Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Bryn'adûl | Errindak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryn'adûl | Errindak
loic-muzy-adc-chakota-bestiaire-lm.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a space-faring beast for use by the Bryn'adûl.
  • ​Image Credit: X
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links:
​- The Bryn'adûl

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Errindak
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: Draemidus System/Shatter Field
  • Average Lifespan: Sixty-Years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: A shimmer against the abyssal black void of space. Errindak's are herd beasts, massive black serpents with translucent white teeth and domed, curved heads.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I/II
  • Average Height of Adults: 1000-3000m
  • Average Length of Adults: 1000-5000m
  • Skin colour: Black
  • Hair colour: N/A
  • Distinctions: Massive space-faring serpent creatures. The Errindak are typically hostile, originated from the Draemidus system - these creatures are capable of intergalactic light-speed travel. The Errindak's are capable of using their livers and stomach to transfer almost any Type II gas into fuel for intergalactic travel.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Sentitive
Strengths:
  • Long-term Travel: The Errindak can store gases in its body for extremely long periods of time, able to maintain nourishment and oxygen through deriving nutrients and oxygen particles from the gas.
  • ​Light-speed: The Errindak serpents are capable of intergalactic travel, the spines along its back glow densely, vibrant with a deep embedded orange glow as the creature surges into lights-speed. Their travel capabilities are not as profound as the abilities of Light-Speed capable vehicles, they need to recharge after several trips.
  • ​Tough Hide: Errindak's are ruthless, and have spent centuries eating each other and in the vicinity of Draemidus Prime's ionic storms. Thusly, their carapace has evolved to be highly resistant to both kinetics and forms of concentrated heat/energy.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow: The Errindak's get slower as they get older and bigger. Almost as slow as ships their size.
  • ​Not the Brightest: The Errindak's are only semi-sentient, they rely on instinct and brawn more than intelligence.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore
  • Communication: Body Language
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behaviour: Hostile
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:
​From the Draemidus System, the Errindak are creatures that inhabit the massive asteroid field known as the Shatter Field. They once primarily inhabited various planets, however the majority of their species have been tamed and turned into riding beasts by the local native species, Draelvasier. Before using them as vessels for space travel, the Draelvasier rigged hunting barges and more primitive space-travel vessels for shorter distanced travel.

The Errindak's live in the shadow of the ionic storms that are present over Draemidus Prime. They nest and reproduce in the larger asteroids. However they return to planets typically to replenish their gas supplies ever few weeks.

Good Morning [member="Tathra Khaeus"]

This is an interesting take on ships for the Brynadul. I just have a few points I was hoping you could clear up for me.

1)
Tathra Khaeus said:
riding beasts by the local native species, Draelvasier

Could you please clarift what you mean by riding beasts? Some of the Errindak are as big as Battlecruisers so I doubt you mean individual mounts but the wording is unambiguous and unclear.

2)
Tathra Khaeus said:
They nest and reproduce in the larger asteroids.

The Errindak breathe type I/II atmospheres, while you did mention they were able to store gas for a long period of time, how do the newly borns do the same if they've never been to the planet? Sinc they live in space, how do the adults replenish their supplies of gas?

3)
Tathra Khaeus said:
Light-speed: The Errindak serpents are capable of intergalactic travel, the spines along its back glow densely, vibrant with a deep embedded orange glow as the creature surges into lights-speed.

Could you go into a little more detail about this ability? It is fairly important to what they do and how other writers will react to them so a little more detail would be helpful. The Purrgil, the only other species I know who can travel through hyperspace are only able to do so after injesting Clouzon-36 gas. How do the Errindak travel through hyperspace? It's a very unusual ability for a species who used to live on planets to learn. While not a neccesity, fleshing out this part of the submission will make things easier for other writers to understand and write when dealing with this species.

[member="John Locke"]
Made changes for question 1, in the Historical Information section.
Made changes for question 2; noting that the adults can transfer oxygen to their children, and that their birth pods generated oxygen for them to consume.
Made changes for question 3 - detailing the limitations of their abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom