Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bored. Just plain bored with my life.

Ali finished packing early enough into the night to grab some shut eye. As she was leaving her bags by the front door in the living room, she stopped to glance at the rifle resting above the stonework mantle piece. "I acquired that from my mentor," Myra's voice came from the kitchen. Ali turned to look and saw her mother leaning against the column that separated the living room and dining area. "It's a Verpine shatter rifle, reworked into a carbine." Ali's mother's face was shadowed, lit sparsely by the light of the fireplace. Outside it was dark; Folor and Brelor, the planet's moons, wouldn't crest the horizon until morning. Myra Hadrix pushed away from the pillar and stalked calmly to the fireplace, lifted the rifle from its place on the mantle. "I want you to have it." Ali watched her mother curiously, the woman wasn't known for having a love of ceremony. No, this is something different. She's accepting her retirement. She's passing on a torch. Ali joined her mother by the fire, took the weapon into her hands. It was light, but dense, powerful. "It'll certainly reach out and touch somebody." Ali's mother remarked, a dark smile touching her lips. She slung the weapon over her shoulder, the leather strap tugged gently at her tank top. Ali embraced her mother, "Thank you, buir." She muttered.

Some hours later, Ali was awake and dragging her bags outside. She spied Solan nearby, moseying about. "Hey kid, you have your own ship?" Ali jerked her head over toward the large tarmac on the property. "Because I've got mine if you need a ride." Ali walked down the steps and dropped her bags onto a hoversled that was sitting on the floor of the small attached garage. She kicked the activation switch and the sled jumped into the air at waist height; Ali began shuffling it toward where her starship rested. The T-6 Shuttle was in decent shape, and equipped with plenty of minor modifications to make traveling on board more comfortable. Ali slapped open the rear bay hatch and shoved the hoversled inside, then dumped her bags and returned it to the garage. She waited just outside the vessel to find out if Solan would be joining her on board.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Ali Hadrix"]

"Nope, i flew commercial, had this baby kicking my seat the entire way here. It was such a pain." He smiled as he looked up and across the ground at the woman as he had returned to the homestead a few hours back and slept a few winks there on the ground. "Oh and whats this Kid business, im not that much younger than you beauty, and probably just as good a fighter." He grinned a bit wider as he said this and rolled up into a sitting position as he pulled the speeder around and towards the ship. He looked it over for a few seconds, eyes focusing on its features and his hands tapping his side as he studied it. "Nice ship you have here, been a while since ive been around one of this design."

Ali nodded. So he'll be flying with me then. She confirmed to herself. "Don't worry about the kid business, it's nothing. But you look like you haven't started shaving yet, and I'm almost forty." Ali ignored the 'beauty' comment, she wasn't a fan of come ons from men. For a brief moment, she wondered how poor-mannered a person she was coming off as. The thought brought a sigh to her lips and she frowned. "You've probably plenty good a soldier, now come on, hurry up, I want to be skids up in ten minutes." As Solan approached with the speeder, Ali pointed vaguely to it. "I hope the speeder's a rental, because I don't have room for it." She told him, smirking slightly. "Not in one piece, at least."

[member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom