Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Brother's Protection

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

Matthew had been spending a little time on his brother John's Exarch ship, even after the few times he had been on it he was still in awe of the ship. The current moment he was spending just walking around the ship admiring some of the equipment that was on board and the viewports, which was unusually beautiful where they were. Stuck to the view at a viewport Matthew began to wonder about some things, where he had gone, and where he was going slowly letting his mind drift away.​
John had always been the older of the two, but when they were kids it was hard to tell the difference, Matthew always was the protector of the family, making sure that John and his family didn't get into any trouble with anyone trying to be tough. Matthew spent the better part of his adult life as a fighter, bounty hunting someone here, mercenary for someone else over there, it was the job. Anyone who knew John would know that he was much different from that, he was a smart man that used his mind to create things that would destroy, or help people, it depended on the customer, he did good for some people, and he caused the end to others.​
That was beside the point. Matthew's mind finally drifted back to the place at hand, after fighting for many years he could feel the hairs standing on the back of his neck whenever he thought someone was looking at him. This was probably realistic, with the fact that there were plenty of crew members there on the ship, and he was always the odd man out, especially on this ship. I wonder if anyone here actually knows John, or if they all are just peons, and he has left himself alone like he used to know.. Letting a sigh escape from his lips he leaned against the viewport a little as he glanced across the stars. He had only just reconnected with his older brother, but he had always wanted to be there for him, and he was sad that he hadn't been.​

Wearing: [X]
Tag: Matthew Locke Matthew Locke

Lesya was one who was content to be in the background while John was on the center stage and in the public eye, she was the minder of the shadows keeping the man from harm and helping him when he required it. The job of keeping the underworld at bay was no simple task but as a former assassin she was uniquely suited to manage threats and synthesize data, perhaps not as quickly as John but only second to. It still seemed odd to think that once she had been little more than a broken cyborg with no future until she met a rather tenacious Chiss in Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran and by proxy found her way to John Locke John Locke and the Confederacy.

She never would have imagined she could heal as much as she had, or how much had changed since then from a highly advanced military weapon to the personal security of an Exarch and head a galaxy wide corporation it was not a simple change. Siskeen had really been the first time she had been called to his side, everything about that meeting was a farce and they both knew it yet the game was played. Since then she had quietly managed the security affairs of Locke & Key as well as ensuring John stayed safe, a never-ending job.

Currently she was discussing the current refugee crisis with the Naboo Headquarters when she rounded the corner quickly and almost ran into Matthew save for her passive sensors warning her and a quick sidestep put him safely out of danger. "Let me call you back, for now just increase security on the ground and sublevels. We will further assess upon our return." There was no visible comm device that Matthew could see Lesya was simply speaking seemingly to nobody in particular. When she finally directed her full attention as the comm channel closed she paused as realization dawned upon her. Blinking a couple of times in surprise before she caught herself and resumed her professional demeanor. "Mr. Locke, apologies I'm afraid I allowed my mind to wander a bit too much." she offered a small smile in apology, she also reached up to move several strands of white hair back behind her ear. It was little more than a nervous tick she had developed over time when she was talking to somebody new.

"We have not had time to actually be introduced I am afraid. I am Lesya Kosarev. Head of security for Locke & Key as well as personal security for the Exarch." she chose a more formal address of John, which was her preference when it was not just the two of them. As she spoke she extended a gloved hand toward Matt in greeting. Of course she knew Matt was on board but she had never expected to run into him, in fact it was her preference to remain unseen that way she was never expected when she inevitably would have to use force. Upon taking her hand he would note the strength of the grip was gentle almost as if she was trying not to break an egg that she were holding in her hand.

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

In his dream state he did not hear the woman round the corner, although he did have enough senses to attempt to move out of the way before the woman did. He turned towards her and gave a slightly raised brow at the woman seemingly talking to nobody. It didn't take him long to figure out that she probably had some robotic enhancements like his brother. He wasn't a purest or anything so he didn't mind, it could be a little jarring sometimes to see people do things like that though.​
Matthew gave a warm smile to the woman before him, extending his hand and shaking it, "Ah Miss Kosarev my brother has spoken very highly of you, I am glad we have finally gotten a chance to meet. My brother never mentioned how lovely you were though, and what a strong grip you have, very impressive." John had never mentioned her at all, probably in passing but they had been talking less about John's business and more about life in general since the two of them had reunited and he can only assume it slipped John's mind. Nevertheless, Matthew was going to be a good guest and respect anyone under his brother's employ like he wasn't going to anyway.​
"Well as you know I am John's brother, mercenary, and bounty hunter, he got the brains, I got the brawn. I think he won in terms of the gene department though." Giving out a warn chuckle Matthew leaned against the wall he had been looking out of. Clearing his throat a little he returned his attention back to Lesya. "So how did you meet my brother, I mean he is a man that has experienced much of the galaxy, but I have rarely heard of his exploits besides what I manage to scrounge up, don't tend to visit Confederate space much."

Wearing: [X]
Tag: Matthew Locke Matthew Locke

She smiled though that smile faded when he inquired about how she met John and she sighed a bit. "That is a long story, and not a very happy one sadly. But if you are interested I would say drinks are in order first, if you are free?" she inclined her head slightly as if giving him an out here, to be frank the alcohol was for him it did nothing for her she couldn't even taste it, the only parts of her that were organic were her brain which functioned more or less as a CPU now and her heart which now served to pump blood to her skin grafts to hide the phrik endoskeleton underneath.

"The short version is that I was in a bad spot, John took me in and helped me out. I decided to stick around when he offered me a job first as his body guard then as head of security for Locke & Key." again she reached up and pushed a strand of white hair back behind her ear over the years she had gotten accustomed to talking to people and gotten quite good at it, but when it came to talking about herself that's when she had a hard time.

L O C K E
H6cra7Y.jpg

The eyes of the man looked over his companion as they talked, he saw the instant his words hit her because the smile she had worn had faded away in an instant. Matthew continued to smile at the woman as he smiled, looking down upon her as he listened to a rough version of the way that the woman had met his brother. "A couple of drinks could do me well, I am more than happy to oblige you on your offer, just don't blame me if I say anything brash, okay?" He said as he gave a good chuckle.​
Matthew might not have been the most charming man in the world, but he definitely wasn't a slouch, he could see that the woman in front of him was a little nervous, and he was more than happy to attempt to put her at some sort of ease. He knew that it was probably difficult conversing with strangers, especially about themselves, so he didn't mind being a good conversationalist. Lesya seemed like she was more than a capable woman, but he could tell that she wasn't able to open up as much as what is probably healthy. It reminded him of the days where all he did was fight or wait, he barely spoke to anyone, and if he did it was about work, never a personal conversation with another person.​
"Sounds like my brother really helped you out. Sounds like him for sure, was always the kind of guy to be there for someone, glad he is doing some good around the galaxy though, least one of us has a good name going out there. But enough about that, there's gotta be a bar on this big of a ship, let's go get those drinks you promised me." Matthew gave out a chuckle as he motioned for her to lead because he for sure had no clue in hell where he was going on this ship.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom