Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Broken Wings

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

V3xMyYz.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT
Interacting with Colette Colette

TddmRqj.png
-

"Go right and then..." Zaiya murmured to herself, her iridescent blue eyes scanning the small holo map before her, tracing the winding paths of the Room of a Thousand Fountains. The name was somewhat misleading; it was more like dozens of interconnected rooms within this vast garden area. She was biding her time, waiting for Aris to finish his tasks before their planned meeting later in the day to explore one of the local burger joints he had mentioned. In the meantime, the young Lovalla decided to wander through the expansive garden, drawn by her love for greenery and nature.

However, as she ventured deeper, Zaiya realized just how immense the garden truly was. The seven-story-tall greenhouse loomed over her, a prominent feature of the Temple grounds. Stepping through the main entrance, she found herself in a labyrinth of winding paths that cut through potted plants and exotic foliage from across the galaxy. Streams meandered under little bridges, their sources hidden from view. Benches dotted the paths, inviting visitors to pause and meditate amidst the tranquil surroundings.

For anyone who was unfamiliar with the layout, it was so very easy to get lost -- Zaiya was starting to wonder if that was exactly the situation she found herself in. Her colors dampened in mild anxiety, a swash of pale yellow and soft grey hues rippling over her mottled spots and markings over her face and arms. By all accounts, she appeared to be another padawan now that Braze Braze took her and Aris Noble Aris Noble out shopping. She wore a decorative white robe that crossed over her chest and tucked into a soft blue skirt that split open to the sides to reveal the white pants she wore underneath. She liked it because it left her arms bare so her markings would still show, allowing her to communicate with them with their color shifting. It was pretty, practical, and made Zaiya feel as if she wasn't standing out like a sore thumb.

Granted, with the way she was walking around in place in a circle and literally glowing a medley of kaleidoscopic biolumicenent colors in her growing concern, it was bound to catch anyone's attention.

"Hmmm... or maybe it was left?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Her thumb swept across the dirt in the palm of her hands with a thoughtful frown. More and more of the soil slowly slipped from her grasp until all of it ended up as a neat little pile at the tip of her boot. There it rested as she slowly pushed herself back onto her feet and into the world of the living again.

In a sense she supposed this whole place, this greenhouse was a marvel. After all, it was basically life at the heart of a dead world wrapped in metal. But that was exactly the problem. This whole thing, nature, was something that should have been the norm was still a curiosity. These beautiful flowers, bushes, and trees weren't providing their blessings openly and freely, their roots were only able to dig as deep as the janitors and gardeners would allow until they eventually pushed against steel.

Being back on this planet brought with it the same foul mood that it usually put Colette in. Despite her time in these so-called civilized areas there was very little joy to be had on a planet such as this. She was thankful that Valery never forced her here, of course, but there were some resources that Colette simply couldn't get anywhere else — such as the most up-to-date library files for one.

So, even if this was one of her few happy places — outside of the MakiRollz Sushi place near the temple — she had a very hard time focusing on what it was instead of what it was not.

She tried to meditate and distance herself that way but there was no real peace to be found today. Either it was the waterworks, or the flap of an insect coming too close, or the tapping of feet, and especially this one pair of feet that seemed to have walked in circles for just a little too long by now.

Colette could hear them coming around again. She sighed and stepped up to the girl. She was shiny, glowing really, and certainly very unlike anything that she had seen before. Had this been any other day, chances were that Colette would have stared at her from afar to try and figure her out, but…

"You're lost." She said and put her hands on her hips. "Where are you going?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya froze. Her eyes went wide, and she gave a slight wince. Immediately, her skin dampened from a rosy golden hue to silver, and a sheepish expression grew over her face as her markings turned a soft pink in embarrassment.

Yup, she caught me.

Biting her lower lip, the young teen Lovalla slowly turned until she faced the tall, imposing -- "Oh, hello!" Zaiya called out, tipping her head back to look into Colette Colette 's expressive brown eyes. Everyone was so tall. Zaiya gave an internal sigh. Why did I have to be a late bloomer? At this point, it will be difficult for me to win my bet with Aris.

"Umm.. well... I think so. Maybe? " Zaiya began her multitude of bracelets and bangles, giving a musical jingle. Where Colette wore a simple, non-descript Jedi robe, Zaiya was joyfully dripping in bracelets, a multitiered lapiz lazuli necklace with pounded silver beads, and dangly tiered earrings that danced with her every move. Add in that she was literally glowing as she spoke in a multitude of colors; it was hard not to stare.

"If you think of it that I wanted to come to the greenhouse and wander around... then no," The Lovalla began, her hands gesticulating in her explanation.

"Bu-u-ut if you take it in the way that I have no idea how to get out of here when I need to... then yes." She confirmed, giving an abashed half grin in self-effacing hilarity.

"The intent was to explore the greenhouse since it is my first time here, and I didn't want to miss anything," she answered genuinely, once again the earlier excitement at exploring the Room of a Thousand fountains returning to the young Lovalla as her hues and shades seemed to brighten again.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:
BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Though Colette Colette 's expression lacked a smile, Zaiya sensed no malice behind her demeanor -- just straightforwardness. It seemed the older teen was merely stating the obvious: Zaiya was unfamiliar with the greenhouse and could benefit from a guide. Not to mention, the Force seemed to ripple around Colette almost as if like water. She as a very nice aura. Strong and firm. Decisive.

It was still weird to be able to sense the Force in people, sense their living essence, and how the Force interacted with them. It was subtle, but for the young Lovalla, it was getting easier to pick up on it.

Brightening at the suggestion, Zaiya's enthusiasm bubbled up, her posture straightening as she responded eagerly, "Oh, that would be fantastic! I've been eager to learn more about the greenhouse, but my friend isn't available right now. I thought I'd try exploring on my own, but having someone else along would make it even better!"

As she spoke, the Lovalla teen couldn't contain her excitement, a ripple of vibrant orange and teal hues shimmering across her skin, reflecting her curiosity and eagerness to learn.

"My name is Zaiya, it is a pleasure to meet you!"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:
Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

It wouldn't have been the first time if Colette had to take a step back and soften her language a little, but this girl — Zaiya as her name apparently was — seemed to understand. Hell, the very mention of a guide seemed to make her change her entire bioluminescence somewhat as she shone just the little brighter than before. How curious.

Despite her relative inexperience with anything other than humans, Colette knew well enough not to judge another survivor by their looks alone. Zaiya seemed delicate by many means, but that didn't necessarily mean that she was. And besides that there was just something rather awesome about 'alien' life. Green skin, no skin, five legs and arms, no legs or arms… It was like an imaginary childhood friend come to life except they weren't imaginary.

That was to say, she kept an open mind. Bigotry and suspicion were things that generally got you killed where she came from.

"I'm Colette." Colette said and nodded her head in greeting. "Well, let's take this from the top, I guess."

"What do you want to see? What have you seen?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

"Colette. That is a very pretty name," Zaiya beamed, her eyes tilting upwards at the corners in a friendly demeanor, a joyful ripple of teal dancing across her skin. The rosy golden hue was already starting to reflect a sort of pearly luminescence. Evidently, the more joyous the young Lovalla was, the more vibrant her skin would gleam, and her bioluminescence would shine more often.

"Oh, well, I started at the entrance and saw the Aldarraan garden… bu-ut I am open to being led anywhere! I just wanted to see as much as possible and learn more about it." Zaiya explained, already fluttering like a bird again as her hands gestured the locations, each motion bringing a slight musical jingle from the half dozen bangles and bracelets on each wrist.

A sudden thought came to the colorful girl, and she glanced at Colette Colette with wide, iridescent blue eyes.

"Oh, I hope I am not bothering you."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Okay, so emotions definitely made her glow, or so Colette seemed to notice as Zaiya spoke to her. What could have led to such a thing to evolve? Was she from a dark planet where it was used to find one another, or was it perhaps a very bright planet where it was used to hide and blend in?

Of course, Colette wouldn't ask about it. She had a task to perform.

"Right, thanks." Colette said and cleared her throat. There was a first time for everything she supposed. Compliments on her name were few and far between. "Well, the Alderaan gardens are downstairs. We're on the second floor, though I figure you know that given the…" She motioned for the big open space in the middle of the room where several creeks from above were coalescing and pouring onto this floor and then the floor below after that. "The hole."

"The stairs down are there in the center, by the way." Colette pointed at them before she moved her hand and index finger to point at the wall opposite of them. "And the stairs up are along the walls."

"I'd show you around and all that but, well, I'm not as good with names and science of it all. I like these plants for their scents and uses."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya grinned. The Lovalla teen gave an excited clap and then drew a little closer to Colette Colette . She was still trying to figure out physical boundaries. Still, in her desire to connect, make a new friend, and learn more about the Room of a Thousand Fountains, she might have edged into the older Padawan's personal space further than intended. If Colette stepped back, Zaiya wouldn't mind; she would just process the information and apologize for her overexcitement.

"O-oo, you know about scents and the uses of plants? I'd love to learn more! My shampoo uses lemon-verbena and citrus oils. I think it smells super nice and fresh." More chatter-box information.

"Then let's wander through, and you can tell me what you know about the plants then!" If she didn't, Zaiya would be just as happy to ask Colette questions and learn more about her.

"Do you have a favorite plant for its scent or use?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Woah, did she trip or something? The glowy girl got closer for a moment and Colette couldn't quite keep herself from raising a brow at her temporary ward before shrugging it off and pointing over towards some purple flowers.

"Lavender is nice." She said rather nonchalantly. "I usually keep that one around for when something needs to smell better, like a backpack or a wardrobe."

"Back home we'd have this small plant that—" Colette stopped herself and began to think. A frown began to twist and tug at the corner of her lips. "Let's not talk about that."

As they approached the open space at the center of the atrium she pointed at a bush down below them that was filled with some big red berries.

"Muja fruit have a nice taste, but they're a bit too sweet for me. I don't like sweet."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Delighted that Colette Colette did not seem to mind Zaiya fluttering about close to her, the young Lovalla teen had a bounce to her step as she was led about.

Bending down, Zaiya took a deep whiff of the lovely purple bush. Immediately, the sense of contentment and relaxation swept over her, sending a lovely, glowing golden-flecked turquoise hue over her patterns. A serene smile lightly danced over her lips for a moment before Zaiya straightened, turning back to look at the brunette. Then Colette abruptly stopped, changing the subject.

Curiosity dappled over her mottled spots in a bright orange shade, her head canting to the side. While not able to read body language like a Lorrdian, Zaiya didn't need to resonate with Colette to discern something had come up to bother her. Concern swept over her in hues of pale yellow.

Instead, she offered a comforting, earnest and friendly smile, "If you feel comfortable later and want to talk about it, I’m happy to listen."

The offer was there; whether Colette decided to take it was up to her. It could be now, later, or maybe never. But there just the same.

"Oh I love Muja fruit. The juice too. You are right, it is pretty sweet," Zaiya added, her bracelets giving a little jingle as she ambled along with Colette, "If you like the taste of Muja fruit, but prefer something less sweet, you should try Dahna fruit. It is tangy-sweet."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

“You’re very kind to offer.” Colette said with a genuinely appreciative smile that was then quickly replaced with a stone faced: “No.”

Colette leaned over the railing and took a deep breath. She hadn’t foreseen this particular conversation today. But then, she wasn’t exactly a seer either. That was Vera’s ‘thing.’

“Tangy-sweet is okay. I grew up without sugar or sweet, uhh… Chemicals. Those things that factories put in food to make them more sweet; addictive. Everything out here seems to be filled with it. But, I’ll spare you the rant.”

Deep breath. At least the air in here was better than in most places on Coruscant.

“Where are you from?”

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Even though the no seemed gruff, Zaiya could tell that Colette was grateful. Whatever the subject was that mired the older Padawan's mind, it just wasn't the right time. There were glimpses of emotion over Colette's tanned visage that were then hidden away as if a curtain abruptly slid close. It wasn't malicious; in fact it almost reminded her a bit of how Braze Braze brought down his mental shields when he had been embarrassed in an earlier conversation a while back regarding bonds and mates.

"Oh I'm from Commenor, " Zaiya began, only to pause and give a little rock of her head as if to say, well not quite. The young Lovalla teen came up beside Colette to also lean against the railing, her colorful streaked magenta, cobalt, and teal hair swaying forward as she peered down. So many people were walking around or sitting enjoying the scenery. It truly was lovely.

"Actually, my homeworld is Volik, a planet in the Unknown Regions. It's hard to get to. But it is nothing like this. Coruscant, that is." Zaiya clarified, taking a deep breath. "It is beautiful. Grasslands and mountain ranges. We have several waterfalls that often feed into deep canyons and underground caves. We grow a lot of fruit, so most isn't processed." Cyan would ripple across her patterns as she gave a wry grin over to Colette, "But...I like to eat all kinds of things. Burgers are delicious! And I just tried these yummy little dough balls with stuffing inside that are called dumplings."

There was a sense that talking about her homeworld made Colette uncomfortable, so Zaiya asked a different question.

"What is your favorite meal then?"
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Commenor. That was rough, Colette had heard enough about it through the headlines alone. It didn't paint a pretty picture. Volik on the other hand was a complete mystery to her though, but then that was true for most planets.

"Sounds like Volik was a nice place." Colette said and shrugged. "I'm from the desert, my childhood was spent hunting and foraging when we could — and we generally rationed a lot."

"No need for salted meats, nuts, and other preserved foods out here though. I found that I really like sushi. Never ate fish before, so the taste is unlike anything else." Colette smiled. "The rice is sticky and sometimes they add too much vinegar that makes it just a little sour. The paste beneath the fish burns so good on your tongue and the fish has this slimy texture that isn't unpleasant."

"... I think I want sushi after this…"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

"A desert world? That's so cool,"
Zaiya mused, genuinely intrigued as bright orange hues dribbled down her mottled spots and patterns. She gripped the railing with her fingers, pushing herself off of it only to draw herself back in. It was obvious the young teen wasn't able to stay still for long. "I haven't been in a desert world before. I've seen holopictures but I'm sure it likely doesn't do it justice."

"I've had fish before, but in soup. How is sushi prepared?"
Zaiya asked, pushing herself off the railing again to start walking, "And salted foods? Do they taste good? I've accidentally made food too salty, and it didn't turn out so good." which meant she had to be more careful with the portions.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Arguably, living in a desert was in fact the very opposite of cool. At least during the day.

"Well, the foods aren't just salted — they are dried too." Colette chuckled for the first time since this conversation started. "Not just left out there to dry though. You usually smoke them or treat them in special little boxes or buildings. It takes out most of the meat taste, but instead the meat lasts for months, probably. We usually ate it all way too fast anyway."

"As for sushi…" Colette looked at the small rice plants up above. "You'd need rice, but it has to be some kind of special rice. Apparently there are different kinds. On top of that you need well-treated, raw fish. Once you know the raw meat is safe to eat, you grab a handful of rice, you form a little ball, add some spicy paste at the top, and then finally a slice of the raw fish."

"The good ones have seaweed though." Colette nodded. "Sometimes they're added as a little belt to keep the fish on the rice, other times it is used to wrap the entire fish and rice like a bury-tow."

"Oh, and sometimes they have these shrimp on them that you're supposed to pluck the tails from, but I have to admit…" Colette grinned in a rare display of embarrassment. "I really like the way they crunch."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Hearing that food could be salted and dried for months was a crazy and surreal thing. Zaiya gave a hop and a skip then flounced in a half spin, walking backward in a swish of her blue skirt. She clasped her hands behind her back, walking backward in a joyful flounce while keeping her attention at Colette.

“Whoa, so the food stays preserved like that for months? With no conservator?”
Fascinating, Zaiya mused, a wonder of bright orange and amber hues dancing over her rosy gold skin.

“Is there a place near here that I could try that along with sushi?”
Honestly trying that out would be great. She could probably enjoy a snack early now before Aris finished all he had to do and they finished their plans.

“Crunchy food is delicious!
Zaiya assured Colette, flashing a wide earnest grin.

“I once had a burger that had these crunchy deep fried onions in it…oh. My. Stars. Was it so-o good!”
The Lovalla teen gave a roll of her eyes in pleasure in remembrance.

“It had this yummy tangy sauce, cheddar cheese, and the buns were toasted…”
a loud gurgle came from Zaiya’s belly then. She hadn’t been kidding, apparently it was that good that her tummy demanded satisfaction for food.

Now it was Zaiya’s turn to be embarrassed, her markings flushing a bright coral hue.

“Whoops! Aha-ha… guess you are not the only one hungry.”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

God, it was like listening to how Colette imagined Aris talked and thought about burgers. The very idea of sticking meat in between bread had always seemed so odd to her, but then so had eating raw fish — much less eating fish at all.

"You're very… Excitable." Colette commented with a small scrunch of her nose and raise of her brow as if to question the glow— Oh, oh that was a good nickname. "Makes you glow, a lot, like a Glowstick."

"Sushi isn't actually crunchy though, it's more… Mushy and sticky and slimy in a way." She clarified and stood up from the railing to turn around and just begin to walk, but not before waving at the kid to follow. "There's a place around the corner from the temple."

"Just… Try to keep it to yourself, okay, Glowstick?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

793UlsU.jpeg

The Jedi Temple
CORUSCANT

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya gave a sheepish grin, a flush of pink rippling across her patterns over her face, down her neck and over her arms. 'Y-yeaah... Can't help it. My kind color shift and use bioluminescence as a way to communicate with each other. Each combination of hues and glow effects basically relay what I'm feeling. " the Lovalla teen explained, straightening herself from walking backward towards walking forward again by Colette's side.

"I'm not as vibrant as other Lovalla though. My hues are actually pretty dull..." her fingers would play with one another fretfully, her colors dampening for a moment in anxious self consciousness, " But that's okay, odds of me seeing another Lovalla are very, very low. And I can at least dye my hair different shades to make me pop more!" she added, cheer returning to her again as an ombre of cerulean hues darted over her skin.

"Ooo... okay, I'll keep it to myself." A pause then, she added, "Well, can I at least tell my three friends that there is a tasty place around here? They like to go out to eat too. I like going out to eat with them. It is so nice to be able to eat with others again."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

"So right now, you're feeling very…" She looked. "Yellow-blue."

A thoughtful frown spread across Colette's face as she thought about what Zaiya was asking. On one hand it would be selfish to keep this one so close to her heart, but on the other it was nice to have a place where she could pretend to be just like everyone else. No obligations and sacrifice for the greater good, just food and people.

"If you tell your friends, they might tell their friends, and all that." Colette grumbled. "But, sure."

They were practically on the way out already. All things considered the greenhouse wasn't as maze-like as it might have seemed when you hadn't learned the layout of it yet. Seeing as the temple was one big skyscraper, the greenhouse itself was just ever so slightly off to the side to give it the space it needed as well as sunlight.

"I usually eat to live another day, but I've been enjoying more 'complex' foods." Colette admitted and shrugged. "I used to tend the stew back home, prepare it and all that when everyone else were busy with kids and family."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom