Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Broad saber best saber

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
nothing beats a laser sword that looks like a sword
Change-My-Mind.jpg

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
a worthy trade-off for class xD, but yes, cant beat the Omni directional cut in some scenarios, though instead of circle cut, you would need to make four cuts and "make" a door

Even though it's not mentioned anywhere from what I've seen, I could imagine there being certain upside unique to Broad Sabers. Being the idea that it could be better at blaster deflection/redirection. With the broader and flatter shape of the blade allowing for greater ease in blocking incoming blaster bolts and aiming them elsewhere. This is really just a theory of mine however, like I said I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Other than that it's really just a rule of cool type deal I believe. Could also just use a Force-Imbued Blade or a normal Sword paired with Force Weapon.

This a very strange weapon imo. Your trading off flexibility and speed for strength from a weapon that is plasma based.

It would be like giving a rapier a claymore hilt. A lite melee weapon like a rapier or lightsaber are meant for speed and maneuverability. Strength of a swing or attack adds no value especially with a like saber as it's going to do the same amount of damage regardless. Your sacrificing a great benefit for something that is useless to a plasma cutting sword as no matter how much strength you put behind it it's still going to cut at the same temperature no matter what.

Speed and versatility will allow you to land more of those cuts. Your sacrificing your greatest benefit for nothing just to look cool.

You want it to do more damage make it burn hotter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom