Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building Our Solace

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"] -- Jungles of New Plympto

Through the generosity of a private donor, Delila had came into possession of one Nebulon-B Frigate. Massive, old and in need of repairs. Yet it was free. Towing it to the remote Protectorate planet of New Plympto had been a challenge but the vessel was now nestled between towering trees and thick vines. Again, not an ideal location. When an organization was working with little money, resources and didn't want their location to be revealed these were the steps one had to take.

Plans to turn the Nebulon-B Frigate into a hospital ship were well underway. A hodge-podge mix of Rebels had been working on converting the ship over physically and restoring the old gal to her former glory. Or trying to. Folks who had never picked up a wrench were working on the vessel. Yet she wasn't going to turn down any help or assistance. Couldn't be choosy at this point in the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

So, here she was, hiking through the thick jungle to the site with Anemone Nivalis. Dells needed her medical-minded brain on where to exactly put things for ease of use. The only problem? She hadn't exactly told her sort-of adopted baby sister why they were hiking through the jungle. Or about the Alliance.

"Aren't going to die on me before we get there, are you Nivalis?"

Anemone Nivalis

M.D., Expert Trauma Surgeon
Oh boy...here we go again. Another situation that Anemone had found herself in that didn't have anything to do with her job. It was a wonder how she was making it through her residency. One minute she might scrubbing in. The next she was on a ship to who knows where to do who knows what. It was like the madness never ended. And this was no different. Somehow she'd been roped into helping a friend with a task, though it was very hush hush. It wasn't like she would've agreed to it no matter what, but there was one person she couldn't turn down. And the one who asked for her help just happened to be that person.

So, now, here she was. Trekking through the jungle of some remote planet, heading towards god knows what. It wasn't the first time she'd done such a thing.....just the first time in years that she'd had to. A small sigh escaped from her lips as she heard the quip from her sister ahead. That alone made her narrow her eyes at the woman as they moved along. "If I do, it's your fault. And I will haunt you forever. Speaking of which, where are we? And what are even doing? There's nothing here. You know, I'm starting to think you just miss having me around."

@[member="Delila Castillon"]

@[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

"What are we doing? Getting exercise. I think you've been getting a little too much of the horizontal variety lately."

Smirking, Dells couldn't resist going there. She nudged Nivalis in the shoulder,clearly trying hard not to laugh. What type of older sister figure would she be if there was no joking about the others love life? Besides the pair was nearly to the site. She could hear the various sounds of the repair work going on. Still amused by her own quip, Delila pushed through the jungle vines and was greeted by a blaster rifle to the face. How could she have forgotten the security measures?

"At ease soldier. Just bringing another freedom fighter in for some consultation"

Once the blaster was lowered and the pair was allowed by, the Nebulon-B Frigate immediately filled their view. Scaffolding littered various parts of the ship while beings of all shapes and sizes were hard at work. Turning to Anemone, Dells gave a small smile.

"The real reason you're here. I'm turning this into a hospital ship and I need your brain."

Anemone Nivalis

The horizontal....variety. Oh, how Anemone simply wanted to watch something bad happen to her solder sister at this point. Ever since Delila had ran into Anemone and Siobhan at Cardea, the jokes hadn't stopped. As a matter of fact, they'd gotten worse. But what could she really do? Fight her? At this stage, Anemone was likely to lose to a wet paper bag if she wasn't careful. A simple sigh escaped her lips as the two continued to press forward through the brush. Though they're path came to a complete halt suddenly. She blinked a few times before peeking around her sister to see what was up ahead, though she didn't expect what she'd seen.

There was a solider. With a blaster rifle to Dell's face. Though the situation seemed to resolve itself, she still couldn't help but wonder what that had been about? What was so deep in this jungle? And why all the secrecy? It made no sense at the moment. Nonetheless, the two made their way past the solider, though Anemone had a hard time taking her eyes off him after that altercation. But the words hospital and brain caught her attention. "What are you talking abo....." Her voice halted mid sentence as the vessel before her came into view. It was enormous. And it was to become a hospital. "This.....is gonna be hospital? ...Cool." Her lips curved into a large grin before looking towards Dells and back to the ship being repaired.

"Just watch your head. Safety ain't exactly first."

It was more to say they didn't have to resources to be safety minded at all times. The scaffolding was foraged straight from the jungle and lashed together. Nodding the in the direction of the massive ship, Dells took off towards the open ramp. They had a lot of work to get through. Avoiding sparks being rained down from above, Delila started to fill Anemone in on some of the blanks.

"Donated via a private donor. Wait til you see the inside. Its a wreck. We've got crews completely gutting it....Which is where I need you. What does a hospital need? How do things get set up for maximum efficiency?"

"Also, I need you to own this ship. In an assumed name of course..."

Anemone Nivalis

Safety isn't first. Somehow, she simply wasn't surprised that Dells said that. Anemone simply shook her head as she followed behind her more well known sister.As they headed up the ramp toward the ship, she couldn't help glance around. In actuality, she was just waiting for one of these makeshift scaffolding to give way. A vine was sure to break, and someone was sure to go tumbling down. But even as she stepped onto the ship, even as she side stepped the falling sparks, they seemed relativity....safe.

As she glanced about at the wreckage being turned into a beauty, she couldn't help but catch the words coming from Delila's lips. And most of it only posed further questions. "Hold on, sis. Something here isn't adding up. A random ship this size? A 'private donor'? All these people but no one noticed them? And you want this ship in my name? Dells. There isn't one part of that that doesn't sound sketchy. Hell, even the fact that you want this thing to be a hospital with a hyperdrive doesn't add up. So, tell me. What is all this?"

Sticking close to one wall, trying to stay out of the way as heaps of rusted scrap were pushed out of the ship. In true non-wasteful fashion, all scrap was being sold off in order to help fun the medical supplies. It wasn't as if the Alliance was working with an unlimited supply of money.Of course Nivalis would have to question every single thing. Delila was surprised she wasn't questioning the entire 'safety isn't first' motto she had thrown out.

"Hospital with a hyperdrive makes perfect sense. Go to where the carnage is, I say." Nudging Anemone again, Dells continued. "If you have noticed my Protectorate title is no longer Major but Officer Liaison. This group will continue to be blissfully unnoticed by the Protectorate while renovations are being completed. This is far from random. The Nebulon-B Frigate has been donated to assist the freedom-fighting cause of a group I have joined."

"Some consider us terrorists. I find that word harsh. I prefer...liberator."

Anemone Nivalis

To where the carnage is? Really? Somethings just never changed. And Dells was one of those things. The slight nudge simply made her sigh once more as clung to the wall, following behind her crazed pseudo-sister. Obviously, the answers Anemone was being given were as vague as can be. That alone made her even more suspicious. Not to mention that the herds of people carries massive amounts of twisted and mangled steel outside was simply unusual. Somehow, nothing about the situation seemed right. It was all just....odd. And it didn't help that Dells only mentioned all these people as 'the group'. Something was definitely up.

"Your still not telling me anything. You drag me out here, pull me through some jungle, and then ask to borrow my brain to rebuild some piece of junk ship. Now you wan to throw in going unnoticed and 'freedom fighting'. Whatever that means. And in case you didn't realize it, you did just practically admit that your doing something wrong." She reached out, grabbing at Dells' arm to try and stop her from continuing forward. It felt like she was just being pulled along with no reasoning. She wanted, no, needed her sister's attention. Even if it was just for a moment. "Delila, be straight with me. Because none of this seems to be on the up-and-up. And I'm sure that none of this is on paper. So tell me what the hell is going on. What have you gotten into now? I mean, your the one who taught me how to notice when things just didn't seem right. Well, none of this seems legit in the least. So explain, or I'm not taking another step."

Yeah, Anemone could be bold when it was needed. Though this probably didn't count considering that Dells and herself were so close, but she needed some answers.

"Junk ship? Junk?! Hardly."

Getting held up by Anemone, the woman had far too many questions. Perhaps Delila had taught her far too well. It had seemed to be paying off though. When she had first met Nivalis there was a strong feeling that the woman would die in battle.Yet here she was, still going strong and giving Dells a run for her money! Moving out of the way of yet another cart of scrap metal bound to be sold to the nearest yard, she pulled Anemone into a much quieter section of the vessel.

"This ship is under construction for the Rebel Alliance, a group dedicated to the vision of the original Rebels, which is stopping tyranny and injustice in the universe. We are relatively safe here in certain friendly and neutral zones. I do really need your brain to make this ship work. Lives are depending on it. Although don't worry about putting this beautiful beast in your name, I think I will keep it in mine. Hospital plus command...."

"I am not asking you to join us. I am merely coming to you for help."

Anemone Nivalis

Yanked aside she was, as yet another pile of junk was being ushered towards the ship's exit. Anemone had no idea what she was about to hear which made her heart skip a few beats. Not to mention, she felt a little bad. She could stand up for herself but talking to people lie that just wasn't her. Part of her wanted to apologize, but before she could, Delilaa began to explain. About the group. The ship. The secrecy. Everything. Finally, things were beginning to click. It all made sense. Her sister had gone rouge. Again. Without telling her. Again.

A small sigh escaped her lips before she reared back and hit Dells's arm as hard as she could, though open handed. "You idiot! Why didn't tell me?! Did you think I was going to run and snitch to someone? Or maybe I was going to march back to Coruscant and demand they assist you. No! I got it! You thought I was going to jump for glee and beg to come with you like I did last time, right?" Anemone marched about her sister in circles, flailing her arms about as she raged as best she could. Which was probably more funny than scary considering it was her. Finally, her feet stopped as stood in front of Delila once more, a slight sigh escaping her. "News flash! If you would've just asked I would've said yes. It's not like I've ever said no to you. Barring that time where you tried to get me to dance on the bar with that incredibly cute Twi'lek, but we're not going there right now." Her lips curved into a warm smile as she threw her arms around the woman, chuckling a bit. "Of course I'll help you, stupid."

"No. In fact I prefer if you don't come at all. Merely borrowing your brain once, Anemone. Can't be following me half-way across the galaxy constantly. Do you want to be labeled a terrorist?"

Granted much of the 'terrorist' label came from their enemies. Still, there were many political groups who would come out to condone their actions. It was all one large show. Delila knew the game, she just didn't like to play it. Although despite her words, Nivalis was already dead-set on helping her. Abuse apparently was on the list as well, if the smack on the arm could be judged. Taken aback by the hug, Dells merely patted the other womans back as if she was calming a crazy person. In essence she was. With a step back, it was time for business.

"Twi'lek...lekku....I was only looking out for your best interests. Anyways, you are here now. Helping. Using that brain of yours. So lets forget who didnt ask who and figure out where hospital beds and crash carts should go, how far away should the crew quarters be away from emergency services. You know, real issues"

Giving Nivalis another pat on the back, the pair started deeper into the transforming Nebulon B Frigate.

Anemone Nivalis

Ah, how blissfully ignorant this one could be. Not even the part about being labeled a terrorist. Nope. Instead, she simply clung onto the hug until she could feel Dells pulling away. She released the hug, clasping her hands behind her back as she continued to smile. Even if it wasn't wanted, Anemone would likely follow follow the woman to ends of the galaxy and back. Okay, maybe not that far. But she would undoubtedly do anything she possibly could to lend a hand when it was needed. Or when she simply wanted to shove her nose into someone's business. As if she didn't have her own problems. Following the second pat on the back, she headed deeper into the massive vessel. This time, with a head that wasn't full of questions.

"Alright then. Where do we start? I mean, I'd need to at least know the potential layout for the ship. Not only that, but We'd have to figure out how much cash you have to work on, and what type of equipment we can get with...'donations', I guess we can call them. There's a lot of factors in a project of such massive proportions. It's a huge undertaking. But it's not impossible. With he right connections, of course."

Moving into a small 'war room' of sorts, blueprints hung on the wall. They were original to the Nebulon-B Frigate. Each 'floor' of the ship was represented in lines and numbers. With everything gutted beyond the main supports and walls it was literally an open space ready to be molded into something greater. Anemone was speaking of connections and donations, something they were currently short on. Real short.

"Here's the basic layout, what it looks like now. Just bones. As for as equipment, we will undoubtedly be working with equipment dating back a decade or more. Its cheaper and the budget is limited. Credits will be made off our scrap and that will help us push through in getting the most vital components to us. There is a high possibility some portions may just be cleaned up, re-skinned and painted then made to sit until we get the resources."

Anemone Nivalis

Following the Rebel leader, Anemone strolled into the make shift planning room. She moved about, looking at the blueprints that hung from the walls as Dells told her of the current plan. They big plans. Obviously, this wasn't a plan that had come up overnight. No. This had been planned for some time. Quickly, it became obvious that this would become a near sleepless project for her. Even acquiring equipment from a decade ago would be a difficult task. She was going to have to develope some connections herself if she was to be of any help. There was a lot of planning to do, and what she assumed was little time.

"First thing we're probably going to have to do is get this thing somewhere else. Getting the the needed machines all the way out here, onto the ship, hooked up, and maintained is....I'd say impossible. If we can't do that, it would probably be better to start off using this as a stationary medical center. We could start with simplistic, field medicine. And as we get the needed stuff, we can expand operations. Build a trauma level, a surgical wing, and everything else. What do you think/."

For someone who had been so skeptical, Anemone had already begun to immerse herself in the project.

Flipping through the flimsy charts and notes attached to the wall, Delila looked at their mechanical time line. Nothing too shabby, a week. If they focused their efforts on getting the vessel space worthy instead of a total approach the time could be cut down significantly.

"We can start simple but we cannot be stationary. Estimated completion on hyperdrive and engines will be a week, less if we redirect some resources. What do you think? Feel free to go back to Fondor if you care to wait, we could always meet you there."

Anemone Nivalis

Anemone turned about too look over at Dells as she sifted through notes and blueprints hanging from the walls. She simply couldn't help but smile. It had been so very long since she had seen the new Rebel leader so involved with...anything. It was how she was when they had first met, but that enthusiasm had slowly disappeared over time. To see it make such a resurgence gave the young doctor a warm feeling. It was almost as if seeing that let her know that Delila was just fine. Even when the two weren't around one another.

"Are you crazy? A week isn't that long. I can stay. As a matter of fact, I'll be more than happy to stay around. Who knows? Maybe I can learn some things about ships. Or at the least I can try and finalize some of these plans. I mean, I love you dearly sis, but some of these plans are.....a little rough to be honest with you."

Just as she was about to ask why Nivalis was staring at her, the woman spoke and it was all forgotten. Finding what she needed, Dells handed over the rough ideas and plans to the Doctor. Perhaps at one point she could convince Anemone to do more consulting. Train a few people. That was far,far down the road at this point. There was still the small fact Anemone attracted danger no matter what. Times were a little too rough.

"Of course the designs aren't perfect.Okay, some of them are complete bantha crap. That is why you're here to make everything better....or slightly better. Some things we will just have to fake and keep moving for now."

Anemone Nivalis

Her eyes rolled playfully as she made her way towards the Rebel leader, grabbing the plans from her. Her eyes would glance over them for a few moments before looking back to the woman.

"Aww. You finally realized I'm the brains of this outfit? About time." A small laugh escaped her lips as she went back to sifting through the papers she now held. "Okay, since I'm here to apparently make everything all better, where do you want to start? There are still things that can be done while everyone else gets this ship space ready. After all, this is your operation. I'm just here for the ride."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom