Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BT-Series 4 OMP Heavy Assault Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pa'Kar Sang

P
6FEtrED.jpg

RBUmSWm.jpg
Image Source:
Intent: To provide a droid body for Shard working in the Orax Military Police
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Bankei Technologies
Model: OMP Heavy Assault Droid
Affiliation: Orax Military Police
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material:
  • Dura-armor
  • Durasteel
  • Silicone Composite
Classification: Fourth Degree
Weight: 181 Kg
Height: 1.8 Meters
Movement: Bipedal/Repulsor
Armaments:
  • Shock Gloves
Misc. Equipment:
  • Gabonna Memory Crystal Storage Unit
  • Audio/Video Recorder
  • Macrobinocular Vision
  • Electromagnetic Vocabulator
  • Rapid Inflation Organic Protection System
  • Ionization Buffer
  • Standard Targeting Assist System
  • Shard Housing
  • Hydraulic Assist
Strengths:
  • Armor offers great protection against blaster fire and completely stops standard slugthrower technology
  • Can be abandoned in times of extreme combat stress
  • Droid limbs and hydraulic assistance allows for Shards inhabiting the body to move heavy objects normally out of the realm of possibility to most organics (About as strong as a Whipid or Wookie)
  • Gabonna Memory Crystal allows for Shard to store data and direct video and audio logs for detective work.
Weaknesses:
  • Expensive and difficult to repair or replace
  • Difficult to fix in the field
  • Because it does not have a droid brain installed and is completely reliant on the Shard to move the droid body can't be utilized without a willing Shard
  • Repulsors don't work in the vacuum of space
  • Slow, almost inability to run
Description: Developed in secret for many years by the OMP and Bankei Technologies, the OMP Heavy Assault Droid is a husk made for Shard use in the Oraxian Military Police raids. Originally it was developed to face the terrors of the Sith Empire after the Omni Crisis. As a military droid it was, at the time, a very advanced piece of technology, one of the most advanced droid housings every made by Bankei. Often Called Big Daddies or Marshmallow Men the droid is constructed with a durasteel skeleton and fitted with a very plush silicone "skin" with dura-armor plates placed over that, the OMP Heavy Assault Droid is a layered and plushy machine. Unlike its smaller and leaner cousin that is based on the OMP armor, the Heavy Assault Droid's role in combat is not only to intimidate and provide a heavy bulwark for troops to hide behind but also to aid in organic extraction. With more to hold onto and even an inflation device that works like an airbag for organics in pinch situations.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Bankei said:
Rapid Inflation Organic Protection System
Can you talk about this a bit more? Does the silicone skin play any role in this, etc?

Bankei said:
completely stops standard slugthrower technology
This can be highly resistant to slugthrower technologies, but I doubt it could be immune to slugthrower technology.

Pa'Kar Sang

P
[member="Gir Quee"]

Will edit later today, but on the slugthrower tech.

Any armor built to even the low standard of Stormtrooper armor is immune to standard slugthrower tech. They're just too low tech to actually harm anything using standard military grade materials/armors

" It was almost impossible to kill a stormtrooper with a slugthrower unless the bullet was abnormally large, specifically armor piercing, or if it hit the body glove or visor lenses."

[member="Bankei"], the key word in there is "almost". That implies a high degree of resistance, but not immunity. Slugthrowers encompasses a huge range of weapons and their ammunition types as well, which makes complete immunity almost impossible just based on the breadth of types out there. For example, let's consider the Dressellian Projectile Rifle:
The rifle had a long barrel, was issued with a sling, and could hold twelve rounds. It was widely considered to be a rather crude and primitive weapon when compared to modern technology, but despite this, was more than capable of piercing Stormtrooper armor, as shown by Orrimaarko when he shot and killed two Scout troopers.
And let's consider types of ammunition, such as this round designed to specifically beat stormtrooper armor.

Pa'Kar Sang

P
Gir Quee said:
the key word in there is "almost".
It spells out in what ways standard slugthrowers could kill a stormtrooper, through the visor or the bodyglove. Other than that, yes I agree there are a wide variety of way to pierce that level of armor with a slugthrower. Like you said, special rounds or exceedingly powerful slugthrowers...

But those aren't standard. My sub says standard slugthrowers...as does the Stormtrooper armor page.

[member="Bankei"], I've looked at the supposed source for that quote (New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology), and I don't see any mention of immunity. This is the exact quote from that source on page 121:

While Clone Trooper armor is designed to sustain significant damage, a stormtrooper's plastoid shell protects only against glancing blaster blows and physical attacks.
That being said, stormtrooper armor is one of those things that is so canonically widespread that we don't always see a great amount of consistency. The old WEG books gave stormtrooper +2D resistance against slugthrowers but only +1D to energy weapons such as blasters (for reference, the standard blaster rifle does around +5D damage). We also see quite clearly in Return of the Jedi that stormtrooper armor isn't immune to even Ewok arrows. You can see a Scout trooper take an arrow straight through the back of his plate in this video at the 1 minute mark.

With all of the examples of stormtrooper armor out there, we can probably talk about its effectiveness almost ad nauseam.

However, we're here to talk about your droid. I cannot approve something that is invincible to slugthrowers. The best that I can do is highly resistant to normal slugthrower technology. Please edit accordingly.

Pa'Kar Sang

P
[member="Cira"]

Sorry I never got the original tag that it had been moved. Do I need a judge to move it again for judging?

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Bankei"]

You're using the old template. Please reformat your submission to fit the 4.0 templates.

Bankei said:
standard slugthrower technology
  • Slugthrowers come in plenty of power ranges. Does this cover only small arms and combat rifles and such? Or do you also mean hyper-velocity stuff like sniper rifles?
  1. How does this droid/armor fare against EMP/Ion damage?
  2. How about explosions and kinetic energy? Lightsabers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom