Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

star_wars_incom_r10_cockpit_by_adamkop-d5j8fnf_zpsjidow2sh.jpg

Region: Outer Rim

Sector: No Sector

System: No System

The light from the stars burned in the black void of space. The Raptor's Claw, the fabled ship of Jayce Vitalus, was cruising through the galaxy. The Incom T-85's travels have lead it somewhere near the Tion Cluster, the destination still unknown. Thinking of home, Jayce began to wonder how his family was doing. What they have been up to since his destiny pulled him into the galaxy. He thought of his mother, the once proud Jedi, who abandon her duties for love. She was a beautiful woman, with long chestnut hair, who shared the same electric blue eyes and an athletic body. Even in isolation, she never gave up on keeping her skills sharp. Her name was Allara, the wisdom of the Order. The title ran true even to this day. She believed in all the teachings the Jedi had to offer, and everything they hoped to inspire. Unlike his mother, Jayce believed in the Force, not the lightside or the dark, just the Force. Balance is what keeps life in check. If one entity was taken away, the other side would surely fall as well. Countless arguments were had when Jayce was growing up with his mother. Her teachings of the force were one sided, and his seemed to be non-bias.

Unlike Allara and Jayce, his father Medon, was a non-force user. He was a farmer, a merchant and eventually a smuggler. With a shaven head and a black goatee, he was an average looking male. His body structure was a bit husky but he could get out of a tight spot quickly. He was a man of integrity and honor, something Jayce respected about him. Medon met Allara on the planet of Serenno, the old home world of Count Dooku. After Dooku's demise, the planet became home to many different types of wealthy owners. During the time when Medon and Allara found each other, it was home to Lord Barason Shivec. He was a kind man, little hot tempered at times, who won the love of the people. Lord Shivec was a target for many assassins, whom came to take his life for the benefit of a new Count or Lord, who wished to steal the land his home sat upon. Allara was stationed on Serenno to protect the Lord. Medon, was there to smuggle the jewels from the vault deep within the home. The thieves set it up and Jayce's father delivered it to the benefactor. It was a gig that had its fair share of shortcomings but the pay helped him cruise the galaxy as he pleased.

During one fateful day, Medon found himself confronted by Allara, after she found the thieves. She had left her post on the wishes of Lord Shivec, something that was forbidden by the Jedi who put her there. After the thieves relayed who they gave the jewels too, the young woman found herself face to face with the smuggler. Medon was intoxicated by her beauty and fell in love within seconds of meeting her. She on the other hand, did not return the feelings so easily. There, the two were confronted by a Sith Lord. Though Allara never told Jayce the name of the darkside user, the Jedi remembered the woman's features. She was a Twi'leks in her late teens. Her skin was as red as blood and had the traditional black markings, one would expect, all over her body. "She was a worthy opponent," said Allara in Jayce's memory. "She seemed to know more than I possibly could about controlling the force. And she was only seventeen at best." According to the Gray Jedi's mother, the Sith almost killed her and his father, but Medon had some tricks up his sleeve. Before she finished the story however, Allara became flustered and shied away. Jayce never knew what happened to the Lord or the Twil'lek or even how his father saved the day. It was a story during his last training session with her, and it bothered him that it was never finished being told.

Maybe I should have asked her before I left. That knowledge might have come in handy one day.

The Raptor's Claw began to pick up on an emergency transmission. Honing in on the frequency, Jayce listened to the message.

<If anyone can hear this, please, I need help. I am being chased by a Sith Lord and she wants to kill me. I have crash landed in the deep forest of Raxus.> The transmission cut out shortly after.

Looks like its time to save the day. Jayce smirked and shifted the ship into light speed.

Raxus_zpsuq3iyftr.png
Region: Outer Rim Territories​
Sector: Tion Hegemony​
System: Raxus System​
The Raptor's Claw landed on Raxus with relative ease. It's descension through green trees was met with a snapped branch, or twelve. All in all, it went smoother than usual. Jayce examined the outside extremities of the planet from his cockpit. The lush pine trees dressed the field in an emerald coloration. Thick bushes outlined various places, like jewels in a treasure box full of gold. From his seat, Jayce witnessed a fawn galloping away from the ship. It's eyes meeting the cockpit's windows before dashing away. A small giggle emerged from behind Jayce's tight lips. He looked in a nearby mirror and slapped himself. Rising from his seat, he moved towards the bay doors. The hatch dropped onto the mossy floor that sat underneath the T-85, a crinkling noise taken by the wind. His footsteps making tapping sounds as he descended down the ramp. The Grey Jedi's boots sank into the ground, molding deep footprints. All seemed quiet. When he began to walk, his lightsaber began to speak to him.

<So this is what we are doing? Landing randomly and looking for stray men? You need a girl.>

"Listen, I've talked to plenty of girls. More importantly we need money. Maybe saving this guy will get us a reward." Jayce seemed displeased with what the crystal was insinuating.

<Calm down. I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. I am a LIGHTsaber after all.>

The pun made Jayce cringe. He tried to tune out his new companion. The words of Master Monarch ringing in his head. "A real crystal would speak to you however. Gets annoying sometimes."

Couldn't agree more.

<I heard that boy.>

******************​
The sun shined over the jade landscape, creating a dense humidity that swirled in the air. Sweat from his brow slipped onto his lips, he spit in frustration. Following the trail, he started to notice etchings on the trees. Burn masks, scorched into them by what appeared to be a lightsaber. The streaks appeared to be a few days old, it seemed he was running a little late on the rescue mission. Examining the area, he noticed that the path of burned trees went south and then to the southeast direction. Imbuing his eyes and his legs with the force, he bursted out into a sprint. The speed reached up to forty miles per hour. Using the force to enhance vision, he could see everything around him. Every rock, tree and animal was a clear as day. The trail lead him to a mountain, an entrance to a cavern was slightly to the left. His theory was that, the person who sent the transmission, ran from the Sith and into this cave.

<You don't say.> the crystal said in a mocking tone.

Ignoring his companion, Jayce proceeded to walk into the dark void. Pulling a tiny flashlight out from his back pouch, he illuminated the cavern. Suddenly, a horde of bats flew off scared deeper down the path. Treading down the rocky corridor, his foot touched a rough object that rolled when it was touched. Shining the light upon the strange object, he saw a skull missing its jaw. Its black sockets staring back at him. Deja Vu settled in. He recalled his time at the old Jedi Temple on Ossus, where he found his cross-guarded lightsaber. Many adventures were shared with that saber, he felt his eyes water and quickly wiped them. This was not an environment for emotions to run wild.

For as long as he could remember, he had been walking in the shadows. Jayce was beginning to imagine himself as a Sith Assassin, running the streets at night in search of prey. He never liked killing, unless the matter called for it. Above all else, his honor was his life. Killing random innocents or a contract target, never was his style. He only took the bounties that asked from the person back alive. If he was asked to kill his captive after the delivery was made, he denied quickly, retrieved the money and left. When the customer took it as an insult, they would take a foolish step, end up with broken bones.

The most noteworthy time, was when Jayce was helping the Sea Wrecker gang locate one of their own. The traitor stole some loot from the last mission the gang stumbled upon and ran with it. Jayce remembered their eyes, the burning hatred within them. If they were force sensitive, they would have been driven mad by the darkside. He strolled down the blackened halls of the renegade's ship, the pressure of fear looming in the air. Coming face to face with his target, the man reeked with anguish. He was an Anzat. The Anzat were Human in appearance, with bulbous noses, flared nostrils, and grayish-hued skin. This one, had brown hair, piercing black eyes and tentacles shorter than average. As the Gray Jedi approached closer to the man, the anguish seemed to lessen. It was a trap.

With the last step Jayce took, the Anzat leaped from his position. The tentacles lengthened and reached out for the Gray's face. Pssshhew. A crimson glow illuminated the room, Jayce's lightsaber cut clean through the tentacles. The alien man fell to the ground in pain.

"Did you believe yourself to be my better?" he extended his hand and force pushed the Anzat away. Sliding backward and rolling into a near by wall, the grayish-hued man coughed as the wind was knocked out of him. Back then, Jayce's emotions ran unchecked and his irises changed to a yellowish-hue. "You are nothing more than a pest to me." Raising his old cross-guarded saber into the air, the Anzat began to beg for his life.

"Please don't. I don't want to die. Please."

Jayce snapped out of his madness. He caused the man to levitate. "Let's go then."

The Sea Wrecker gang was not pleased. They wanted him dead, but Jayce disregarded their harsh words. The leader, Baron Rovic, commanded him and aimed a blaster at the Gray Jedi's face. The young man looked at his contractor and sent him flying. "Do not stick things were they don't belong." The credits he was promised flew next to him as he walked out of the gangs lair.

Returning to the present, Jayce continued down the cave's corridors, where he was met with a selection of different door-like tunnel entrances. The flashlight he possessed shined on the floor, hoping for footprints or a trail. There was none to be found. He scanned each entrance. When in doubt, go right. The steps made thuds as he walked down the mineral hallway. The sound of whimpers, cried out in the darkness. What he found shocked him to his core.

It was his old bounty, the Anzat.

The light revealed the man's face. His hand extended to block the light. Tears rolled off his face from what seemed like impending doom. The Anzat male looked up at the man with the flashlight, a sudden look of horror appeared. Both hands touching his seared tentacles. "You! Why? WHY YOU?!"

"Relax fish face, I'm here to help you." Jayce seemed upset at the terror that filled the young male's eyes.

"I'm sorry. She had been chasing me for days, I thought you were her apprentice or something."

"Okay slow down. I haven't asked for your name. What is it? Mine is Jayce."

"M..my name is Vokton Tokte," the man replied with fear still gripping his neck. Making it harder for the Gray Jedi to understand him.

"Hello Voktan. Now what did the Sith Lord look like? You said it was a woman correct?"

"Yes.... She was a Twi'lek. Rose colored skin, golden eyes, wears a black cloak and had robotic parts on her face. She also had a robotic arm if I recall. Though she was wearing gloves, when the left one moved, it made a vvmm noise."

Jayce was shocked from the description until hearing the part about the robotics. It sounded like the woman his mother described but he felt he was being a tad racist. Though the idea of a Twi'lik being a sith wasn't uncommon, he didn't wish to rule it out.

"How did you lose her? I saw saber markings on the trees leading to this place."

"I don't know. I didn't see her before I ran in here, but I did hear the footsteps from down the hall. That was two days ago. I haven't moved since." Vokton grabbed his knees and buried them into his chest. "After running into you long ago, I have never dared to fight someone that strong. Not that I could... Not without my tentacles...."

Jayce looked away and began to scratch his head. "Sorry about that," he said in a low tone. "Anyways, why is she chasing you?"

The Anzat looked away, ashamed. Tears filling his eyes and sliding down his bulbous nose. "I saw her at a bar and noticed she was playing with a ring. It was a sapphire, probably worth a pretty credit. I stole it from her and she followed my ship. I crash landed here but not before I called for help. I hoped for a Jedi Master, and here you are." His eyes began to expand and have a sense of adoration.

"No, I'm no master and certainly no Jedi. I'm a Gray Jedi apprentice," Jayce said with a smile.

"AN APPRENTICE?! HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU POSSIBLY SAVE ME!?"

"Keep your voice down fool! I'm stronger than I look. Listen, I'll get you out of here, but I need a reward for doing it. Give me that, and your life is saved."

"I have no credits but I will give you the stolen ring." Vokton smirking as he said it.

"Right... Place the blame on me so you can run. Do you want my help or not?"

Vokton agreed to the assistance, in return, he would find a way to pay the Gray Jedi for his services. Walking back the same corridor as before, Jayce felt something amiss. The blackened void in the cavern seemed to swirl around the two men. It was poisoning. Jayce grabbed Vokton's arm and sprinted for the exit. Something was coming.

The encroaching darkness was unsettling to say the least. A presence was devoid of life, happiness or mercy. It slithered around the two men and began to strangle their hope. All signs pointed to no where and the room seemed to be getting colder. Jayce and Vokton were close to the exit but they were frozen in place. Every bodily instinct was telling him to move but the Gray Jedi couldn't will himself to do so. All of his muscles refused to obey his brain's commands. He was paralyzed, not by fear, but by his own weakness in the force. Jayce has walked among the light and dark, yet he has never faced someone who was pure darkness. The black void that replaced the soul of its vessel. It was like nothing he has experienced before.

<You can do it. Use the force, let it guide you. Escape now!> The echoes of the crystal cried out to him.

The force will be my guide. Summoning his strength back to him, Jayce moved his right foot forward. Every step took more energy than he thought he had. It felt like quicksand grabbing at his feet. Sweat pouring from his brow, the intensity grew and flared. Three more steps, that's all they needed to escape. Suddenly, Vokton flew across the path, clearing the doorway Jayce tried so hard to reach. He too, was grasped and flung forward. The young man was against one of the trees that lead him to the cave. This time however, it had a giant x carved into it. It smelled of burning oak and warmed his back.

"Thank you for bringing this weasel to me. I thought about collapsing the entire cave, but he still had my amplifying ring. You have brought me both. I'll think of it as gift." The mysterious figure began to chuckle as she clutched Vokton's throat.

Jayce was trying to get free, but the figure's power was too great. "Who.... are.. you?"

The mysterious person turned around. It was the rose skinned Twi'lek who Vokton described. Cybernetics aligning the left side of her face and her eyes burning red like Jayce's old crimson saber. "My name is Darth Shilus. Pleasure to meet you, Jayce Vitalus." Her grin made her cheeks press into her robotic parts.

The sense of dread slowly seeped into his face. Power overwhelmed him, claws sunk in and clung to him. Every bit of movement was a struggle, making matters worse. His body was growing weaker, just from trying to break free. Darth Shilus proved to be a stronger opponent than anyone Jayce has faced so far. His eyes landed on Vokton, who was still being choked. The Anzat's hands grasped the Sith's arm trying to break free. His legs swung back and forth, as if he was trying to touch the ground. As he swung there, Shilus began to tighten her grip. A sharp high pitched servo sound resonated from her left arm and was carried by the wind. So its true, her arm is cybernetic as well. The Twi'lek started to giggle as she watched the man squirm.

"Now that you are safely in my hands, I think it's time you gave the ring back." Her grin did not faultier. The robotics that clasped to her face were still being pinched by her cheeks. With one twist of the wrist, she completely snapped Vokton's neck. His body fell to the ground like a bag of stones. Shilus' eyes radiated with delight as the body slumped onto the ground. With a wave of her hand, the ring was stripped from the Anzat's pocket and floated into the air. The sapphire gleamed in the sunlight, revealing every cut from when it was crafted. The crimson woman glared back at Jayce and started to walk towards him. Slowly and seductively, she was soon face to face with the Gray Jedi. "I have an idea. Your aura suggests you walk the path of both light and dark. A calm balance swirls inside of you. I bet it gets real hard to control the darkside, doesn't it? I could train you. Become my apprentice and I will show you powers you've never seen before."

She tempted him, whilst continuing to humiliated him on the tree. Though Jayce wished to unlock more techniques in the force, he knew his mother would disown him for siding with her old enemy. "Thanks but I like to keep my head on straight. I enjoy walking this path of balance. You offer slavery and madness." Replying with any words besides "yes" made the Twi'lek angry. She slapped him across his face. A red mark rested upon his right cheek, inches under his scar. Jayce grinned. He thought this was the end for him and didn't wish to delay it.

"If you will not join me now, I guess I can spend sometime persuading you. I will break you, until you relent. You will suffer till you say the word, yes." Her mouth widened and a maniacal laugh bursted from her throat.

A look of horror soon replaced Jayce's cocky grin.

Day One
Somewhere in the outer rim, there he was, Jayce was on a table with metal claps holding him down. Blurry vision and no memory of how he got there. It was pitch-black, a smell of iron filled the air, a crushing feeling on his wrists and ankles. The lights splashed on, Darth Shilus approached him from a blast door. Screeching alloy burned the Gray Jedi's ears, laughter soon crept into his head as the Sith grew closer. The darkside aura slipped over him, it engulfed the room, clouding his vision once more. A sudden burst of pain splintered through his body, lightning glazed over his teeth. Droids with sharp knives for hands, dragged their metallic fingers across his skin. His cries of agony soaring over the table and reverberating off the walls. The torture had begun, Shilus was not satisfied, she wanted more blood on the polished steel table. It rushed from Jayce's body, gushing from every wound, and cementing itself on the once gleaming surface. Once he began to cough up blood, Shilus stopped her droids. The table began to shift, Jayce was now facing the floor, blood dripping from his lips.

"It would be a shame if you began to choke." The Sith laughed uncontrollably. Her eyes glaring at the backside of the table that was now topside. Watching Jayce's feet twitch, she released another segment of force lightning. Stopping in the midst of his screaming, she spoke again. "Become my apprentice. Give into the darkside and this will stop. I will mold you into the most powerful weapon the galaxy has ever seen. Join me and you will become an entity of chaos."

The blood boiled as it rushed to the floor from his widened mouth. His body was like a candle as the flame came down. Every ounce of him was riving in misery. "I will not serve you. I choose my masters. You are not one of them." Hucking a loogie of blood filled spit onto the ground, he snickered, mocking the Sith.

"Is that so? Well if that's the way you want it. You can sleep like that tonight." Shilus soon turned to the blast door from which she came. The durasteel doors separated and she began to pass through the threshold. Before leaving, she left him with a small speech. "You know, I don't plan on killing you. I plan on having you tortured for a long time. So either you join me, or you suffer forever. Your choice." The doors slammed closed and the lights dimmed.

He was alone in the blackness again. He was to weak to do anything about his predicament. He tried to call upon the force to give him strength, nothing happened. Strapped to the table upside down, blood pouring from the table and hitting his bare leg. Jayce realized that Shilus removed his clothes, everything but his undergarments. His blood was warm at the touch, but soon grew cold over the long night. He tried to sleep but failed, the pain grasped at his body and would not let go. The Gray Jedi was left with nothing but his thoughts, anger swelling inside of him. Calming himself and looking to the void that was the floor, he thought about home. His mother making her famous pikobi stew, grilled with potatoes and corn. Looking back to his days on the street, climbing buildings and running for miles, the cool air brushing his face and lifting his spirits. It was training everyday non stop but it made him stronger. These memories made him feel weak with anguish. If he had gone to the Jedi temple and learned the ways of the Jedi, maybe he wouldn't be here. Maybe he would have became a padawan to, hopefully, a great Jedi Master. They would have crossed the galaxy until, he too, became a master. The thoughts were soon drowned out. He chose to become a Gray Jedi and he believed it was a stronger choice than picking a side. Jedi fear what they don't understand, and Sith crave power. There needs to be a balance to it all. There needed to be someone to uphold the line. Jayce selected this path, now he must deal with the consequences.

Now to get through day two...

Day Thirty.
A month has past since Jayce had been taken capture by Darth Shilus. Every day since the first, the Gray Jedi was a subject to her torture. The morning was filled with broken bones, slashed flesh, and insanity. By afternoon, he was forced to suffer through intense gravity sessions that almost crushed him alive. Finally, when evening came, he was healed back to full by the Sith Lord. Her extensive knowledge of the force allowed her to sooth his injuries with easy. The cackling of her laugh made hatred grow inside of Jayce. This place was a nightmare, one with little escape. For the first four days, he refused food and water. He gave in on day five, knowing he grow weak and die if he refused. The thirst was the first thing to get to him. Especially when water was offered next to a loaf of bread. The lightside of the force became dark and clouded, but Jayce did not break, he continued to believe in the balance.

The force insanity was the worst for him. Visions of his friend Jimmy seeped into his thoughts and clawed the walls of his mind. The dreams of his life being snatched away fueled him with rage, changing his irises from their electric blue coloration, to a crimson red varnish. The darkside aura that he emitted was like fire, but he pulled back. Shilus was displeased. She took tiny needles and shoved them under his fingernails, into the spaces between his toes, his ribs and eyes. Black aura exploded from his body, blowing back the Sith's miserable droids. The droids levitated into the air and were crushed. It soon stopped, Shilus was beginning to show signs of joy on her face.

"You're growing in hatred my apprentice, that is good. You will be a strong Sith, I promise." Chuckles leaping from her lips.

Jayce looked at her, his eyes were burning with fury. "I will kill you... I am not your apprentice." A bloody grin danced across his face.

A shock of force lightning struck him like a bus. The blue lights seared his flesh and glazed his teeth. His body bounced off the table and his muscles spasmed. A chill soon swept over his body. The Twi'lek began to heal his wounds with the force, making every inch of damage disappear. "Till tomorrow then." Shilus left, the durasteel doors slamming behind her.

The clasps dug into his wrists as he struggled to break free. This was the first time she had left him in a healed state after a session. Screws from the clasps began to untwist from the back of the table, the force spinning them and giving enough leeway from him to pop them off. His knees and palms slammed to the ground, a shock of pain splintered through his wrists and legs. Biting his tongue to keep silent, he proceeded to get up, not wanting to alert anyone. The Twi'lek messed up on her campaign to subdue him. She had given him the tools of his escape. She wanted him to be able to walk when he finally agreed to her terms, so she made him walk once a day to keep the blood flowing. Of course, he had a chain wrapped around his wrists and ankles, a 100 ton metallic sphere strapped to the end. He paraded around the room for her amusement for hours, but every moment was reprieve from the anguish he suffered. Now that he was healed from today's trails, it was time to move. He gazed at the solid metal doors in front of him. Closing his eyes and looking to the force, he concentrated. Slowly raising his hands, the doors began to shift and creek, then suddenly opening. Shilus was standing behind them, glaring at Jayce.

His eyes widened as he peered into her gold irises. The Gray Jedi's back slammed against the wall, south of the exit. "Did you really think that I would forget? That I would slip? I wanted you to believe freedom was close, in reality, it wasn't. You are mine!" Jayce was flung into the air, smashing into the ceiling above. "I am your master! You will say yes to me!" The Sith slid her hand across the air, sending him to the east side. His left shoulder smacked into one of the scrapped droids. "I am your alpha!" Another wave of the hand into the northwest. "I am your omega!" Jayce was sent straight back into the ground below. "You belong to me!"

The pressure of her force grip kept Jayce on the floor, he squirmed to get free. "Why? Why do you want me as your apprentice?!" His voice howled through the torture room.

"Because. You will bring fear to my enemies. Pain to my slaves. Fear to everyone in the galaxy. I will make you my weapon. And when that is finished? I will use you to find and kill your mother and your father. I will have my revenge!." Her eyes burned with great intensity, and spit flew into the air as she yelled.

The anger reached out to him. His emotions spiraled out of control and his power grew. "I will never do that!" Jayce rose from his spot on the plated surface, his eyes the same crimson red as before. Extending his right hand, he unleashed a mighty force push, sending Shilus flying. "I won't kill in your name. I will not allow people to believe they are weak and should be afraid. I will destroy you!" Watching her fall into the next room gave him a sense of satisfaction, but there was no time to waste. Imbuing the ceiling with the force, he brought it down on top of Shilus. The large chunks collided and small debris soon followed. The time was now. Using what little energy he had left, he broke out in a sprint, his undergarments flowing in the wind. Turning down a few hallways he soon passed by a room to the left of the hall, he heard a voice.

<In here Jayce.>

Sidestepping, the doors opened to his arrival. His clothes were laid out in a glass case, his saber resting on top.

<There is no time to put on your robes, grab the gear over there.>

An ebony jacket, boots, gloves and belt sat on another table. Quickly gearing up, he soon felt the ground tremble. Shilus was moving the rubble that laid above her. An explosion of energy swept the bits of metal away, a force barrier dissipated as she crawled out. Her aura engulfing the halls of the fortress. Jayce put his Jedi outfit into a cloudy colored backpack, and his saber safely on his new belt. Running again, the place appeared to be empty to him. The hanger was on his right, a few meters down from his current location. As he approached the hanger, he bore witness to a large frigate sitting at the center. His eyes looked for something smaller, more compact. Nothing could be found but the four hundred meter frigate.

<It's this or nothing Jayce!>

Nodding, he ran to the hatch, the aura growing closer to his location. Jayce's boots squeaked on the ramp of the massive ship. Dashing to the elevator, he was lifted to the second floor, soon jogging to the cockpit. Setting the navigation to Raxus, he punched the ignition. The ship was soon grabbed by something immense, Shilus was gripping onto the frigate. The Gray Jedi hopped from his seat, set it to auto pilot, and ran back to the hatch. Shilus stood there, twisting her hands and bending the engines of the ship. Jayce stood upon the ramp, gazing at his opponent.

"Be gone!" he screamed. His rage at his torturer was unyielding and caused the darkside to take another step inside his body. Jayce's voice was carried by the force. It leaped at the Sith Lord and knock her away, releasing the frigate from it shackles. Grasping his throat, he looked at what he had wrought. His enemy was flat on her bottom and her dark aura was swirling around her. The Gray Jedi was in awe, but had no idea what it meant. Not knowing if he could even repeat it. What just happened?

As the ship left the hanger, Jayce gazed upon his prison from afar. It was a fortress but it was no bigger than your average docking station. It was simple and out of the way. The sight of it was something he wished to never see again. All that was left, was to return to Raxus and reclaim the Raptor's claw.

For now, the frigate would have to make do.

I kind of like the name, Dragon's Lightning.

arion_frigate_commission_by_adamkop-d7b0uvn.jpg

*Dream*​
Running through a series of hallways, never seems fun. The light at the end of the tunnel never comes, only goes further and further away. Time slips and walls shack. The dream was a broken record, it repeated till the images were burned to memory. Nightmarish visions taken the place of fond moments, a silhouette of terror engulfing the brain. A play constructed from a month of torture, a vacation from safety. Sounds of clicking and clanking from the droids buzzed in the ears. The bacta tank healed most of the wounds, that's when it got darkest. With every injure turning into a scar, more pain was anticipated the next day. Razor blades cut the flesh, tiny needles shoved into the eyes, and intense gravity was just the tip of the iceberg. Some days consisted of being force choked till the point of suffocation, then being released. Other times, were being force gripped by both hands and feet, almost being torn apart. But nothing, compared to having one's mind locked with one as vile as a Lord of the Sith. Visions of the loved ones being cut down, made the blood boil. Screams riled up and anger took hold. Fear submerged the mind, making it hard to think of what was reality and what was an illusion. Time splintered off, turning hours into days and days into weeks. By the time it was time to escape or even contemplate it, the mind was already fractured.

*Present*​

Jayce knew he had changed. After a month was stolen from his training and his life, he was frustrated. Dreams of his mother, father, friends and even innocent people, invaded his thoughts. The cockpit of the four hundred meter long frigate began to shack. The force spiraled around him, a crimson aura, burning like a red giant star. The blood red irises had reemerged, replacing the electric blue that once stood proud. Jayce moved from the captains seat and slammed his hands onto a table close by. "I will kill her! I will destroy her for what she has done." The Gray Jedi was being haunted by the visions of his dreams. The ilistrations of madness and despair, that followed him into the morning. They never left his brain, not even while he was awake. The pain he felt during the long sensations of torture, returned as random moments, causing him to fidget. Those thirty days did more to him then he anticipated. It was causing madness in his mind and his heart.

<You must calm yourself. If you continue to act this way, you will lose yourself to the darkside.>

"Shut up! I'm in complete control of both sides. I am the best. I am.." Jayce was interrupted.

<We both know that is a lie. You are still an apprentice. Relax and train. Get stronger for the next encounter, you will need the rest.>

Jayce stood there, motionless. His eyes returned to their natural coloration. The Kyber crystal was right, he was still a novice. That is why he had lost and was captured.

"What is your name?"

<Excuse me?> The crystal seemed to be confused at the sudden question.

"What is your name? I never asked if you even had one." The Gray Jedi's head was down, his eyes gazing at the floor.

<Monarch use to call me Merose.> The crystal replied.

"Then I shall call you that too."

Jayce sat back into the Captain's seat, saying nothing more to Merose. Light-speed was ending soon, Rexus was almost in view, the Raptor's Claw was about to be reclaimed.

He pondered to himself. Was he in control of his emotions? His mind drifted, the air was stall and lacked feeling. Jayce was unsure of himself, his rage had festered just as it did on Jimmy's space station so long ago. The Grey Jedi's hand formed a fist, he slowly raised it into the air and looked at it. Unclenching, his hand took on the form of a claw, black light sparking from finger to finger. Jayce thought about his adventures and the good he believed he was doing. The lives that gained a few extra seconds, or the ones that were taken in mere moments. Thousands of mercenaries, soldiers, bounty hunters, and hutts, thrown into the ground by his blade. This new enemy had done something to him. Like the Jedi Master, Ravac, they had torn him apart on the inside. Every memory began to flood in, taking shape and twisting into something more demonic. Something cold began to stretch from his lower back to the stem of his brain. He closed his eyes and began to meditate on everything that had transpired. He remembered his time at the Temple of Judgement, the killing of the apprentice. The time on Hoth, trying to survive against an army in the cold. The training on his home planet with his mother. Finally, the last face to cross his thoughts was his late master. Monarch stuck out like a rose among the weeds. His teachings, as small as the were, made a huge impact on his current level of knowledge.

The crystal began to speak up but was immediately cutoff.

"Your full name was Joshua Merose Monarch." Jayce's voice trembling, tightening. Tears began to form. "I shouldn't have been so foolish. By all that is, I must be the dumbest person in the galaxy."

"To be fair, there was some truth to what I told you. Yes, you have finally figured it out, like I knew you would." Merose snickered.

"Can you reveal yourself to me?"

"No. I never finished the training."

"Because of Kevros and I... We stopped you from finishing it."

Jayce tilted his head back into the captain's chair. Tears streamed from his eyes to the bridge of his nose, until they finally dripped from his chin. Do I destroy everything I touch? His mind was clouded, memories began to flood in once more. Screaming. Torture. Anguish. A voice lashed out in his mind. A path to the Darkside! Jayce raised himself from his chair with great haste, roaring at the top of his lungs. Running to the cargo hold, he disconnected his saber from his belt. Igniting his violet blade, he began to swing at everything that was in the large space. He continued this for a moment before falling to his knees. Unknown to him, his eyes were that of crimson red, his corruption taking shape. The voice spoke out once more, "Give into your hate! I can feel your anger! Release it!"

Calmly, Jayce's eyes closed, the wrinkles in his brow began to unburden and he whispered, "No."

Hovering above Raxus' atmosphere, the Dragon's Lightning began to descend. The trees underneath the colossal frigate began to shake and splinter. The beasts of the wilds began to run in horror as the giant obstruction began to slowly lower itself upon them. As the ship landed, the trees that parted on its approach, soon covered it, causing it to be hidden from ships passing by. Everything around began to settle, as if the last few moments had never transpired. Dread seemed to loom in the air. In the cargo hold, Jayce sat there on his knees, fists slamming the metal plates. His hair had become so long since the beginning of his journey, that it hit the floor in front of his face. Angrily, he threw it aside, it whipped to his other shoulder and brushed his nose on the way back down to the ground. Aggravated, Jayce ignited his saber once more, grabbing the mane and slicing it off. Tiny bits of hair soon sprinkled to the ground like snowfall on Hoth. Holding out his left hand, he examined the long black strands that seemed to shine in the light.

"I think I need a shower." The rage had passed, his irises returned to their normal blue hue. Jayce slowly walked down the hallway, away from the cargo hold and took the elevator to the living quarters. The Dragon's Lightning was a marvel to the young Grey Jedi, for it had everything that he was deprived of for so long. Breathing room, a shower, toilet, kitchen and what he considered a good training area. This however wasn't his ship. It was a stolen vessel and was probably being tracked. His ship was the Raptor's Claw. The ship that has been with him since he began his search for a lightsaber schematic when he was a teenager. The ship that saved him from near death multiple times and never lost a firefight. The memories created in the T-85 could never be stolen or soiled. That is why Jayce had returned to Raxus, that is why he will reclaim what is his.

As the water poured over his head, time around him seemed to be slowing down. Every droplet hitting his skin like a pebble, the tension was becoming too much. His right hand reached for the back of his neck, rubbing it back and forth trying to calm himself down. Something was amiss however. There was a large lump near his brain stem, it became itchy when touched. Probably a scar from the torture, he thought to himself. Jayce turned the shower off and began to wipe himself off with a towel. The cloth cuddling his skin with each pass. There was two sets of clothes in front of him now, his master's robes and the combat attire that he stole when fleeing the enemy's base. His fingers wrapped around the black cloak with silver lining, a sour taste soon entered his mouth. I don't deserve to wear these. He placed them back onto the table and reach for the combat suit. The Grey Jedi began to put on his undergarments, followed by his onyx colored pants, matching jacket and gloves. Next was attaching the various pouches, utility belt and combat vest. Sitting on a wooden chair, he proceeded to slide his ink colored boots on. The final touch he made was grabbing the strap on his left glove, he gave it a wiggle, tightening it to its maximum capacity. It's time to take back what's mine.

The hanger door began to open, a breeze of hot air brushed against the young man's face. A smile began to shed from his stony expression. The footsteps from his boots began to tap against the metallic floor, once hitting the forest's surface, the sound of crunching echoed through the trees. Besides the crackling of twigs however, all was quiet. It was unnerving, the silence was creeping and it was frustrating. No animals grazing, no birds chirping and no predators hunting. It was stale. Walking along a man-made path, Jayce began to sprint, dodging on coming trees and jumping over rivers. Taking a sharp right at the cave where this all began and moving a few clicks up, the Raptor's Claw was sitting there, in all of its glory. A tear emerged from Jayce's left eye and streamed down his cheek. I'm back. He noticed a small group of soldiers huddled around his ship. They were a part of the military unit station on the planet, investigating the area after seeing the Raptor's Claw from the sky. The ship was surrounded by caution tape and signs that said "Keep Out." Jayce look at the scene with disdain.

"Freeze! Stay where you are!" Shouted one of the military men. His uniform appeared to be different from the rest, gold etching and blue strips, which signified to Jayce that this man was the commanding officer.

"That's my ship. I was captured by a Sith Lord and I fought my way back here to get my baby." A small vein protruded from Jayce's forehead as he gestured to the spacecraft.

"Well we can talk about this back at the..." The officer was tuned out by a voice in Jayce's head. Let it rain. A rupture of flames imploded right in the center of the group, exactly where the Raptor's Claw was sitting. The Grey Jedi was flung backwards by the winds of the breach, falling into a unearthed cavern. His eyes caught a glimpse of smoke and embers rushing above the hole before falling unconscious.

Jayce awoke, groggy and in pain. He was sure that he had broken at least three ribs. His vision was blurry, but his eyes slowly started to focus. It was night now, the cold night air cutting his face. Struggling to get back on his feet, the young man clung to a rock hanging on the wall and pulled himself up. The tricky part was climbing out of the cavern, but hardest part for Jayce was facing the truth of what was on the surface. Rock by rock, almost like it was forming a ladder, he reached the top. Head poking out, he looked upon a wasteland of ash, rocks and burned stumps. Human skulls poked out of the soot like diamonds in a mine shaft. This did not phase him, nothing phased him now. The Grey Jedi was broken. His quest to reclaim another piece of his history was now ruined. Everything that he had when he left Onderon was lost for good. His clothes, his cross-guarded lightsaber and now his ship, gone forever.

"Yes. I can feel you falter. I can sense your anger growing. Come back to me my apprentice!"

"Where are you, you snake!" Jayce could hear the voice of the Sith Lord, as if she was right behind him.

"Did you really think that I would track a useless ship that you could just abandon? I implanted a chip in the back of your neck! I knew where you were and saw what you were trying to do. I have given you the last taste of defeat, by doing so, I have brought you one step closer to the Darkside. You thought you were free. You thought you could escape and ride the stars once more. Don't make light of me. I will continue to break you till there is nothing left and then corrupt every last cell in your body."

Jayce removed his right glove and instantly went to digging out the chip that was connected to his body. The nail on his index finger buried itself into the skin, blood gushing as it proceeded. Finally, it was removed, his hand soaked with crimson red. Using his left hand, he reached into his utility belt and grabbed a small piece of cloth. Wiping his hand, then wiping the chip. Placing the glove back on, he looked deeply into the black piece of metal, a gleaming white light shined in the night.

"All you have done is teach me to let go. You've also taught me that I need to start training more aggressively that I have ever done. I am not taking anymore shortcuts in the ways of the force. You will feel my wraith when I am finished. Better keep one eye open." Jayce's face was contorted into something monstrous.

Laughter began to erupt from the chip, it seemed to manifest right in front of him. She was laughing at him with such ferocity, the Grey Jedi just looked away in disgust.

wZLwO0k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom