Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied Bral - Kad'gaid: Horax (B-K:H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
23.jpg01133087-c075-4cb0-adce-728e35e425c1Zoom.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Bral Metal & Engineering
  • Affiliation: Valdus Bral, Bral Metal & Engineering, Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Carbon-Durasteel Armor, Laser cannon components, Particle Cannon components, sensor components, etc.
  • Classification: Walker
    • Sub-Classification: Mech
  • Role: Assault Walker
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Armaments: Very High
    • Dual twin-linked medium particle cannons
    • Dual heavy rotary laser cannons
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating:Average
  • Propulsion: Bipedal
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 1
  • Passenger Capacity: 0
  • Cargo Capacity: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • The use of twin-linked medium particle cannons allows this machine to engage enemies up to two kilometres away with explosive firepower capable of destroying heavy vehicles and above ground bunkers, barriers, and buildings with sustained fire.
  • The mech is equipped with two heavy rotary laser cannons which can easily destroy medium vehicles, infantry, and structures.
  • Carbon-Durasteel Armor is a very strong material that can withstand a large amount of all types of damage in exchange for weight. This material effectively protects the mech even if the shields are compromised.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lack of dedicated anti-aircraft weapons.
  • The rear of the cock-pit has thinner armor.
  • The 'waist' of the Mech is narrow and while it is structural very strong, it is still potentially exploitable weakness.
  • Powerful Ion-disruptors can temporarily shutdown the mech.
DESCRIPTION

The B-K:H is armed with devastating offensive capabilities that allow it to effectively threaten all practical scales of vehicles, bunkers, barriers, and other physical objects. While the B-K:H has a maximum threat projection of two kilometres, it is incapable of mounting a substantive counter-defense against fast moving airborne targets. This setback forces the B-K:H to rely on its significant physical and energy-based defenses in the form of a reinforced ray shield generator and complete coverage of Carbon-Duratseel Armor plating. The B-K:H is rarely deployed on its own and serves in a heavy infantry support role either from the front or from the rear of a formation. Look for the B-K:H to be deployed alongside other equipment and units that can cover its weaknesses or even other B-K:H.

Last edited:
Valdus Bral Valdus Bral

I'm going to refer you to the factory rules for this one, in particular the vehicles rules which states.

Mechs, Walkers, and War Droids, in Star Wars have an iconic, industrial feel. They are not Gundams, Warhammer 40k, Zoids, Titans of Titan Fall, or any sort of extremely over-sized robot with humanoid features and/or erratic animal-esque movements. The permitted aesthetics for all of these items mentioned are those which can be held up to existing, canon examples of Mechs, Walkers, or War Droids.

In your intent, you superficially state that

Intent: To create a heavy infantry support mech.

You even classify this submission as a mech

Classification: Walker
  • Sub-Classification: Mech

While mechs do exists in star wars, the mech used here is far too human looking to be allowed under the Chaos rules. My first inclination is to deny this submission on concept, however, I am giving you a chance to redo the submission into something that does not break the rules of the factory.

If you wish you may either make the adjustments here, or you may request this submission be moved to the pre-factory. You may also request a second chance if you believe that my judgement is incorrect.

I await your decision.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
John Locke John Locke

I disagree with your decision and I would like a second review of this.

If you look at the canon picture of what is presented as a mech in Star Wars I see virtually no difference and went out of my way to find designs that mimic it.

This is in no way comparable to a gundam, warhammer, or any of the aforementioned what so ever. The picture doesn't look human besides having two legs and two mounts for weapons that could be looked at as arms, though they have no functionality as arms besides swiveling and rotation to aim. The only difference is more substantive structure on the side mounted weapons. If this picture is what's causing the issues, then I will just use the one from the canon article, as there's no functional difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom