Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring It, Ori'jagyc

[member="Ember Rekali"] (Editing due to new information.)

Nolan made to turn on third setting of Ray shields on his armor as a precaution, though the slug cannon that sat on the man across Nolan would pass through it. With the Ray shield being useless against something that would dislocate any other man's shoulder after the first shot without the aid of the Force. Ember must not be a normal man, that was certain.

When the barrel bared down on him, Nolan needed to react intelligently. It had been a while since he'd done that. That's how he lost his foot, and how he went darkside. When the wrist launcher moved to meet Nolan's chest, Nolan threw the arm he held aside and used his rocket pack to leap away to minimize the accuracy of the cannon. The first shot took Nolan out of the sky, shattering his left collarbone during and after he hit the ground. The second shot punctured his jet pack. Nolan rolled to the side, detached it and tossed it at Ember. Near blinding pain rolling through his body, but he had enough Adrenline pumping to fire his flamethrower and detonate the fuel inside the pack. Like an incendiary bomb, it covered the area in pure fiery death. The shields stopped the blaze, as it was pure energy and radiation, what Ray shields were made for.

Looking down, there lay the Rhyno. Filtering through the vision selections until he saw the body outline of his opponent. Barely able to confirm the exact position, Nolan rose and trained his weapon on the location. His left arm curled to his chest, but it wasn't going to stop hurting for a long while. Fire, fire and more fire, that's what he fed Ember. It would take everything he had to keep the fight up, but he'd never stop trying to prove his worth to a man who held a lot to some and none to others.

So instead of firing a shot, "For what it's worth, I can see why people follow you into battle Rekali. No ordinary man faces down fire and pain without a set of Beskar 'ones'. Now, what comes after the battle is what makes a man." Nolan turned his eyes and saw his family for the first time. They had been watching their father and husband get pummeled for a value he held dear.

"I was once told, A warrior does not put his own desires above what is right."

"Now no one here knows my honor, knows what I think is right. But I know that fighting purely for money, is not. If I am wrong to say that you do, this here hasn't proven me so."

Nolan lowered his weapon only a minute amount. As the fire simmered, he wasn't sure how it effect the Rekali Alor. Though Nolan was prepared to die for his beliefs, even if no one else cared.

[member="Anija Betna"] [member="Samael Rekali"] [member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Olivia Dem'adas"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] and all the other Naysayers

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Nolan Detta"]

Going into battle without knowing your own equipment was a recipe for absolute, unmitigated disaster.

Ray shields had worked great against the stun gun. That was what ray shields were for, and the Hyperion Beskar'gam had that in spades. But ray shields didn't stop physical objects: particle shields did that, and deflector shields, which included ray and particle components. Hyperion Beskar'gam had no shields which could blunt or slow a shattergun's shot. As a result, Nolan's trust in his Mandal Hypernautics gear had just led him, confidently, to take point blank mass driver fire to the chest without benefit of shielding. Ember winced in a flicker of sympathy as the mass driver rounds impacted the beskar plate at full speed. He heard ribs crack.

But the kid kept moving somehow, aiming for a stomp kick, counting on it to hit. Ember twisted his leg a little and let the broken artificial foot slam into the beskar ridge that protected the front of his knee. As one crushgaunt disengaged from his bracer for an obvious armpit or flamer strike, he noted Detta's attempt to step around to Ember's right. Which would have worked great, except all Ember had to do was step forward with his left foot and pivot to keep facing Detta, bending the elbow of his held arm. The blade hissed past, scoring a line across the bottom of the big shoulder plate. Detta tried again, a shot for Ember's neck, and the Aliit'buir turned his chin down and to the right. The blade glanced off the bottom of his mask, jarring his neck. That left them facing each other, Detta's right crushgaunt clasping Ember's right bracer, their left hands free.

At which point, just Ember kept firing the left gauntlet's mass driver point blank at Detta's gut. There were other solutions -- drop the beskad into his left hand; over-rotate and straighten the arm, snapping it while throwing the bigger man; engage the right gauntlet's Thorn of Ryloth, aimed at the intersection between crushgaunt and armplate -- but he picked none of those. The simplest and quickest solution was just to keep turning Detta into hamburger one mass driver shot at a time. If Detta wanted to keep himself anchored to a point-blank shattergun, Ember was more than happy to provide the natural consequences. Status quo maintained.

Apart from increased soreness in Ember's firing arm, and Detta's broken ribs.

[member="Nolan Detta"]

OOC

Like its more common cousin, the Hyperion Beskar'gam is a Beskar armored suit which emits ray shielding over key vulnerable areas of the wearer when activated. Running off of standard power cells, the armor can operate for up to two hours of continuous use. Though, heavy absorption of weapons fire can deplete a charge in as little as five minutes in some extreme cases.
-Hyperion Beskar'gam
On the back side of these plates and woven into the armorweave itself are various electronic circuits and devices. From these electronics and emitters hidden throughout the suit, the devices that project the ray shields are hidden. The ray shields are projected directly over the existing Beskar plates, but are slightly larger and projected slightly away from the body. There are three setting for the shielding. Setting one just activates the shields that cover the chest and abdominal area, the second setting covers the entire front and rear torso area as well as the shoulders, and the third setting activates shields over the entire body, including the upper and lower limbs.
-Hyperion Beskar'gam
ray shield, a type of deflector shield, was a protective force field. There were two basic types of energy shields: ray shields, which absorbed radiation and blaster bolts and particle shields, which repulsed solid objects. Although ray shields could be used to defend planetary bases, they were more commonly associated with protecting starships from stellar radiation and enemy fire.
-Ray Shields
[member="Nolan Detta"]

The shielding on Hyperion Beskar'gam does not come with three settings for strength. The three settings determine which areas of the body have activated ray shielding over them, and are designed to conserve power by only protecting the areas of the body which require it at a given time.

Also, the ray shielding used on Hyperion Beskar'gam is not capable of blocking or deflecting physical or projectile attacks. It is only capable of blocking energy weapons, such as a blaster or a lightsaber. The shielding system was originally designed so that characters unable to acquire restricted material armors could have an option that would allow them to survive encounters with a force user wielding a lightsaber.

Also, this duel would likely count as one of the "extreme cases" mentioned above. By the five minute mark, the ray shielding would be overloaded and the charge packs would be empty.

Either way, while the beskar plating would be able to survive the impact from a point blank attack like that, any rounds impacting the armorweave would shatter against the beskar wires and send shrapnel tumbling through the wearer's body. Likewise, while the beskar plating would survive the impact, 100% of the kinetic damage would be transferred to the wearer. In this case, meaning a shattered rib cage and possible concussive damage to the soft organs. Ignoring the structural effect of a shattered rib cage, the worst of it all would be the effect such an attack would have on the heart. In all likelihood, the character's heart would be in A-fib or D-fib. It would be like getting CPR from a Jackhammer.

Please do not abuse my technology or use it to avoid taking fair and reasonable hits from other writers. If you have any other questions about how the armor functions, feel free to ask me in a PM.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
OOC/
[member="Nolan Detta"]

You didn't check with me before rewriting your losing move and I'm under no obligation to edit. If you'd asked me first, or made a minor edit, I'd have rolled with it, but this is an entirely new post. Last time I did what you just did, I was sixteen or thereabouts, I got reported, and the thread got locked while staff made me put back the original. Here's the original of yours:

tumblr_o0r5udueHA1rnpi4to1_1280.png

My post stands in relation to that post. I ain't editing.

IC/

At this point, by Ember's reckoning, Detta had taken about half a magazine of point-blank mass driver shots. Dialed down to keep Ember from breaking his arm by firing the dang thing, but still equivalent to a high-calibre bullet. Detta had taken two full blasts of wide-angle riot gun damage throughout his body before he'd remembered he had shields he could use. He'd taken hypervelocity shrapnel to the lower legs. He'd dislocated his hip. His prosthetic right foot was junked. He'd even kneed a hidden beskar vibroblade capable of punching through his bodyglove. And he'd taken shot after shot from the mass driver, while anchoring himself in position.

He'd made bad assumption after bad assumption, mistake after mistake, and gleaned the consequences. Meanwhile, Ember's main injury -- though he had a few -- was the stress of firing his weapon too many times into Detta's torso.

Everyone here but Detta knew that Detta was hamburger right now. A high price to pay for taking one remark about money out of context, but not a high price to pay for calling an entire Clan honourless based on a straw man argument. In the end, Detta had opted to run his mouth way over the line based on a preconception that didn't actually resemble the truth. For that, too, there had been consequences.

Ember limped away from the standing mess that used to be Nolan Detta, and tossed the beskad back to [member="Olivia Dem'adas"].

"Thanks," he grunted, and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom