Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burning bridges

As the Dominion crumbled around him Bartic did what he did best he would take what resources he could and burn anything too valuable to let fall into anyone else's hands, just as he was purging his ship, an Endurance-class Fleet Carrier known as 'The Interrogator,' perhaps the last message the ship's computer would ever see popped up. It was short and simple, a request for a meeting with one [member="Darth Metus"] in his office in the Independence Centre of Golbah City on Geonosis.

8 DAYS LATER
Bartic stepped down the ramp of his current ship, a c70 refit of a Consular-class cruiser, a near ancient design with an equal refit. As he rode the elevator to the floor and knocked it finnaly occurred to him how little he knew of his situation, the CIS was a compete unknown to him, as well as this Darth Metus.

GEONOSIS
Independence Centre

With the collapse of the Dominion came an opportunity.

The Sith Empire were as vicious wolves, circling a wounded beast. With wild and ravenous bites did they chew the nation into nonexistence. Yet, they did not strip the body down to bone. There were remains. Survivors. Those displaced by the wrath of the Sith and the apathy of the Silver Jedi. In this turbulent era, the Sith Lord had a choice: to turn his back upon them...or to open his arms.

Darth Metus chose the latter.

Whether it be by the HoloNet or airwaves, the message of the Confederacy was clear. Shelter lies in the South. In response to this message of salvation, the Vicelord was greeted with a number of personal meetings. Some were with his fellow ilk. Others were with powerful individuals...people like [member="Bartic Myth'rand"]. Today, the CEO of Corellian Engineering now entered the office of the Vicelord...only to find Darth Metus standing behind his desk with hands folded behind his back.

"Welcome to Golbah City, Mr. Myth'rand. I hope your travels were well. Please, have a seat."

Coupled with these words was a gesture at the leather chair before him.

Bartic took the offed seat and got comfortable.

"My travels were about as well as one would expect while escaping a collapsing state. Now I'm sorry, Darth Metus, but after spending so much time with my nose in the galaxy's gutter, as well the the dominion crumbling around me, I've yet to learn much about you, or the Confederacy for that matter."

[member="Darth Metus"]

"Put simply, we are a Haven."

The Sith began, his tone even.

"As you may be aware, the Confederacy has opened its doors for those reeling from the fall of the Dominion. You, and your holdings, are safe within our borders; of that you have my solemn guarantee."

"As far as what the Confederacy is...We are Free. A nation founded on the spirit of Independence and Sovereignty. A place where one can live and work, free of the threat of consumption by greater powers. The Confederacy is a natural response to the current status of the Galaxy."

"And as for myself, I am its guiding hand. I grew up within the first, modern Confederacy. Spent my best years championing its cause and fighting its battles. The man I am today is because of that nation...so now, I aim to restore these worlds to their former glory."

Darth Metus chose to keep his introduction simple.

[member="Bartic Myth'rand"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom