Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Breaking the Ice

//Denon
//Safehouse

Valery was sleeping on her couch now, which left Jem ... on the floor. It wasn't too bad, she guessed. At least the meals were getting better. The risk of fried socks had decreased significantly once Yula left kitchen duty, but there was always the threat looming in the background.

Could you eat baking chocolate?

Jem stretched up on the balls of her toes and plucked it out of the back of the cabinet. She rolled it around in her hand, noticing the expiration date was last month, but it did't look bad.... didn't smell bad either.

She fished out a spoon from the draw and took a large scoop. Her eyes gleamed in anticipation.

And then the flavor hit.

Powder spat everywhere.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Jem Fossk Jem Fossk
With a shopping bag in each hand, Valery carefully made her way up to the apartment. She had only just returned from the local market with Aayla as a guard to keep her safe and brought plenty of groceries back home with her. After seeing what little food remained, and what kind of food, she figured preparing some proper meals would be good for them all.
But as the woman gently nudged open the door, she entered just in time to see an explosion of powder in the kitchen, and a young Padawan with a box of.... baking chocolate?
Valery blinked and cleared her throat to draw Jem's attention.
"Jem? Are you okay?" she walked over and set the two bags down on the floor.
"You weren't trying to eat this powder, were you...?"
She really hoped hunger hadn't driven the young woman that far.
n0m34qi.png

Jem cough powder out of her lungs, every motion sending a fresh puff of brown into the air.

"Why is-" cough "Everything" cough "In this house--" cough cough "A lie??" Looking at you, glass of wine. She weezed and went to the sink, shoving her mouth under the tap. It would be several moments of rinsing and coughing and drinking until she emerged.

Her gold skin had turned bronze with exertion.

"That is NOT chocolate."

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
With widened eyes, Valery watched as the coughing continued, and the Padawan decided to keep her mouth under the tap to wash it all out. The taste of chocolate powder was likely going to linger a bit.
"I'm afraid I didn't get any chocolate, but I can make you a snack if you'd like? Or a proper meal if you're really hungry." Valery asked as she picked up her bags and set them down on the kitchen counter so she could start putting things away.
"It's going to be some time before Yula and Dag get back, so no need to wait on them either." the woman said with a calm tone of voice and a kind smile, as she put away the groceries.
Cooking something up for them was something she'd enjoy, but she hoped to bond a little more with Jem as well. If they were going to be stuck in the same apartment for months, it would help to get along somewhat.
n0m34qi.png

Blah.

Jem scrapped at her tongue with teeth in hopes of removing herself of the taste. It did not work. The teen sidestepped out of the way of the bags and looked, with a bit of hope, for a sign of a milk jug among the pile. They were out days ago.

"They aren't? Where'd they go this time, Tatooine?" No one knew that her and Iris had followed them to Eshan. The barely veiled joke fell flat.

She lingered awkwardly in place, then slid to get out of Val's way entirely. "You know how to cook?" She asked warily, eyeing the woman's stomach as she went. She didn't get much exposure to pregnancies in the temple.

None at all, really. It was all a bit morbidly fascinating. How big could she get till she popped?

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery sideglanced towards Jem as she noticed the younger woman looking at the content of her shopping bags through her peripheral vision. It didn't take a genius to understand that she was looking for something to drink, especially with the strange movements of her mouth, as teeth were grinding over her tongue.
"I'm not sure where Yula is, and I believe Dagon headed into the city. There was a disturbing emergency call earlier, so he's likely looking into those." Valery held up a milk jug, smirked, and slid it over towards Jem.
She then continued unpacking, only looking up again when Jem asked another question, but this time her eyes were focused on her stomach. Valery blinked and looked down briefly.
"Quite far along, hm?" she smiled and chuckled, wanting to show that she didn't mind the look she got.
"But yes, I quite love cooking. It started with just wanting to know how to prepare simple things, so I could be out on my own without having to rely on others. So it involved hunting and gathering, even. But nowadays, I mostly as a way to forget about problems for a little while, and work on something I can enjoy when it's done."
She smirked. "It's also fun to surprise people with a good dinner."
"But if you want, I can cook something up for you now, and maybe even show you a few things. And while food is getting ready, maybe tell me a bit about your training with Dagon? I like hearing about those things."
n0m34qi.png

n0m34qi.png
Valery blinked at the question and stopped putting away groceries to look over at Jem, "It's always interesting to hear about other people's experiences. Find things you can relate to, learn about interests, and have something to discuss."
"Unless you prefer not to talk about it," Valery said as she put away the last groceries — everything except for what she needed to make them a snack.
"But I do think it's nice if we get to know each other a little better."
n0m34qi.png

... Fair... she guessed.

It did make her feel a little weird. Jem wasn't very use to people wanting to get to learn more. All the padawans in her age group had been scared off quite young by her harsh firrerreo demeanor, and sometimes when perceptions were set in motion... everything afterwards became a self-fulling prophecy.

Jem shrugged and pulled herself up a seat at the barstool.

"People don't like to talk to me," she stated, matter of fact, as if Valery was the odd one for breaking rank.

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery perked a brow at Jem's response and reached for some burgers she bought at the market, as well as everything she needed to start preparing them. She wasn't sure if Jem was going to be able to eat the whole thing, but she was at least going to enjoy it.
"Why is that?" Valery then asked as the burgers began to cook. The question perhaps seemed a tad confrontational, but it was a first step to opening up a little.
"You don't seem as open and overly joyful as some other Padawans, but your heart is in the right place." Valery flipped a burger and smiled as she looked at them.
"Going to make you a proper Dewback Burger according to my own recipe."
n0m34qi.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom