Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Bulk anti-matter Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Space_Freighter_textured_by_Shadow_ms.jpg

Image Credit: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/316/a/2/Space_Freighter_textured_by_Shadow_ms.jpg
Intent: To create a super freight for krayt industries to deliver anti matter.
Development Thread: Na, but reason for design is mentioned in this thread
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: KI-BF-MkI Pig Iron
Affiliation: Krayt Industries
Modularity: None
Production: Limited (12 in total)
Material: Duara steel,No view ports
Description: Krayt Industries got an order for a lot anti matter, problem was they could not pick it up. Leaving them no choice but to build a ships that could deliver.

This a large bulk freighter, but due it`s cargo. It need to be bigger than a normal freighter, as it need to hold stasis fields to store the anti matter in. It basically need to be built like war ship, as if any thing went wrong with the shipment, heads and pikes could be mentioned. For this reason view ports, where considered unnecessary, Though the pilot did have view screen. The reason for this they need to keep weak points, down to a minimum. Also since most of the energy used for shielding, internal and external to prevent breaches. They only had point defense weaponry, though to compensate this they did have a blade fighters. This was a back up as they could be launched independently, and they could escape if need as they have their own hyper drive unlike the dart.

Note: security is only lightly armed due to cargo
Note 2: This ship can not be used as a fire ship. As it`s to easy to spot, and it not fast enough to bridge the gap between fleets. Well not with out being destroyed. If it`s in rp, the job will be to defend it.

Classification: support Frigate
Role: Bulk freighter
Height: 300m
Width: 200m
Length: 400m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: anti-matter reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1
Minimum Crew: 100 persona;
Optimal Crew: 300 personal
Armaments:
  • 3x dual laser cannons
  • 3x dual flak cannons
Hangar:
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
  • Advanced Internal Shields due to cargo
Passenger Capacity: 0 this is not a place for tourist
Cargo Capacity: 10,000 tons
Consumables: 2 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 6 slower due to cargo

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="sabrina"]
I'm asking this mainly because, having run terrorists on SW sites in the past, this ship and its cargo have a good deal of possibility of being used as something called a Fire Ship (A ship designed to run into or near enemy ships and damage or destroy them with explosives, originally used in the Age of Sail as flaming ships to catch other wooden ships on fire). What failsafes are on board to prevent accidental and/or deliberate detonations. I spotted the internal deflector shields, but are there any emergency vents, shut down protocols, etc.?

sabrina

[member="Popo"]
to be honest I can`t see the ship being used in fleet action, as it is slow. Easy to spot, and then is more likely exploded in my formation, than anyone else formation. Though I can see them being attacked after the next invasion, as part of any total war scenario by the republic.
Though on that note, please don`t destroy them planet side, darth banshee would not forgive herself. Also any extra safety features, you can recommend I will happily add :D

Edit also added a note 2, to stop that from happening with this ship. Though you have given me anidea for future ship :D

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="sabrina"]
After thinking about it a bit and after reading your commentary about how they're pretty much not going to be found in a fleeting engagement, as well as the edits you've tossed in, the current safety features you have on board should be sufficient. That said, if these ships are abused, they'll be pulled out for review.

Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom