Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Bounty Target List Based on Monthly UCs

Inspired by another Bounty/UC-related suggestion (suggested by Cord### Cord### ), I decided to look back on the old Bounty Target list introduced a little under two years ago (has it been that long??) and I had a small epiphany. Almost all of them were the same faces I saw when it first went up, aside from the continual climb of posts each individual accumulated since turning the toggle on. The cause was obvious. If a new person turns on their toggle, and even if they were the most active writer on the board this month and every month hereafter, it would probably take years before they acquired enough posts even to make it onto the list.

This is not a great method. Individuals with tens of thousands of posts that suddenly drop off the face of the earth are going to remain on that list for a very long, perhaps indefinite, time. The Bounty List also includes many individuals who may not have any specific "price tag" associated with them on the Bounty Board.

So, to favor the most actively involved writers month to month and to incorporate the new Underworld UC for a better idea of how much these Bounty Targets are "worth," I suggest (should it be technically possible software side) the following:
  • The Bounty Target List will include the monthly highest UC earning individual with a Bounty Toggle active every month. Once a new month starts, it starts the count over.

This way, we see new faces on the list and give a natural "price tag" to pursue regardless of whether or not an active bounty is listed on the Bounty Board.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Inspired by another Bounty/UC-related suggestion (suggested by Cord### Cord### ), I decided to look back on the old Bounty Target list introduced a little under a year ago and had a small epiphany. Almost all of them were the same faces I saw when it first went up, aside from the continual climb of posts each individual accumulated since turning the toggle on. The cause was obvious. If a new person turns on their toggle, and even if they were the most active writer on the board this month and every month hereafter, it would probably take years before they acquired enough posts even to make it onto the list.

This is not a great method. Individuals with tens of thousands of posts that suddenly drop off the face of the earth are going to remain on that list for a very long, perhaps indefinite, time. The Bounty List also includes many individuals who may not have any specific "price tag" associated with them on the Bounty Board.

So, to favor the most actively involved writers month to month and to incorporate the new Underworld UC for a better idea of how much these Bounty Targets are "worth," I suggest (should it be technically possible software side) the following:
  • The Bounty Target List will include the monthly highest UC earning individual with a Bounty Toggle active every month. Once a new month starts, it starts the count over.

This way, we see new faces on the list and give a natural "price tag" to pursue regardless of whether or not an active bounty is listed on the Bounty Board.

I think it be neat if there could be a quarterly update or list, too. That way, if there's a super active writer most of the time, but they weren't as great for one of those months, they'd still be visible with a quarterly update.

That's extra noodly and definitely a follow-up to this idea.

Which I like, by the by.

I think it be neat if there could be a quarterly update or list, too. That way, if there's a super active writer most of the time, but they weren't as great for one of those months, they'd still be visible with a quarterly update.

That's extra noodly and definitely a follow-up to this idea.

Which I like, by the by.
I like this response.

The time frame doesn't matter too much to me, as long as we ditch the static listing and find a dynamic way to quickly and easily assess who is active enough to be a genuinely viable Bounty Target.

For example, it seems like it would be pretty easy to make a list based on monthly posts (there is already a tracker for this). Which does the same thing, but for me, it drops the aesthetic value of having a "price tag" for my bounties, even if I don't actually get any of the sweet, sweet UCs (besides the UCs from posts the hunt generates).

• Love
Reactions: Ryv

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom