Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying in and Selling out

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

With war came profits. At least for those who were willing to get their hands dirty. And Larraq was most certainty one of those. Recent wars and expansions had given Larraq's investments the fuel they needed to grow. As had his companies recent developments and productions. He had been expanding Mandal Hypernautics in as many directions as he could and the profits were beginning to show. However, a wise businessman knew that profits were best spent in further invested in new avenues. Playing the wide game, so to speak.

It was with that goal in mind that Larraq browsed the stock market reading on his datapad. Somewhere within the numerous scrolling numbers he would find a diamond in the rough. There were millions of struggling companies that had great ideas and amazing potential. All they needed was the right funding, and their stocks would quadruple nearly overnight.

Quietly he sat in his office in Mandal Hypernautics headquarters on Mandalore and sipped his coffee as Talyn, his pet vornskr napped by his feet. As various numbers caught his attention he ran quick background searches on a number of companies. One of which, Auron Helix, caught his eye.

<I may just have use for you.> Larraq thought to himself before instructing his secretary to get in contact with the CEO of the company.

@[member="Captain Larraq"]

It just so happened that Alen Na'Varro was looking to sell. His position of CEO and owner of Auron Helix had become untenable, and as a part-time businessman he was looking to move into other areas. Areas more suited to his line of work. AH would get him a tidy profit from which he could start his true plans that would alter the future of the galaxy. Or something like that. The bearded Dark Jedi happened to be in office at the time of the call, which was as unlikely as it was beneficial. His secretary beamed a call up to him, and Alen sighed and took it.

"This is Na'Varro, what can I do for you?"

"@[member="Alen Na'Varro"], so good of you to take my call." Larraq said politely as Talyn looked up at the new voice in the room. "I'll do us both a favor and skip to the point. I've been researching new investments lately and wanted some further details on what Auron Helix has to offer." Larraq said honestly as his datapad was updated with information gained by a few employees slicing through the HoloNet for information on the company.

In truth, Rygel Larraq already knew exactly what he wanted for the company. He simply needed to know if it was up to the task.

"@[member="Captain Larraq"], good to hear from you. I've heard of you." Mandal Hypernautics was doing good business, and Alen had noticed. "Auron Helix is a very well-organised set-up, unfortunately, I've got a lot of other things on my plate. So if you want a biotech firm, AH is a good bet. What do you need to know?"

Alen waved for his secretary to pull up all of the documents that he might need. There was a lot of data-work when it came to companies like this, thankfully he didn't have to wade through this stuff himself. Best to sell up quickly and fairly. He just hoped that Larraq's first offer would be a fair and honest one.

Rygel Larraq arched an eyebrow at @[member="Alen Na'Varro"]'s suggestion that he was out to buy up his company. While it may be true, he was surprised to find the owner of a company so accepting of the idea of shedding himself of his property. Typically, such a thing only happened under one of two conditions. Either the company was failing beyond recovery, or the man he was speaking to had far grander ideas in mind than his current property allowed.

"I need to know about your research facilities. I need to know what your people are capable of and I need to know what sort of projects they have had success with." Larraq said bluntly. If this man was willing to sell his company away, Larraq needed to know the capabilities and limitations of it. And he needed to know long before he committed himself to it.

"The research facilities are on the ice world of Hoth. It's in Protectorate space but unoccupied, so it gives us some wriggle room. Several hundred square metres of laboratory space in an underground bunker with several biotech experts at the top of their field supervising. Facilities, equipment? The best that money can buy." Alen sighed. He hated giving this firm up, but he had bigger fish to fry. "AH's biggest work so far has been on plagues in Outer Rim worlds. Mainly, we made use of genetic enhancements carried through gasses to bolster the immune systems of entire worlds. We don't have the ability to disperse such gasses ourselves, but we can develop the necessary enhancements and let governments handle distribution. Right now, we're looking to move into making drastic genetic enhancements to individuals. We believe we can unlock Force potential while bolstering both immune systems and physical assets. The progeny of these individuals could be called genetically superior. Unfortunately, we are only in the research stage as yet."

Larraq leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment. He wasn't particularly fond of force users, but he knew a great many people who were. And while Hoth may be on the other end of the galaxy, it did provide Mandal Hypernautics with a fair bit of distance, should the company come under scrutiny for one reason or another. He would need to bring in more people. New blood to breath new life into the company. He'd also need to create a second lab a little closer to Mandalorian space. But plagues, genetic engineering, and gas based distribution systems were well within the scope of what Larraq had in mind.

"I believe that your company is capable of handing the research projects I have in mind." Larraq said finally as he reviewed the documents on his datapad. It was looking like @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] was telling the truth about the capabilities of his company and the resources they had at their disposal. "And with a little funding from Mandal Hypernautics, I feel that the current projects of Auron Helix can be brought to completion and put to market."

"Alright then, in the interest of direct and honest business.." Alen sat back in his chair as well, spinning from side-to-side. "If you make an offer I feel is fair, I can have the necessary data-work completed and sent over within the hour, and have a solicitor on stand-by to process everything."

This is how Alen did things. Direct and to the point. He wasn't the kind of man to spend his time faffing around, when really, he had other things he needed to be doing. Namely, a costly refit that would give him no monetary profit. But that wasn't the only kind of profit out there.

Larraq glanced up at the man in the holoprojector and was stunned for a moment. He was so accustomed to sharks and lawyers that the open honesty of @[member="Alen Na'Varro"] took him aback. "Let me run the numbers." Larraq said before crunching away at the liquid assets of Auron Helix. Property value, hardware, software, intellectual properties, experienced staff, and existing infrastructure all had a value. Then there would be the cost of running the facility itself and funding the first few batches of research until the company produced marketable research... And the location was a bit of a problem... Or could be. Running supplies to and from the facility would be a hassle from Mandalorian space. So would simply securing the facility with Hyperion Security forces. Larraq would be forced to either relocate the entire facility to some place closer, or begin outsourcing resources to keep the facility stocked and secure. Neither were idea options for Larraq, but he had to admit the benefits of the latter. Keeping the research facility so far removed from his usual hunting ground would help distance Mandal Hypernautics from any potential backlash due to a failed product or questionable research.

Were it anyone else, he would have taken the final number he came up with cut a sizable percentage off of it. But as it was, Larraq was impressed with the man's honesty and could afford to help him get started on his next business venture. "200 million credits." Larraq said finally after rounding up the results of his calulations.

"Good man. That's an honest and fair offer if I ever saw one." Alen smiled now, his mood bolstered by some actual, honest business for once. @[member="Captain Larraq"] had earned himself a gold star on Na'Varro's list of good people in the universe. If he ever found himself in need of someone to share in a good ol' fashioned partnership where there was mutual gain for both parties, Larraq would be getting the call. Perhaps Invictus and Mandal Hypernautics could share the spoils of profit one day. Alen certainly hoped so. He liked honest people, and genuinely wished the best for them. Too bad they were so few and far between in this universe.

"Alright, Captain, it's a deal. I'm transmitting everything as we finish the data-work. Thanks for your business, Larraq. Glad to make your acquaintance, and I hope to again some time. Na'Varro out."

Alen cut the transmission and sat back in his seat. Now it was time for him to well and truly get the ball rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom