Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bryn'adûl | Fealty Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a form of interrogative equipment and accountability system for the Bryn'adûl.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Draelvasier Technology
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
  • Model: Accountability and Loyalty System
  • Modularity: Has a multitude of programs for various tasks and types of interrogative methods.
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Draelvasier Technology
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Full Access: The 'Fealty Scanner' is a portable device designed to be used in the weekly Base-Line tests performed on members of the Bryn'adûl. The Fealty Scanner is most often used when the Draelvasier surrender themselves to its operations, however the Fealty Scanner when within its limited telepathic range of a target can be directed to powerfully infiltrate the mind.
STRENGTHS
  • Fool-proof system: When it gains access to a mind, it would take a powerful telepath to fool its very specific search patterns. The Scanner most usually searches for particular mental pathways to confirm the appropriate mind-sets of members of the Bryn'adûl.
  • Versatile: Similar systems of a much weaker variety are installed in almost all forms of security, the weekly updates log all Bryn'adûl into categories of approved or disapproved, thusly its systems can recognise who has access to what systems and will alert the Barricas immediately of a 'no-show' for their Base Line tests.
  • Truly Alien: The teachings of navigation of the mind or typical hacking is inapplicable to these devices.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Disruptor: As always, the use of the Force can be utilised to disrupt or bypass these systems if the user had enough familiarity with the system.
  • Force Dead: Materials such as Void Stone can block identification or tracking from these devices. However, physical touch can bypass this.
DESCRIPTION:
This variant is typically incorporated into all variations of
Bryn'adûl Security Measures and subsequently all facilities whether military, industrial or recreational. A prized invention that works to both hold members of the Bryn'adûl accountable of their whereabouts but also ensures that for those who are untrained in the workings of these devices, it is incredibly difficult to interact with it undetected.

Last edited:
Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus

This is an interesting concept for the Bryn'adûl, there are just a few points I need to clarify with you before we go on.

1) Manufacturer

While I know you have linked the faction later in the thread, however, the factory does require the manufacturer to be linked, if you could add a link to this field please.

2) Language

The language used in this submission is very absolute, and submissions should be looser in their language. preventing them from being used as a be-all and end-all to prevent them from being used to impede storytelling.

John Locke John Locke I've linked the manufacturer and removed the absolute language used in the description. However I'd point out that the language used in the 'Truly Alien' strength is factual rather than absolute as neither of those would be fundamentally applicable. So its more about presenting it as is, rather than impeding story-telling.

The language is still fairly absolute.

A prized invention that works to both hold all members of the Bryn'adûl accountable of their whereabouts

The phrase above makes it seem like the submission tracks every single Bryn'adul, but if a writer wanted to write a story going through without being detected by it then they should be given that opportunity.

John Locke John Locke to me that's like saying I shouldn't make people use a door. The nature of the equipment is meant to log the movements of people in facilities. There's plenty of ways to bypass undetected like force nullifying materials or force concealment.

I've added a additional weakness explicitly stating this.

It's more like a security camera being installed in a facility than a door. My suggestion would be to remove the all, to allow people to avoid it if they so wish, or be tracked by it if that is their wish.

However, as always the final decision is up to you. Just be aware that the submission might be reported and will then be pulled up for a more detailed review.

Please let me know what you wish to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom