Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship BT-3197 Tra'galaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashara Zavros

A
besuliik.jpg

Intent: The intent of this technology is to provide the Mandalorians with a spaceworthy assault vessel that can provide fire support as well as troop insertion and extraction.
Manufacturer: MandalMotors
Model: Tra'kad Model
Affiliation: Mandalorain
Modularity: No (Command Center Variant Only)
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel structure with beskar plating
Description: During its early years, the Tra'kad assault vessel was seen as nothing more than a ship to accompany the vastly more popular and publisized Bes'uliik starfighter. However, as the years went on, the design of the original Tra'kad became a staple in later assault vessels made by the Mandalorians, eventually earning the name Tra'kad class. The defining feature of all Tra'kad class vessels was the beskar armored hull, as other starships of the same type at most recieved a beskar weave. The BT-3197 Tra'galaar is the newest addition to the family, keeping a similar design and its signature durability it is a force to be reckoned with, however, due to recent shortages in the supply of beskar, this model opts for a mostly durasteel frame offering beskar plating for defense. Unfortunately though its pentagon shape allows for a wider array of armaments, it reduces the vessel's potential aerodynamically as well as its speed. Its ability to run on no power (without use of any weapons systems) for a few minutes and its near absolute defense makes up for its abysmal speed. It boasts five laser turrets, four of which are able to be maneuvered manually from the cockpit.
In Its command center variant, much of the interior is converted into a mobile command center complete with galaxy map and restroom.

Transport
Production Line: BT-Series
Role: Transport; Fire Support
Height: 5 Meters
Width: 14 Meters
Length: 26 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Fuel Cells
Hyperdrive Rating: 2.5 No backup
Minimum Crew: 1 (Pilot)
Optimal Crew: 5
Armaments: 5 Compact Laser Cannon Turrets mounted on deployable rotating modular platforms (Two in front, two in back, one on lower hull ); 2 Electrothermal Cannons (Plasma) both located in front.
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor Array, Comlink, 1 Prisoner Cell
Passenger Capacity: 18
Cargo Capacity: 15 Tons
Consumables: 3 weeks
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4

To my knowledge, there is no such a thing as plasma mass driver cannon, since the two terms are mutually exclusive. Also, I'm wary on the idea of any ship being forged out of pure beskar. It's a rather precious metal, with the only known source being on Mandalore. As I understand them, the Mandalorians would be more likely to put that beskar to use by crafting full armors from it than they would produce fighters.

Last question: The Mandalorians have a plethora of fighters, bombers, transports, and gunships. What sets this apart from them?

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
To add to what Ayden said, Beskar was stripped mine during the Imperial era and was almost completely mined out of Mandalore. They found another vein of ore just after they rebelled against the Empire and started mining it leading to an economical boon, but by the time of the Legacy era no more known veins existed. They were essentially panning for the stuff. We're like hundreds of years after that. So I won't say that its super rare because no veins have existed for hundreds of years, because you never know what will be found under the surface, but the idea of a fighter made out of the substance would be like making a F16 out of gold.

Ashara Zavros

A
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough with the mass driver cannons, Wookiedpedia lumps all four (conventional, elctrothermal, gaus/coil, and rail) into the category of Mass Driver cannon. And I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing, but the beskar you speak of was found during the legacy era, and though its hard to guess how quickly they used it, I feel it is safe to assume that since they were using it to armor their Tra'kad class assault vessels they anticipating finding more, natural and unatural(The loads beskar taken from them by the Empire as the Mandalore of the time was given information on its wearabouts).
But outside of it being a Tra'kad class transport nothing, this is simply the Tra'kad class vessel of this time period

Edited

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Tra'kad is a good precedent, and I see that you've dialed your speed and maneuverability down to a Class 4 to reflect that. With minor production, I suspect you could get away with having the hull be partially beskar, in keeping with the Tra'kad tradition. A partially-beskar hull would also address the rarity issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom