Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building Bridges

WPzSbF4l.jpg
Tmoxin had no doubt that the Confederacy would firmly plant itself in the Southern Systems over time. But restriction to one area of the galaxy had its drawbacks.

As she oversaw the arrangement of a few tables filled with delicacies from not just the foggy CSA world on which she sought to entertain, but also from up and down the Corellian Run, she practiced what she might want to say to her small audience.

Everyone likes the idea of freedom, right? Like chocolate and strawberries, or a fancy speeder, or a rectangular sunbeam as it appears on your lap while you’re reading by a window overlooking a beautiful view.

While freedom as a concept obviously transcended all of these material things, the less tangible and ambient emotional connection to the word freedom? Tmoxin was hoping to at least recreate the mood of that for her hosts on Cato Neimoidia.

She recalled a meeting on Naboo with [member="Lady Kay"] who’d eschewed alcohol for tea. That would be served, of course. Tmoxin had not yet met the Senator [member="Natalie LaForte"] but there would be a generous amount of alcohol available if she enjoyed champagne at lunchtime as well.

The small meeting room in the largest bridge cities held the most breathtaking view. The Hapan executive and Archon of the Dark Jedi stood besides the window, sipping a glass of Breath of Heaven as she marveled at the fog-shrouded mountains around them.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay hadn't yet set foot on Cato Neimoidia. When they were first inquiring about Commenor's protection, mostly from the Mandalorians, it had been one of their leaders, [member="Herr Vanderhing"] that had come to Chasin City to almost plead for protection. He had brought bribes as well. Fast forward to today and their leadership had changed. [member="Natalie LaForte"] was their chosen representative and so far she had proven herself to being quite good for the role of Senator, seeming to help further along the ambitions of the planet, rather than her own.

The invitation sent by [member="Tmoxin Temi"] was an odd one at that. Not only as it was being given by a Confederation that she was unaware of, but what was also interesting was just where the meeting was taking place. Still, Kay wasn't one to turn such an invitation down.

The Free Lady landed on one of the platforms. The mere sight of the cities suspended on bridges was awe inspiring. It was almost beyond belief that bridges could maintain buildings on them, let alone entire cities. But the Neimoidians figured it out and made it work.

A short while later, Kay entered the meeting room, a couple of guards in uniform walking along beside her. The smell of alcohol greeted her and it was quite strong. But also she caught the smell of tea. That was a relief. "Afternoon. Thank you for the invitation."

"I'm too old for this" waving away a Neimodian. [member="Lady Kay"] was not only her boss, sort of, but a member from the Confederacy's leadership would also be meeting her, that would be; [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

"You're like 20. Shut up." An omnipresent AI said in the room that she was presently located. "And everything isn't going to be done in time if you just stay here like a fool. So get up and make small talk to those two ladies. Those two... beau". Natalie held her hand up, telling her to stop.

"I sincerely hope this isn't a bad way of you coming out to me."

Natalie didn't know what the AI would do in response, or what it did would be a better way to put it, though she could tell with the childish personality matrix of her former self that was imbedded within its programming that it most definitely gave some sort of smirk, if robots could even do that. Sure, it didn't have the muslces to contract and make a face, but it just seemed... giggly.

Looking out onto the skybridges as she was transported across in a gunship, she felt joyous. Everybody loved her. The people on the ground, the ones in the air, even the ones in the outer atmosphere, they just all.... loved her. That was something that she was not used to.

When she finally approached her destination, the smell of alcohol overcame her and a small cough came up from her lungs.

"A pleasure to meet you again, Kay, and I don't believe that we've been acquainted, mistress."

If Tmoxin realized how strong the smell of the alcohol was, she may have toned it down a little for her guests. But then again, the ambitious Hapan liked to do things her way. Her creature comforts were important after all.

Still, she hadn’t meant the atmosphere to resemble a Nar Shaddaa Undercity cantina. In other words, not time to break out the cigarras just yet.

As both dignitaries entered the space, Tmoxin placed her glass down on a serving droid’s tray and approached both, shaking their hands and beckoning them over to a round table with a crisp, white linen spread across it and a centerpiece bouquet of Rominaria flowers that Lady Kay may have recognized as a prevalent Nabooian flower.

“Senator LaForte, it’s a pleasure to meet you as well. Thank you both for joining me here today.” Two new serving droids came by with an array of drinks, both tea and other refreshments, yes including champagne. “And Lady Kay, I know I have met your acquaintance, but it’s been too long. Please catch me up on your endeavors.”

In time, she would tell both women why she’d called them here, but first Tmoxin did not mind relaxing and exchanging pleasantries first.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Natalie LaForte"]

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to [member="Natalie LaForte"] with a small smile as she was greeted as herself, instead of with any of her titles. "Afternoon Natalie."

She turned her attention to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] as she approached, giving her hand a firm yet soft shake. Kay did indeed recognize the flowers. It had seemed a lifetime ago when she was on Naboo last. Perhaps it was.

As expected, the tea was what she had reached for. She cradled the cup in her hands, waiting for it to cool a little before taking a sip from it. "What have I been up to? Plenty, you might say. I've gotten married, went from leading a small world to leading a Senate full of representatives from multiple worlds. Everything seems to be going well, for the most part. How've you been?" Kay didn't go into any details. There wasn't any real need for her to do so.

Tmoxin realized she’d made a social faux pas by not greeting Lady Kay with her proper title. “I apologize Your Highness as I do forget my manners sometimes. Living in the Southern Systems for so long, so close to the edge of Wild Space, I fear the barbarity has rubbed off on me.”

Truth be told it had been quite a long time since the Hapan had traveled to the Core Worlds, and this journey was a welcome detour from the usual dusty rocks she found herself on. Perhaps she’d stop by Hapes on her way back home.

“Congratulations on your union.” Another glass of champagne appeared before the red haired Dark Jedi and she raised it in an air toast to Queen Kay.

“I’ve been working as usual. Running my businesses and helping to collaborate with some politicians and dignitaries in the Southern Systems to restore the old Confederacy and spread independence throughout the Corellian Run. I’ll get right to the point. The CIS would like to establish an outpost here on Cato Neimoidia. Perhaps an informal alliance of sorts?”

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little and shook her head a bit as [member="Tmoxin Temi"] apologized for not using a title. "Honestly, I'm not bothered. I have far too many titles than I need, and people tend to just call me whatever they'd like. Kay is just fine. I'm no stickler for formalities."

She raised her cup as Tmoxin seemed to be giving a toast and then sipped her tea. It was now at a perfect temperature. "Thank you kindly."

When Tmoxin got to her real reason for bringing them together, it made sense that she had invited [member="Natalie LaForte"] as well. "How interesting. What kind of an outpost? Like an Embassy? And why make it an informal alliance instead of an official one? Is it to be a secret?"

"What a wonderful idea. I would gladly be a representative for this newfound alliance, should this go through. As a Senator for the Commenor Alliance and the Confederacy, I believe it to be very important that both the established nation and a fledgling state close to its borders have a friendly agreement, but why stop there? I agree with [member="Lady Kay"], it would seem foolish not to expand this to something more official."

Diplomatic words as always, Natalie, good choice. Speaking into herself.

"Don't think I'm trying to coerce this, but as far as I'm concerned this could end up being a sign of recognition from an intergalactic power. Let's not waste it?"

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Between the sweet smell of rominaria flowers and the crisp, citrus taste of the champagne, Tmoxin realized how much she had missed the civilized atmosphere of the Core Worlds. Cato Neimoidia had the most breathtaking view and was a far cry from the dusty, sulfur-laden Lok or Ryloth which its prevalence of slaving rings. She could envision an enclave of sorts here on the foggy planet. For herself, of course. But onto the business at hand.

“Since I have a blessing from both Kay, and you, Senator LaForte, I would be remiss to not take you up on the suggestion of something more official.” Taking a sip from the flute before her, she thought for a moment.

“Would it make sense to have a small consular’s office or build something more grand like an embassy for the CIS? Or instead of diplomacy we could build a huge expo for trade and events between the worlds. I would love to hear your ideas as well.”

Kay-Larr

Kay didn't quite give [member="Tmoxin Temi"] her blessing so much as asked her more questions. But [member="Natalie LaForte"] was very keen on the idea. And given that each world in the CSA was sovereign, she couldn't exactly tell them no. She raised a brow as Natalie spoke of recognition from an intergalactic power. Just who that was, she wasn't certain. It surely wasn't their own. The CSA was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just a quiet, little blip on the radar. Perhaps she had meant the Confederacy. Yet Kay hadn't heard much of them either.

Still, she wasn't really going to say no to diplomatic relations. "All of the Embassies have so far been built in Chasin City. And I'd rather not throw democracy out the window. If our laws are abided by your people in our territory, then there shouldn't be any issues. Trade Expos and the like tend to be very well received among the people. So that sounds like fun."

"I would be very much in favour of constructing the embassy on Cato Neimodia, sans government funding. All private. It's not like I can't spare the money. And I can assure you, The Confederate citizens would never break a law under such a great leader as myself." smiling and then looking down to her datapad, having schematics already planned for some sort of large cultural structure.

"We already have a cleared space for a diplomatic centre for the planet, given that there's not one already constructed. I don't see why this couldn't be host to an embassy for the Confederacy and possibly other intergalactic bodies, such a-.." pausing and then laughing to herself, still looking down. "I really am getting ahead of myself here. I studied art for-.. gosh it must've been 5 years and I've not put those skills to use since I last drew my siste-.." laughing once again.

"I talk too much."

[member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

The Confederacy was poised to grow and expand, but given their own principles, the CSA would already be in alignment.

Independent systems. Sovereign worlds. Criminals? Dealt with by local, government authorities not a militia sprinkled with Jedi.

“Why Senator LaForte, how generous of you,” Tmoxin said, quite intrigued by the politician who could afford to build her own embassy. When a wealthy, powerful woman stormed through the galaxy as unafraid as Lady Godiva - well, it warmed her cold, cold Hapan heart.

“And of course if you have any artistic talent you could help the architect with the building designs?” she offered. “Kay, do you have any objections?” At the moment, the Core Worlds was the safe, impenetrable middle in a fibonnaci-designed snail shell. The Blood Monarch knew where she would be hiding out if the outer fringes grew too volatile and despondent.

(OOC: I think this is nearly at an end. I might submit the Embassy as a location. Haven't decided yet. I do have an idea for Kay but it will be better as another thread. Thanks for the lovely RP.)

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as [member="Natalie LaForte"] spoke of her leadership and her assuredness that people wouldn't be breaking any laws. It made her wonder, as she didn't know that the Senator also ruled Cato Neimodia. She sipped her tea while the Senator continued, another brow raised at the idea of creating another diplomatic centre. Hmmm. So that was her game, was it? Pieces were starting to fit together.

Her attention turned to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] as the question was raised over whether or not she had any objections. There were some brewing under the surface, but for now she just kept them to herself. "A small Embassy here is fine, but might I suggest one in Chasin City as well? There you can gain more contracts and trade relations with the other represented governments that hold their Embassies there. It saves you from travel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom