Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Burning Rocket Fuel

"Thrown out by Mai is a little strong," Asmus replied. "I think somewhere between unnerved by Mai and a little chased off by Mai."

Asmus didn't sound filled with regret. Back then he had never been interested in a long engagement. He felt a little touch of shame, but mostly just discomfort knowing Kairon would poke him about this for the next few days.

They had suffered enough during his time on the ship, he supposed. None more than Mai with her exceptional hearing. Durvin had been a loud one and quite bossy.

"Probably easier for Kairon to send a first message about the sale and I can try and talk to him if that doesn't go ahead. We didn't exactly keep in..."

It occurred to Asmus that he hadn't told Kaile about Durvin at all. The man hadn't really made a huge impression on his life.

One eyebrow rose in accusation.

Kaile caught Asmus Janes Asmus Janes 's arched brow, and she immediately said, "What?" There was no shame in the widening of those chocolate brown eyes as she gave a shrug and a half-melancholy smile, "I wanted to know how you were doin'."

"Do I even want to ask?" Kairon wondered, only to be distracted by Bix who demanded that he pour her Power Death Droid tea.

Kaile cracked her knuckles and leaned back, "Aye, let's have him reach out and if needed, you can try to flirt your way back into Durvin's good graces to at least buy them at cost."

Flirting was fine. Anything more was not. She'd make Asmus pay for that.

Leaning forward she gave a few taps of her fingers on the datatablet then gave a grin, "Got a holonumber. Kairon, you ready to try and make a deal?"

Asmus offered a subtle nod of his head. He understood. It didn't sit well to picture Kaile in her loneliest years watching him from a distance. They were together now. No more secrets.

"Not sure I remember how to flirt that well," Asmus laughed.

He also knew where the line was. They'd both been through a lot of life. Not something they exactly lifted the lid on, unless it was talking fantasy times or Asmus trying to figure out the geometry of a wookie.

"Think he'll believe you if we say they're surplus?" Kairon asked. "A person might think they're fake, but I checked they wouldn't hurt no-one."

"I'm not... I'm not sure he'd take my word, but we'll see," Asmus said.

"Oh you know how to flirt plenty," Kaile shot back to Asmus Janes Asmus Janes , flashing him a knowing grin and chuckling. Granted, Asmus' flirting had a tendency to be silly, but oh, when he put his mind to it, he could lay it on thick.

"Alright Kairon, we'll prep you on what to say, reckon you can let 'im know what you have and what your willin' to take it for. Start out a little high, 'cause odds are he'll want to haggle you down. That way ya'll meet where we need to get you at and get this done."

A pause, then a knowing look, "Don't try and get all huffy here. We're runnin' against the clock and need to get these offloaded fast. Asmus can come in and bat his pretty pretty eyes if you need back up."

She got up and walked over towards Asmus, handing him the comm number. "I'll keep Bix busy. Hopefully Mai won't come in between this and that and get things messy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom