Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brunch with a side of Business.

Grimm

Spira
Within the Alize la emor

Alex Starcrest was wearing his best causal clothing today, not because it was a date. No this was far more important, he was doing business for his company. That was a rather important mile stone in his life, taking over his dead father's company and trying to make it into a super power that can go head to head with the top ranking brands in the universe.

Today he was wearing a nice silk pants, black dress shoes and a light blue polo shirt. Sitting at a nice table with assortments of appetizers, sliver ware and other fancy stuff that he was not use to. Yet, this was rather the perfect place to meet someone and no one would even think to look for sith here.

Well he assumed, but it was all a work in progress as he was going over business stocks. His were raising quite nicely, but he was just wasting time until he met with his future supplier.....if things went by smoothly. He wasn't some small time player, he was aiming for the top and anyone he works with better do the same.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Although known to them and generally the galaxy at large, the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Plagueis once theorized that a Force-sensitive being could be so powerful within the Force that they could become hidden within it to the point that their subsequent Force-sensitivity could not be sensed nor detected.

It was precisely this type of theory that could be describe the woman known as Alicia Drey, who upon the surface presented herself as a well mannered, yet beautiful woman that hailed from Chandrila, in it's capital Hanna City and who happened to run a small time technological firm that was seeking to takeover a market that she had identified to be cornered. After all, Chandrila's main import was technology in exchange for his main export, which happened to be agricultural in design; and so the idea came: Why buy from other worlds, when you can buy from your own?

But to do this required funding, business contacts and assistance. Her recent trip to Muunilinst alongside [member="Enigma"], otherwise known as Circe Savan, had proved to fulfill the former, but it was the latter two that Alicia identified next in her business plans. So, she found herself lowering her petite frame into the confines of a chair directly across her new contact in the form of [member="Grimm"].

She extended a hand towards the man and said. "I am Alicia Drey, CEO of Chandrila DataTech. Thank you for your invitation. What was it you wished to meet with me about?" Her leg folded across the other, after asking her question. Two pairs of steel, blue eyes locked their gaze with the man sat across from her, whilst her chin was lowered into the palm of her right hand, who had it's elbow propped on the arm's rest. Her small linger lowered itself onto her lower lip as she asked the question, parting it a little as she waited for his reply.

Grimm

Alex looked at the CEO of Chandrila Datatech, she was a rather elegant women that had beauty on her side. Yet, he knew better than to underestimate her for this business deal. When she sat down into the chair, and extended her hand out to him. He was only returned the gesture with the same response, as she asked about her presence being requested.

He only thought of the idea he had first placed for himself, Chandrila was a rather quiet planet. Big on trade, but didn't really have much a role in the universe as a major player to his knowledge that is. So when he looked for a chance to bring his company over to expand his business, he decided he needed to have connections with a company already placed there.

"It's great to finally meet you Miss Alicia, my name is Alex Starcrest. CEO of Republic of Starcrest. What I have called you today for would be for the benefit of both our companies." He said respectfully.

His pink eyes would stare into her steel blue one's without a hint of fear, he had mastered the salesmen pitch. It would seem that a battle of dominance had been established with her eyes staring at his own, but he knew that looking away was not something a true businessman would do. She seemed bored with her arm perched on the arm rest, so he wanted run over the deal quickly to grab her attention.

"Looking over your companies main source of product that is handheld sensors and datapads, maybe you would want to expand your services to more profitable revenue source?" He said seriously, trying to state that her usual source of profit wasn't quite up to par.

Instead of speaking more, he would leave it at those words for now. Wanting to see if she would understand where he was coming from, as the waiter had come around to there table. He was a red four armed alien that was wearing a chef's clothing and hat, that looked pleased to make any dish that the two would order.

"What can I get you this evening?"

"I want the Romorean Capanata, with a Lava tar."

"Good choice, and for you miss?"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Alicia listened intently. She had not heard of Republic of Starcrest before as a company; and the first through came to mind was that it had it's affiliations to the Galactic Republic, based on it's name. But she wouldn't ask that directly, rather waiting for that piece of information to come forward by itself. Her thoughts turned her own corporation and the revenue that was circulating. She had, indeed, identified a market on Chandrila that could be cornered. Technology was it's main import, but those datapads, devices and other forms of technology came from other worlds that were drifting into Chandrila, in exchange for it's main export, which was agriculture. Now there was a company, slowly turned itself into a corporation, that was there to bring the technology that Chandrila wanted, right on it's doorstep.

Her profit margins were good.

Alicia averted her gaze from Alex to the waiter, who was waiting for her to give her own order. She spoke with an assurance that suggested that she knew exactly what she wanted from the moment she had sat down, which was a sign to the CEO of Republic of Starcrest that the woman sat before her also knew what she wanted from him. It was the small things that gave signs to the bigger, you see.

"I will have a chilled Corellian wine with Tapani Carbonara and bread, which I will have the latter served as a starter for myself and my friend, here." She gestured to Alex with the latter half of her order and gave the waiter a soft smile. He smiled in return, bowed his head and left the two of them to discuss business. Turning her gaze back to him, Alicia maintained her relaxed posture. Her chin remained on her palm, fingers interlocked across the lower half of her face and eyes locked onto Alex's own. She began to speak.

"I began Chandrila DataTech because I have identified a market on my homeworld that I believe my firm will eventually corner. You see, my planet has always been obbessed with importing all forms of technology, ranging from your communication devices, to your handhelds and all the way through to the range of droids; and in return, the galaxy has enjoyed the vast amount of food stores and array of floras, medicines and herbs that Chandrila grows on an annual basis."

"Because of my worlds unique ability to grow vast amounts of food stores ranging from vegetables to cattle, as well as it's herbs and so on, makes Chandrila very rich. I am not talking the type of wealth seen on Kuat or Muunilinst, nor does it have the economical stand points seen in the Seswenna sector nor the galactic center, up until the surprising return of the Sith that has been seen there recently."

"And in comparison to worlds such as Corellia and Fondor, who have enjoyed the wealth and prosperity that the Omega Protectorate has brought to them, Chandrila is relatively tiny. I would go on a limb and say it is close to the worlds seen in the Confederacy, but that is only because of the recent hostilities seen to have broken out between it and the Protectorate, with the latter still enjoying it's relationship and free trade with the Galactic Republic, who although with their loss of Coruscant, still enjoy relative wealth."

"Apologizes, I am blabbing."

Alicia smiled and waved her free hand nonchalantly. As she did so, Alex's Lava tar and her own Corellian wine was served, with a plate of Tapani bread (garlic bread). She leaned her head off her hand and picked up the glass, tasting it's contents before setting it down and reclining back into her seat. Resting her hands on the chairs arms rest, she continued.

"Back to where I left off. My company will be cornering the technological imports that Chandrila thrives on; and instead of Chandrila's wealth going to other worlds that are responsible for such imports, it will be instead returning back to one of it's own companies, who will then use that wealth to eventually expand beyond the Chandrila system into other worlds; and thus Chandrila's main exports will be agriculture and technology."

"And you want a piece of that. But before we continue, I'd like to know more about your company, what world it hails from and where it currently operates? What markets have you expanded into and have you cornered any? Who or what are you affiliated too? Etc." She smiled again and took up a piece of bread. She would turn to eating the bread whilst maintaining her gaze on Alex, enjoying the taste and texture of the crunch whilst her other hand held up her wine glass.

Grimm

Alex blinked a few times, listening to her words. She was more knowledgeable than he expected. Causing him to slow down his pace on the business deal, because she was a women that knew what she wanted.

Compared to hid company, she had found a certain market to be cornered. Her knowledge on other groups was very resourceful as well. Making him think of what degree that he should purpose an agreement from.

He looked at his drink that was served, a lava tar always hit the spot. Taking a sip of the red liquid, it would cause his cheeks to turn red. It was a hot drink after all, but he kept his eyes on Alicia.

"Your not wrong, I do want a piece of the action. I applaused your extensive knowledge of your company and your bigger picture." He said with a smile on his face.

"How impolite of me, my company deals with the always profitable warring factions in our universe. Currently I hail traffic from coruscant and basilisk, the only market I've cornered is selling my products to refugee planet warlords."

"It isn't pretty, but there money is always good. So I supply them with advanced products that compare to today's ever growing weapons of war. I plan on taking over the ever growing market of war in the universe one of these days."

The waiter had finally brought there food, placing it on the table. He looked at my ice fish covered in tasty herbs and some sides.

"As for my affiliations, I sell mostly independently on the side.Yet i do have some small contract with some of omega companies, mandalorian squads that like my products and now the sith because of there recent take over of coruscant...they pay better than the republic anyway."

"Is that enough knowledge for you, Miss Alicia?" He said with a smirk, before he started to cut up the ice fish with his knife and fork. Tasting the cold embrace of winter, before taking a sip of his lava tar. Such a perfect blend of favor.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

"Interesting." Her gaze turned to the Tapani Carbonara that had been served. Her favorite. Picking up her fork and knife, she cut the pieces of pasta, so that it would be easier to eat and chew. Then she picked up a few fork fills and ate, before picking up another bread, breaking it in half and leave one end on top of the bowl, with the other moving into her mouth. She ate delicately, of a woman that knew manners and all manners of politeness, of which a wealthy upbringing was suggested to Alex.

"So you're a weapons and defense manufacturer and supplier; and you've invited the CEO of a technological firm to dinner. Curious. What is it you exactly want from DataTech and in particular, Chandrila?"

Grimm

He had already finished about half of his food, when she had asked what he wanted with her company. It varied at what she could supply to him, but he wanted new systems for his vessels. Being one step ahead of the competition was usually how the universe ran and since he was always getting second rate hardware, it didn't help his case.

"Good question, well as you can see about my business...I need to have better technology to be a step ahead of my competitors. While I may build products with second rate hardware, I believe that gaining a better quality would allow me to spread my company further. So I decided to set up another headquarters, which I was thinking of placing on Chandrilia. Now the question is, are you in or out?" He said the last few words in a very serious tone, before going back to drinking the rest of his lava tar.

He was thinking of placing the company on the planet anyway, but if she didn't want to sign a deal with his company. Many others would be willing to take the deal to expand there company profit, after all the planet of Chandrilia likes to important technology. So what he had to offer would be a valuable asset in the long run, as he expands his new product listing.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Alicia nodded. "I can help you set up a point of contact on Chandrila, using my contacts in Hanna City. We can also draw up a contract where you will have access to our technology; and I can see about designing systems for the ships that you produce. I will, of course, require access to the designs and schematics of your ships in order to familiarize myself with them to provide updates. I assume you have a patent already in place? If so, you have nothing to worry about."

Grimm

Alex calmly smiled towards her, as he slowly got up from the table.

"Wonderful, I will come to Chandrila with my best consultants. That way we can seal the contract, covering everything that has been brought up. Yes, all my products are patented. I will meet you in Hanna City then?"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

"Excellent. You can stop by my office in three standard days." Finishing her lunch, Alicia finished her wine and then rose from the table. She shook Alex's hand and then left the building, entering the hovering car that had brought her there. Her driver took her to the spaceport, where she boarded a frigate heading for the Chandrila system.

Grimm

Three days went by in a flash, he had gathered some of his other members. Where they would be able to sign a contract with the company on Chandrilia, yet he didn't know where to go. Once he reached the planet, he was waiting around the Port of Hanna city. Looking for his contacts on the planet, being new to the planet and all.

He was wearing his usual clothing, nice shirt, a jacket and than his guards with blaster rifles at the ready. They were private contractors from his branch of work, they didn't want him to get harmed by some other third party. Yet, he felt good about himself and how he would be able to finally expand his company like his father wanted.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Alicia was waiting at the spaceport of which Alex Starcrest had arrived. She wore plain clothes- nothing fancy, as she had done for their lunch on Spira three days previously- and was waiting at the foot of a hover car that had a sense of luxury to it. Chandrila was a rich world, Alicia Drey was a wealthy woman and she was transported in a sense of style.

"Welcome to Chandrila and my home, Hanna City, Mr Starcrest. I trust your journey here went well?" She smiled at the man, before the door was opened by the cars driver, who was stood on the other side of it. When the door opened, Alicia climbed in and moved to the back, nearest to the transparisteel panel that the driver could open from the front of the car.

She selected a bottle of spring water and poured it into a glass, before returning the bottle back into it's cabinet. Her leg folded over the other and she leaned backwards, waiting for Alex to move into the car as well, which would then take them to the rented building she was currently using as her headquarters.

Grimm

"It was an uneventful trip, but I was able to get some new designs for future products."

Alex finally found Miss Alicia, walking over to spy her luxury hover car and smiled back to her. He waved off his guards to keep an eye on them, but he wouldn't need them in the vehicle. It would simply draw to much attention, but as she moved into the car. He would follow right behind her, relaxing himself into the sit as he stared at her.

" How have you been these past few days, Miss Alicia. Hopefully well?" He said, while he turned his head towards the window to look at the scenery that was Hanna city.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

"I have been well. We recently released a small catalog, upon the release of the Lenoi I, the first of the Lenoi series. Here, why don't you have a look?" Alicia dropped her hand into her pocket and produced a Datapad. She held it across for Alex to take. The Chandrila DataTech symbol, a 7 with a rectangular square found inside a circle, which was found on the lid that could be lifted and placed onto the back to give access to the device's screen.

"Soon, the Raxor and Core series will be released, presumably on the same day as our first retail stores are opened in Hanna City. We're planning to open three on the the inner and lower districts. You're more than welcome to attend the opening ceremonies." She smiled at him and took another swig of her water. They were nearly at the building Alicia was renting as the headquarters for DataTech. She planned to buy a bigger facility soon, of which would be completely hers, once the stores were up and running. She might even construct one, if she got the permit to do so.

Grimm

He turned away from the city to see her pull out a data pad. It was a sleek model, grabbing it from her hand. He would start to access its programs and the daily holonet news. It was very impressive indeed.

"I find that your work to be very impressive. I will even order each one of your product for myself, and my staff to use to improve production. If you don't mind me tagging along."

Staring at her for a brief moment, before he stared off through the window. Possibility spotting her work place by now, as for his new ship yard...he would need a large area.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Alicia was blissfully unaware of Alex's intentions to build a shipyard. To her, the lunch on Spira concluded on the eve of a business deal, where Chandrila DataTech would provide technology and software for Republic of Starcrest to use on their ships and in their construction details. For example, the Lenoi I Alica had just given for him to have a look at would be perfect to be used as a means for construction works to have a point of reference at work, issue tasks to employees and even hold the schematics and designs for the vehicles, machines and ships that Starcrest designed, manufactured and produced.

But a shipyard was something unlikely to happen. Not at least, for a long time. Still, having a company with the potential as DataTech to provide the innards of Starcrest's produce, as well as a point of reference for customers on Chandrila to come and order was a great place to start business. It was also possible to open shops for hover cars, bikes and speeders; and for a world like Chandrila, that too was a market to be cornered. The majority of vehicles seen in Hanna City, for example, came from other worlds. Even the luxury one they found themselves in came from Kuat.

The car came to a stop. The drive emerged and opened the door. Alex would be the first to exit, as he was closest to the exit. Alicia would soon join him outside, after finishing the remnants of the spring water she had opened and poured. An Umbrella was erected above their heads after the door was closed. It had begun to rain. "It isn't much at the moment- we are a new company after all- but I am sure on your next visit to Chandrila, you'll be met with something better."

Grimm

It was only planning that had gotten him this far ahead in life, bringing in new choices and idea's was what many do to survive. Being stuck in the past would only hold someone back to a brighter tomorrow, for him it meant that his business would go under. Maybe he could place a small business on this planet for the time being, he did produce vehicles as line of work. Producing motorcycles, luxury cars and even regular models for the average citizens.....was it the best idea?

When they reached the location, he looked upon her office building. It was starting out, so he only expected something like this. Of course the rain was odd, he inched closer to Alicia, where she had opened an umbrella to block the incoming waves of droplets of water. Looking towards the entrance, he would follow her into the building as he didn't know where to go. The Datapad under his arm as he followed her.

"Don't worry, I've had a building like this when I first started the business. All you need to do is strive for your goal, and improve things little by little. Does it rain often in Chandrila? It's a nice change of pace, once and a while."

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

"It rains, just like any other world. Maybe a little more than some others. Chandrila is famous for it's agriculture and to grow things you need water." They entered the building. The driver bid Alicia and Alex goodbye and turned back outside into the rain, using the Umbrella from before to shield him from it. The main foyer had several sofas, plants in pots and a receptionist desk. The woman behind the desk rose to her feet when she saw Alicia and said. "Madam, welcome back."

"Thank you," replied Alicia. "Have the meeting room prepared; and alert Mr Sularis that Mr Starcrest is here."
"Yes madam."

The receptionist bowed her head and turned away from them both. Alicia averted her gaze from her to Alex and smiled. "I have to go to the office to get my notes and papers. You stay here." She turned away from him and began to ascend a flight of stairs going up, leaving him in the main foyer with only the receptionist for company, who was speaking out loud.

Alicia had also left the Lenoi I in Alex's possession; and on the datapad was all the information he would need on the Lenoi, Raxor and Core series that DataTech were releasing. It was a test, to see if Alex was trustworthy. The items had patents on them to DataTech, so it was a test of the mans intelligence as well. What would he done?

Meanwhile, a Muun was seen emerging from the same flight of stairs Alicia had just climbed up. Serj Sularis wore green robes. He was an investment banker from Muunilinst and was here on the InterGalactic Banking Clan's business. He had invested into DataTech on the Clan's behalf, so contracts and the likes between DataTech and it's partners were something that he took a particular interest in.

Grimm

Alex walked into the room, it was rather nice and nodded his head to her. She would walk away from him up some stairs, leaving him with the receptionist.

He only walked over to one of the sofas and sat on it. It was nice and cool, as he made himself comfortable. Looking at the data pad once more, he would search for other products information.... which came out to her other two products.

They seemed interesting, it looks like they would sell a large sum of this product. He pulled out a data drive and scanned the contents into the data pad. Currently his models were on the display, products already listed online.

Of course this was the full on details about the systems, construction, and operators manual. They were patented already but this meant that he trusted the company enough for now.

He would be focused on fixing any problems with the data until someone walked up to him.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Grimm"] |

Alicia retrieved her notes and made her way to the meeting room. Serj approached Alex and nodded his head. "Alex Starcrest, I presume? My name is Serj Sularis. I will be participating in the meeting, as well. Come, the room is this way."

As the Muun led Alex to the room, Alicia lowered herself into a seat at the end of the table. Folding her hands over each other on top of the table, she waited for them to arrive. When they did, Serj took a seat nearest to the woman and gave her a curt nod. "Alicia," he said in greeting, before averting his gaze from her back to Alex.

Alicia also turned to look at him. She gestured as she spoke. "Please, take a seat Mr Starcrest."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom