Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BR-1 Panther Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filius Stellarum

F
sci_fi_assault_rifle_by_venomsedge-d32n8sb.jpg

Image Source: http://orig07.devian...dge-d32n8sb.jpg
Intent: A standard battle rifle for Free Colony militias
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: The Free Colonies
Model: BR-1 Panther
Affiliation: The Free Colonies
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, blaster components, rubber
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 571 mm
Weight: 3.4 kg fully loaded
Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
Ammunition Capacity: 30 shot magazine, 300 shot gas canister
Effective Range: Personal, equivalent to a standard blaster rifle
Rate of Fire: Fully automatic
Special Features: Weapon is light compared to other rifles of its equivalent power
Description: This weapon is a standard battle rifle, issued when possible to the militias of the Free Colonies. It is light, powerful, accurate, and has a high rate of fire, though its magazine can only produce 30 rounds per clip. The weapon is intended for combat amongst buildings and aboard ships, and is the ideal weapon for fights between rival gangs or fighting off invasions from more established governments. It is easy to use and repair, and is very resilient. All in all it is a well-rounded weapon that serves the Free Colonies well.
Primary Source: N/A

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Everything looks good with this one, but I do have one suggestion. Not mandatory or anything, but it might make life a little easier.

Filius Stellarum said:
Ammunition Capacity: 30 shot magazine, 300 shot gas canister
If you incorporate the blaster gas into the magazine, which I'm assuming is the power pack, you'll save yourself the trouble of having to swap out the gas cartridge after 300 shots.

[member="Filius Stellarum"]

Filius Stellarum

F
[member="Rusty"]
I was aware that most blasters used that arrangement. They had a magazine, and a seperate gas canister.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
The trick is to have the magazine pressurize the gas conversion enabler chamber when inserted, and then vent it when the magazine is ejected. Not a very common practice by any means, but technically doable. Anyway, your weapon is fine as it stands, just thought you might find that handy.

[member="Filius Stellarum"]

Filius Stellarum

F
[member="Rusty"]
I'll stick with the old system for now. Maybe a future weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom