Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Breathe [Open, Character Intro]

will you sink down to me?
The electricity built into her staff sparked up her arm though she hadn't turned it on.

"Oh, quit," she whispered to herself, each syllable lost to the ambience of Galactic City. Syreni didn't need to speak up anymore to get her desires across to Damsy; she was able to filter Syreni's darker desires out of her own subconscious thoughts and understandings. It had pros and cons over telepathy for sure. Namely, Damsy didn't have to essentially converse with herself quite as often, though evidently she still did, a character quirk she was sure Dagon still remembered her having--hopefully she could convince him, given the chance, that she had shaken the habit. On the other hand, sometimes it was difficult to separate her personal motivations from Syreni's.

Maybe that just meant they weren't too different though. Well, if you were to ignore the glaring flipsides of the Force each called on.

Despite Dagon's response, Damsy drew even closer. Regardless of if he was simply a bit overwhelmed by the rather unusual situation unfolding on the ground now under his feet, or if he was still hesitant to let her help because of the way it went a few times ago (though she hadn't been on his side to begin with back then, so the comparison wasn't exactly fair, but traumatic all the same), she was determined to be of use.

At least from the direction she was approaching, she blocked off one of the droid's possible escape paths. She let go of her weapon in favor of crossing her arms across her chest as she came to a stop.

I see that, kiddo, Damsy telepathed over to Dag with a small smirk on her lips. 'Lucky backup's my middle name. Or, her second. Callat wasn't a real surname.

Kusana Kusana | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Balldozer Balldozer | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze (ok boi, i show u 'oh no')

kobanner.png

W A N D E R

Wearing
Kyyrk held his stance for a moment till the cannons retracted, and slowly lowered his outstretched hand. The droid was, indeed, not a threat. Though the level of sentience it exhibited suggested that it was well overdue for a memory wipe. His lightsaber shut off, and was returned to its mount behind his shoulder with minimal flourish. A clear sign that whomever this Kyyrk person was, he was a man of business. He didn't have time for the flashy and showy. This was also evident in his hair, a short ponytail with shaved sides. The flecks of grey marked him as a being of advancing years, though it was unclear as to his exact age.

"Normally I would leave this matter to the beings it concerns, but the presence of a wardroid freely wandering the streets of Coruscant does call certain measures into question." Kyyrk looked to Dagon, then to Damsy on the far side of the droid. It was a fair point. A model this sophisticated would spell trouble if left to its own devices. And he couldn't imagine that the Galactic Alliance was so lax with their security that a droid with cannons the size of this one would have been allowed to walk free. But then, for all he knew it wasn't the property of the G.A. Still didn't answer the question of what exactly it was doing here, though.

Kyyrk's gaze lingered on Damsy for a while. She'd certainly changed since the last their paths had crossed. But then, so had he. In fact, he had a sneaking suspicion that he'd changed enough that she wouldn't know who he was unless explicitly told. But he was fine with that. The man she would have known had enough baggage. Did enough evil things. He was better left dead and forgotten. Though it did light a spark of hope, if Damsy was accepted within the Jedi, there may be some among the Jedi of this age who could help him. "Madam Damsy. Always a pleasure to see you. You seem to have grown up a bit since last we met."

Balldozer

❝ Do Not Anger The Hamster. ❞
cd39300988ed860dfc6ae20519a3e6e3.gif

de0o1wn-3b3505ca-63ed-4a0b-a239-65c845e84033.png
Of course. It was only a matter of time before the ramifications of his actions caught up with him-- normally he'd have mapped out an escape route, but it seems he had gotten too enthralled in conversation. Just his luck that it would be during a heart-to-heart. The mech's photoreceptor narrows at the raven-haired man, the actual Jedi. Taking another set of precautionary steps backwards, he finds himself raising the quad-cannon just the tiniest bit upwards, and he truly wants to pester the Jedi about all sorts of details, but he figures now isn't the time. Eyes darting between the two men, Gizmo lets out a strained breath, mind racing as it tries to figure out the best course of action.

He wants to turn himself in. To just get it over with. Balldozer knows that he's entirely responsible - he isn't about to deny that. And he's been raised with a good enough heart to know that it's only fair for him to accept punishment after the damage he'd caused. That rationality, however, was at war with the paranoia racking at his brain. Where would he go? What would happen to him? He had just finally began exploring the galaxy, was he really about to spend it incarcerated?
"I'm no wardroid." He states, and he wants to add a 'I'm also not a droid at all, fancy that' on the end, but he holds his tongue. "I feel remorse. And I apologise. But I-" The mech hesitates. "But I had to."

Balldozer turns to the woman. "My sincerest apologies for the bad first impression. Ha. Ha." He's thankful that the mech's voice can't translate the nervousness.

Against his better judgement, he steps back. The quad-cannon, his limbs, everything is retracted inside the mech, a dull thud as the ball falls to the floor. Wordless, Balldozer rolls backwards, only to stop at the sight of a newcomer blocking the path. With a frustrated groan, he shifts directions, rolling to the side as the grapple hook shoots out to attach itself to another nearby building. Guided by momentum, the increased speed allows him to zip past the group, flinging himself upwards onto an above layer, retracting the grapple and rolling away.

He'd run from his problems, but the adrenaline coursing through his veins hadn't made the thought disappear: this was far from over.

[ Kusana Kusana | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer ]

de0o1wn-3b3505ca-63ed-4a0b-a239-65c845e84033.png

Last edited:
The hair on the back of his neck would've tickled had he heard Damsy's whisper at none other than Syreni. The last update on her 'situation' was that it was progressing well, sort of. Instead, it was her telepathic intrusion that widened his eyes and caught him off guard. He should've been used to it, she was a capable telepath.

Guess it's been a while, huh, the Jedi thought to himself before relaying a message through their mental link, well, I won't say nooo..

The surprise of finding out the man with the mask knew Damsy drew his brow together but did not last long; interrupted by the droid's excuse and hasty exit via a grappling hook. Dagon sighed, hesitated for a second on leaving the two mysterious not-Jedi without oversight, then took the decision to pursue the mechball. After all, the mysterious woman and man had not been the ones to level a building and dart with a half-assed excuse.

"Well, it's been nice meetin' ya, folks, but--" he crouched, channeling the Force into his feet, "--gotta dart." he sprung into a powerful force enhanced jump, using walls, roofs, lamps and other street 'wares' to keep force hopping after the mechball vandal.

Whether Damsy followed or not, he'd still manage a message through the Force to her, "that mask guy your friend?"

Kyyrk Kyyrk | Kusana Kusana | Balldozer Balldozer | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat (oh yes bby)

will you sink down to me?
The man she would have known had enough baggage. Did enough evil things. He was better left dead and forgotten. Though it did light a spark of hope, if Damsy was accepted within the Jedi, there may be some among the Jedi of this age who could help him.

If she had been able to hear the hopeful thoughts that preceded his greeting, she would have laughed out loud--probably to Dagon's chagrin if he could have too--not in malice towards the man's true identity whom she did in fact slightly recall, but in uncomfortable pity at a version of her almost a year younger. The definition of acceptance she had flown into GA space with so convinced matched up with the Jedi's dictionary had been a joke. A cruel, cruel joke. Just like her assumption that she would be able to scrub herself of the taint being made Sithspawn left behind.

She very briefly wondered if Dag knew he was playing a part in this galactic punchline aimed at her and all beings like her.

But all she had to respond to were Kyyrk's actual words:

"Madam Damsy. Always a pleasure to see you. You seem to have grown up a bit since last we met."

Damsy was indeed not going to put a different name to a different face until walked though the process, hand held. She had known of Voph when he had been Lord Commander of the Knights Obsidian but, even though she had spent some time training as one of theirs after Blackwing had changed her into a Force User rather than a zombie, she hadn't gotten used to his signature well enough to pick it out in the empyrean. Even assuming it was the same, as hers now was still which she had in her first body, Damsy didn't have the frame of reference.

So, racking her brain of course proved useless. She still tried anyway.

"Uhhh..."

For a not-so-precious moment, she felt like a fryling alone in a cold Kaminoian laboratory being measured by equally apathetic scientists. She shook her head in real time; a bad memory to go back to. After another beat, nothing substantial came to mind, so humor rose up to steady her in the awkward uncertainty:

Madam? she scoffed to herself. Who says that...?

And joked aloud, "Just like one o' those magic sponge pill thingamabobs, yeah." Just add water. Considering the ability of metamorphosis, Damsy never really quit growing up...or down, depending on the direction she was changing. Kinda like phase changes of matter. She ought think up cool names for squaloid-to-human and vice versa, like sublimation and deposition.

"An'...'m unfortunately with him," she offered in the way of farewell to both cosplayers but looking directly at the masked man though the dark shades she had still not taken off. Apparently, the time that had separated him and her had begun to dissolve her manners too, only exemplified by her choice not to directly acknowledge the man's greeting. She did give a salute, small and casual, though, before catapulting herself after her knighted friend.

I thought I just had a parasite, she began back at Dag and referring to Syreni, not amnesia too. I have no idea who that was. She paused for more than an ambitious bound from rooftop to rooftop. To think something over, finding its implication dangling in her face. Despite herself, she laughed out loud, but otherwise kept the sudden realization and succeeding but unrelated joke to herself.

But it was something about Arlo Renard Arlo Renard and missing memories.

Oh, wait, that's actually an interesting idea.

Kusana Kusana | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Balldozer Balldozer | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer |
Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze (ew, i could be ur mom ...pls don't do the math n prove me wrong)

Last edited:
//OOC: I meant to post this last night, but for some reason it didn't go through. I really apologize to everyone. The good news is that the events in my post don't clash with the others if it is considered as before OR after the two most recent posts, so yeah.//

9WJdOLQ.png

Kusana watched as the droid swung away at high speed. A curiosity was gripping her thoughts. She looked around briefly, not to gauge reactions but rather as a sort of silent farewell to the group. She crouched down for a second before bounding off the ground with immense pressure, the Force carrying her through the air to the side of a nearby building, where she jumped once again to gain further height onto the same layer the droid had rolled off to.

As she almost glided through the air, she gave one more glance down to the group. This time, perhaps it was to gauge reactions. No harm in seeing what people thought of her exit, after all. Unfortunately she was too far and it was too dark now to make out much detail on their faces, let alone hear what they were saying.

She had a lot to learn. A lot to learn about the Force, about the world, about herself...but curiosity was what allowed her to learn these things, and she had so often let it consume her with positive rewards that she saw no issue in doing so once again. She began jogging behind the droid at a moderate pace. She knew she couldn't keep up with it in speed, but she could at least track it from afar and catch up just that little bit every time it stopped momentarily.
9WJdOLQ.png

Balldozer Balldozer || Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze || Damsy Callat Damsy Callat || Kyyrk Kyyrk || Lord Letifer Lord Letifer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom