaning people wouldn't expect some of my abilities. However, this was no real fight. This was training.

Various training sabers would be handed out, or if they already had one, they could use their own if they choose. I myself would use one, and would make sure to dial it down to be only as harmful as a hot stick. Part of me really wanted to teach these Knights of Ren how darwinism worked. Only those who showed strength in some form, be it through powers, physical strength, cunning or any advantage given to them by evolution, would be allowed to pass. While it was less about the individual than as a group, that too was a strength. Strength in numbers. A lone Nighthunter was semi-lethal, but a pack? It was considered suicide to fight them.

I was slightly warm with the cloak upon me. Hood covering my head and wearing my mask as always. Clenching my right hand tightly before letting go. Doing so a few times just because it felt... necessary. I walked up behind Romeo Sin, and his follower of Bogan. She bowed to him and asked for forgiveness from the man. As of the reason, I didn't know. I likely wouldn't care either. I needed to find some familiarity within the First Order as a whole, and the Knights of Ren. Maybe this was the ticket, with a little more to solidify my stance. Either way, I was hoping to get somewhere.

"Quite the place you have, Sin. Must be nice to have lapdogs."

These bloodknights were the man's personal guards, and apprentices. Sure, they were useful, and I might have even wanted someone to follow me, but why would they bow to him as a King? I don't remember him being one. Sure, bowing of the head was one thing. Giving dignity to someone else was completely different. Staring ahead as various apprentices and Knights walked towards us to learn about lightsabers, and force powers over all.

"Let's keep this professional."

It was time to work.

[member="Mael Ren"], [member="Thresh Sken"], [member="Darth Atrox"], [member="Wolf"], [member="Crucifere Sin"],

Darth Atrox

D
Karak arrived to the Dojo early, the Ren novice looking to train in the ways of his new Order. The Zabrak was certainly proficient in the ways of the Sith, there was no doubt about it, but he had quickly decided that the only way to survive and grow in this faction was by excelling in his skills. Dressed in a simple grey training tunic and supple black boots it was fair to say that Karak was not prepared for the subzero Hoth temperatures. However a wampa skin was thrown over his shoulder, the fur tinted black to reflect it's wearer's Dark Side intentions.

Atrox's lightsaber and shoto blade were attached to a belt around his waist, being the only accessories the Knight bore. The shoes he had selected made no echoing clap as his usual ones might of, allowing a silent approach to [member="Crucifere Sin"] and @Atheus.

"Gentlemen?"

[member="Mael Ren"] [member="Thresh Sken"] @Wolf

[member="Mael Ren"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Darth Atrox"] [member="Crucifere Sin"] [member="Atheus"]

My feet crunched on the cold snow as I walked, wrapped in warm cloaks to fend off the frigid temperatures. My short figure carried no weapon with me, for I had not yet achieved enough rank, prestige and power yet to warrant my getting a lightsaber. My shadowy figure concealed inside the cloak, I couldn't help but stealthily sneak up to the group, as per my usual way of introducing myself. Of course, we were all Force Users here, but that didn't mean they were searching the Force for me.

A Zabrak had gotten to the group before me, and was apparently making his introductions. I waited for him to walk away before introducing myself, so I would have everybody's attention.

"A real pleasure it is to be here" I said, with the barest note of dry humor present in my voice. It was rather cold and not the best place for training, I thought. But I wasn't running the show, so It really didn't matter what I thought. "I look forward to learning with and from you all."

Visser Chernykh

No one makes the hero bleed.
The Academy of Bogan, Hoth

Hoth was and ever would be foreign to natural life. The world was snow and it was ice. There might've been continents beneath the kilometers of ice but none had ever searched. There were certainly volcanoes spewing forth mineral deposits.

Beings didn't come here for those minerals. Not any being with sense. It would require too much effort for too little return. They came here to hide from whoever sought them.

Hundreds of years ago the old Rebel Alliance had done just that. Hiding from the Empire for a short time. The Emperor had found them all the same. Their base had been destroyed soon after.

The events of the rebellion had highlighted an otherwise nothing world.

He trod through the swirling snow and ice. Towards the Academy of Bogan so grandly named. He saw those gathered from beneath the cowl of a heavy robe. One had to be the master of the so-called Academy....

[member="Thresh Sken"] [member="Darth Atrox"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Crucifere Sin"]

[member="Crucifere Sin"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Darth Atrox"] | [member="Thresh Sken"] | [member="Mael Ren"]

Hoth was a cruel and unforgiving planet, and Wolf sucked in a cold breath as he made his way to the Academy of Bogan. He wore a thick black coat and gloves, his arms folded as he walked. His head was adorned with a woollen hat, to protect his head and ears from the harsh temperatures. His eyebrows and beard was speckled with spots of snow, his exposed skin dry and pale in the subzero conditions. He had seen no life since arriving at the planet, though luckily for him the Academy was only a short walk from where he had landed his antiquated rusty old TIE fighter.

They certainly have great taste putting an Academy on this wretched planet.

Wolf arrived to find a group with some familiar and not so familiar faces. He gave a nod of greeting to [member="Mael Ren"] and [member="Thresh Sken"], and then to the others. Wolf was carrying a vibrosword with him, but understood he was here for training in the arts of the lightsaber and the Force. Unhooking the vibrosword from his belt, he walked to the side and leaned it against the wall. Walking forwards, he picked up one of the training sabers that was on offer.

Wolf turned the saber hilt around in his hand, inspecting its various grooves and the button and dial that was on the side. He had never used a lightsaber before, and even a training saber gave him a pang of anticipation in his stomach. In his time in the Sith military, he remembered watching in awe as a Sith that was leading their company would gracefully move this way and that, deflecting blaster bolts with a mere swish of his lightsaber blade and a twirl of the hand. And now here Wolf was, holding the ancient weapon in his hands, even if it was not the real thing and simply a non-lethal variety. Wolf was tempted to press the button on the hilt and ignite the blade, but did not want to draw the attention of the group to him looking like a curious fool. Very soon training would begin and he would get his opportunity to try out the ancient weapon.

[member="Atheus"] walked behind him with words that seemed to be meant to get on Sin's nerves, but they did not. Instead, he shrugged, and look back at the masked man with his own words.

"You can insult me all you wish, but do not insult my warriors' honor. You speak on things you do not understand. I would not speak ill of your life, do not speak ill of theirs."

And that was how Crucifere opted was the professional way to handle the situation. Ever since the brotherhood broke up after he left, it seemed he had made enemies everywhere where allies once stood. Making a mental note on this, his attention came back to the Knights of Ren just arriving. The first being [member="Karak Ren"], followed by [member="Thresh Sken"], [member="Mael Ren"], [member="Wolf"], each who seemed more than capable in their own rights.

With a slight bow to the order before him, he opened his arms in a welcoming manner.

"I am happy you took the offer I extended you, Knights of Ren. I welcome you to the Academy of Bogan. This temple has resided here long before the First Order even became a large player in the galaxy, and I assure you it will be long after we are all gone, and but legends in stories. I offered to teach those who wish to understand the basics of lightsaber combat, and the ways of the Force. Each saber on the table before you has been tuned to keep from creating fatal injuries, with that said, being hit by one still hurts. My associate here, Atheus has also offered to help teach you. Each one of you are strong in the Force, and gifted in your own ways...but as a group you will become unstoppable."

Progflaw99

Cold. The bitterness of the planet's surface had cut right through his heavy robes down to the bone. He would not give the icy planet of Hoth the satisfaction of causing him discomfort however. Reaching deep inside himself he called up anger he had long since stored away. It was not fresh anger and as such did little for him, but it did mitigate some of the chill. Shifting beneath his robes, he had arrived late, coming up behind the group of assembled neophytes. He towered over them, his height peaking at a solid 7' 2''.

Phenex was a S'kytri, his blue flesh only one of the features that distinguished him from a Chiss. In fact, had it not been for his towering height, he may have been able to pass as one, minus the other trait that separated him from the 'other' blue meat. Beneath the dark folds of his robe, along his back, were wings. Wings not far off from an angel... but there were no angel's wings, for they were membranous, more akin to a demon's. Phenex's piercing blue eyes gazed upon the man who addressed them.

He nodded in respect as he arrived, silently owning the fact that his arrival had been delayed. He was a newer recruit to the Order of Ren, his own rank that of Neophyte. He had jumped at the opportunity to attend the Academy of Bogan. While he had received some training in the use of the Force, he was still but a learner. Combat on the other hand... he was more. During his stint in the personal guard of the Patriarch on Skye, he had learned the ins and outs of hand to hand combat, usually using a spear or lance which was better suited for their unique anatomy, the idea of using the training sabers intrigued him. Would the blades be too short for his exaggerated statuer? It was likely. It was a design flaw he'd have to rectify when he completed constructing his own saber. He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind. Now he would focus on the present.

As the man who was addressing them continued speaking, he began to eye the other neophytes, interested in what kind of people they were, and if they would be worthy competition if it were to be had. Phenex had come to the Order already willing to adapt to their philosophies, his time spent among them so far had only further cemented his fanaticism. He stood, waiting behind the others. Soon. Soon it would begin in earnest.

[member="Crucifere Sin"] | [member="Wolf"] | [member="Mael Ren"] | [member="Thresh Sken"] | [member="Karak Ren"] | [member="Atheus"]​

Darth Atrox

D
Karak removed his lightsabers smoothly from his belt and laid them out beside on of the training blades. He then pulled a saber toward him with the Force, igniting it before it met his hand. Show off.

Psshht. With the press of a button the crimson red blade had retreated back into the hilt. "How many Neophytes were you expecting, my lord? I am anxious to begin and avoid frostbite." the Zabrak asked, still toying with the training blade. Overall he had been impressed by the Dark Side aura that had come from the other Ren here, smirking to himself slightly. Karak wondered if he would get a chance to show his impressive Pyrokinesis skills, which he had already employed on a minimal scale to keep the cold at bay.

The wind had bitten at his skin like a thousand ants, crawling over his exposed flesh and biting it, over and over with mandibles like pins. Each gust driving the ants into a wilder frenzy of biting. The sub-zero climate proved tougher than he initially thought - and the soggy feet made from the melting snow around him was the prize he had to pay.

Karak was like a little Zabrak radiator, how cute.

[member="Phenex Ren"]

[member="Crucifere Sin"]

[member="Wolf"]

[member="Mael Ren"]

[member="Thresh Sken"]

[member="Atheus"]

Visser Chernykh

No one makes the hero bleed.
Training sabers. Jedi nonsense and mollycoddling.

Thing associated with the Jedi put his teeth on edge. He sneered as he remembered using such toys in his childhood. Better to use a wooden blade or dull alloy with pelko barbs. That was if you didn't want students to die.

They'd learn from painful bruising and even broken bones. Such pain was excellent motivation to improve or die. Weakness had no place in the First Order. Sieger Ren's most zealous followers needed to be deadly without fear of pain.

It hadn't occurred to him these traits were those of a sociopath. Traumas visited upon beings through the years bred ideal soldiers. It taught a being how to shut off emotionally. Without emotions there couldn't be a conscience and so....

[member="Karak Ren"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Thresh Sken"] [member="Phenex Ren"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Crucifere Sin"]

[member="Crucifere Sin"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Karak Ren"] | [member="Thresh Sken"] | [member="Mael Ren"] | [member="Phenex Ren"]

"...but as a group you will become unstoppable."

The words stayed with Wolf for a while. Indeed, that was what he also hoped would happen, that the Order would become unstoppable together. The Knights of Ren were seeing more and more ex-Sith join their ranks, indeed Wolf used to be a Sith Acolyte himself. But with the influx of Sith, also came the risks. How many of these newcomers really strove for the same things Wolf strove for? How many of these newcomers really were committed to the cause of the First Order, to establish with an iron fist, order and disciple across the galaxy, in service to the Supreme Leader? Or were they after their own glory and power? Wolf knew he should not be so quick to judge however, for he too was a Sith himself, and knew there were many like-minded Sith like him when he was part of the One Sith. Indeed he felt the First Order was very much in line with the true beliefs of the Sith, the same that were espoused by the great Emperor Palpatine.

Wolf was eager to begin training, and to learn the core Force abilities, and basics in lightsaber combat. In bursts of emotion he could use the Force to send an object flying, but he did not yet have the knack to slowly and carefully lift up an object, to have real control over it and demonstrate real use of telekinesis. It was these finer things he craved, not to mention those abilities he had not even come close to learning, such as the ability to quicken one's speed on the battlefield, and to leap great distances, and to sense the presence of life-forms and Force users around them. Perhaps he was a little optimistic to think he could learn all these things in one day, but he sure hoped it would at least develop his abilities and send him in the right direction.

[member="Crucifere Sin"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Mael Ren"] [member="Karak Ren"] [member="Phenex Ren"] [member="Atheus"]

Unstoppable. The words rang in my ears. If I was not ready to begin already, I was now. The ability to wield one of the deadliest weapons in the galaxy was an appealing thought. As well as enhance the... gift, I believe the being in front of me had said.

I walked towards the table where the training sabers were. Karak Ren had already proven himself to be quite adept at calling things to himself with the Force. But the Force was not a substitute for physical exertion. Nor was it an excuse for laziness, as my master had taught me. I looked at the various training sabers layed out on the table. None interested me, until my eyes rested upon a rather long looking saber resting horizontal on the table. My weapon of choice, a double-bladed lightsaber. Or training saber, in this case. I looked it over, marveling at what I held in my hand. I had had limited experience with sabers thus far in my training, be they real or training. I had used virbroswords as my main method of training, when it was allowed for.

I looked back up at the leader of the group, awaiting further instructions. He appeared to be spearheading the training and I was eager to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom