Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burning Rubber And Hot Bodies

Recently I'd won a sizeable amount of credits and opened the Nightowl speed club following that. However I needed drivers, preferably ones with experience. As it was I'd sent out a message over the darknet asking for racers to show at a specific set of coordinates in the lower city. Specifically the entrance to the zips I'd had Xander take over the controls so he'd be randomly changing things around as he saw fit. As it was now I was waiting for the others to show up, I welcomed a challenge though. The instructions had been to show up with a groundcar for an assessment. Speeders and swoops were well and fine but there was something to evaluating someone who had wheels on the ground...

Hopefully we had some talented people show up....I needed people to drive other than myself and I needed talented individuals with experience in other areas as well....I needed a proper crew, frequently whole areas were won or lost in races and I wanted a crew that could utterly dominate on the track. Now to wait for the others to show up, pulling up my mask I sat against the hood of my car and waited....

[member="Trelock Relon"] ~ [member="Jay Ryko"] ~[member="Tan'yill"] ~ [member="Gray Venasir"]

With a rumbling coming from the distance Ryko arrived in his custom ride. He skittered to a stop a few feet from @Al-Saher. As the doors popped open the outlaw fell out of the car all the way onto the ground. Exactly two bottles of alcohol fell with him from thee car.

"Whoo! That Jetfuel really gets you flying! Jakobi told me it's an old soldier's drink he wasn't kidding. Hi I'm Ryko, you can call me Rocket, Mutt works too though."

He stuck his hand out for the mysterious masked man to shake.

She didn't have the time to grab him before he fell out of the adaptable airspeeder, making an ''astonishing'' enterance. It was a miracle that he could drive. It was almost as seeing a sea creature graciously swim in the ocean, and the second later ending up on dry land. A deep sigh left her. Not of embarassment though. Well, maybe for his sake but she had been through worse to care about what a some coruscanti stranger thought. Besides, she knew he could drive better than most people so they would eat that up sooner or later.

It was a funny coincidence to meet up with Jay again a while ago. They had first got in touch in her later years living on Corellia, he being just a boy then but had showed a talent in driving. Now, when 'The Ryvius' was in dock to undergo some major upgrades, she had accepted his request to be his partner and mechanic at this meeting.

The passenger door opened upwards and she stepped out. Wearing the attire she used the most, with her traditional headpiece, an open rugged brown smugglers jacket along with fitted black work pants and high dark brown leather boots. You could never be too safe in the lower levels, so that had made her bring along her trusted KYD-21 blaster in it's holster, a vibro blade tucked inside one of her boots and sporting a pair of combat gloves. Another reason for that was that she had never seen Jay fight so she didn't know what he were good for. Stretching for a second before joining them by Jay's side.

''Right now, I think Mutt fits the most... I'm Tan.'' she introduced herself shortly and followed Jay's example offering a handshake to the stranger.

[member="Jay Ryko"] [member="Al-Saher"]

Turning to look at the new comers I shook their hands and said "Pleasure to meet y'all. As for me....Al-Saher is the name. In regards to why you're here think of it as a recruitment drive. There should be two more joining us so we'll wait a bit but the deal is as follows. We'll be racing the zips, constantly changing track controlled by a racemaster I hired at random. We race each other and I'll be looking for flair. Racing is just driving with finesse and style the way I look at it and I need people that can impress me so once the last two shows up we'll get started..."

[member="Tan'yill"] ~ [member="Jay Ryko"] ~[member="Trelock Relon"] ~[member="Gray Venasir"]

It didn't take long brfore Gray arrived. He stopped right by the others, and jumped out of his AV-21, and moved his broad-brimmed hat away from his eyes. Then he looked at [member="Al-Saher"], "Guessing you were the one looking for racers? Name's Gray." He extended a hand to shake.

Now, turning his attention to the other two present, he looked them over, then glanced at their ride. "And you must be the competition. Pleasure", he offered a handshake to them too. They didn't seem out of the ordinary for racers, nothing to get frigtened over. But then again, Gray had learned to not underestimate anyone unnecessary.

He then proceeded to walk back to his landspeeder, leaning against it. "Care to fill me in on the details? Or are we waiting for anyone else?"

Gray introduced himself and I shook his hand. "Aye, I'm the one looking for wheelmen and women..." I flicked my eyes over to the Twi'lek who'd introduced herself as Tan. "So here's the deal I paid someone to run the zips for us. I'm a current record holder here the course shifts and re-aligns itself in different configurations. So do well, y'all get to see my face that's the first bit. Second bit is you'll have earned a job opportunity with me to work in my club either as a driver or mechanic. Goal is simple, impress me with your driving. Rules? No deathrace osik, talent recognizes talent. We'll be starting momentarily so get to vehicles the race director will start a countdown then we'll be off. There'll be an open comm line in case anyone wants to chat with each other while racing see y'all on the track..." Tossing my left hand up over my shoulder in a peace sign I headed towards my custom speeder I had high hopes for this lot....

fa3e9669b669c848c45ba3267cb893ef.jpg
[member="Gray Venasir"] ~ [member="Tan'yill"] ~ [member="Jay Ryko"]

She took the mans, who had introduced himself av Gray, hand and shook it short and firm. ''Tan. Well, I'm the mechanic. He'll be your competiton.'' she said and nodded at Jay who hopefully got himself together very soon.

When Al-Saher laid out the rules and mentioned her, as seemingly the only woman around, she just met his sight head on. Unsure of if and what he meant by that. It was for sure an interesting gathering of characters and a more interesting event, but something were missing. A race without prize?

''And what's in it for the winner, race-man?'' she turned her head and called back at him.

[member="Al-Saher"] [member="Jay Ryko"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

“Yea I don’t usually drive for free. I could use some encouragement I think.”, Ryko said with a drunken smirk. He looked at Tan and back at [member="Al-Saher"] smile bigger this time. He hopped into the driver seat of his experimental speeder and hit the dash until his comm systems came back on. The wires on it exposed from Jay rigging it to blast music over the comms.

[member="Tan'yill"]@Gray Venasir

''Jay! What the heck?! Your encouragement would be getting us safe and sound across the finish line!'' she said and she reached for the young driver as he buckled into the speeder. ''I don't doubt your skills, you know! But, get a grip now and get us through... Please!'' she said as he held him by the collar and searched for his gaze with her own hazel-yellowish one. A few seconds too much went by and she pushed him back into his seat, leant back in hers and folded her arms across the chest, trying not to give the wrong impression. It was a welcome reunion between them and he had grown into a pretty good looking guy, according to her, but indeed he was young and reckless which was something she were done with.

[member="Jay Ryko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom