Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break the Chains

Adder gave the younger woman a nod and a tired smile — she seemed to be doing a lot of this lately — and run a hand through the mess that was her hair. There was a slight stubble already growing on the shaved half of her head, which was to be expected given the amount of time she spent away from any decent civilization. Some days, she wondered why she even bothered with the hairdo when it was such a pain to maintain.

Then she was reminded of why exactly she'd decided to get it in the first place, and the thought of scrapping it never made it much further.

"Yeah, thanks." A bit more enthusiastically, now. Probably to get rid of the memories.

"I'm… sorry, again, for barging in like this. I swear I don't usually break into other people's cabins." Awesome wording, there. 10/10.

"Speaking of which… I should probably get back," the words nearly tumbled out of her mouth as she tried to move towards the corner of the room where her wristband had ended up after that unfortunate incident with the door and the wall.

"I mean, you're probably tired from all those… Force… things, and your Drexl…," her Drexl what, genius? " and—" great. "Yeah."

"I'll just… go now."

Certain that the color of her face matched the color of her hair by now, Adder quickly swiped the wristband from the floor and made for the door, hoping that the unruly mane would succeed in hiding her embarrassment for the most part.

Kark, what a mess. She wasn't usually this awkward. Sleep? Sleep sounded like a great idea.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Adder"]

Aela petted the Drexl again.

She didn't quite understand why the woman babbled so much, but perhaps it was just her way. Most people didn't react well to suddenly be taken in like this. She understood, she had come across the idea many times. over the course of the last few weeks they had picked up many stragglers. Padawans, soldiers, pilots, all sorts had joined the Covenant. Most of them had reacted much the same way as Adder, if not a bit more forthright with their words. It was an odd thing after all, to suddenly be taken in so quickly and warmly.

She supposed she might have acted the same given the circumstances.

Her head shook from side to side, and the Drexl beneath her hand made an odd cooing noise.

Aela looked down at the larvae and smiled. She still had work to do, but at least she had accomplished something today. Through their hard work they had freed over a hundred slaves, had taken out an entire slaver outfit, and had begun the groundwork for a few medical center here within the outer rim. It was an accomplishment to be proud of, and she knew that it was just the beginning of the good works that she would be doing. The Galactic Alliance would let her do more, and that was what was important.

She smiled and stepped out of her room, leaving the small creature to itself. The Drexl would likely fall asleep, barring any other interruptions by the redhead. Aela herself wandered off towards the bridge, there was work to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom