Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Border Security: Dosuun's Front Line

What might have been perfectly obvious was far better to hear out loud, a form of emotional assurance more than anything. After all, words were only as good as the mouths that spoke them, or fingers that typed in this case.

Perhaps better not to delve into that thought too deeply.

Evelynn relaxed, the laser-focus of her stare softening with a satisfactory answer and instead, turning to amusement as the Home Secretary of the First Order attempted to reference the golden elephant in the room. A sense of buyer's remorse started to creep in slowly, I mean, what kind of ostentatious monster gets a gilded prosthetic? It seemed like such a good idea at the time...

...wait, cosmetic alterations?
The woman tilted her head, considering the implication of a First Order sanctioned nose job. Somehow that was more offensive than the notion of being extradited. Changing a name was easy, but changing a face? There was something novel in it all, but also disconcerting. A real commitment to a new life.

Grim necessities and all that, she supposed.

The Grand Duchess Helena Hudor-Tudor and Captain Dante Flameborn brought her back into the fold with a small double-take.

“I believe so, yes,” she typed in return, still internally digesting the words Hudor-Tudor like an expired mind sandwich, “cosmetic alterations and all.”

She drummed her gloved mechanical fingers on the table for a moment, face steeped in chronic contemplation as she lined up her next question.

“The probationary period,” she began, the start of her sentence made disjointed by the robotic voice of her device, “is there a set time frame, or is it a matter of judgement? Just how severe will this surveillance be?” Evelynn paused after that last question, conceding a small shrug that seemed rather self-conscious. “Not that I wish to look a gift bantha in the mouth, or seem overly suspicious. I'd just prefer to be aware of these things if that is possible."

Delilah Graham

D
fo_logo_trimmed2.png

DOSUUN SYSTEM
IMMIGRATION CENTER

fo_spacer4.png

Delilah narrowed her gaze. This woman seemed very intent on the details of the probationary period. She supposed it was reasonable to want to know what the deal was, if she was going to be a guest in the First Order's space for now. "I couldn't say for sure. It will depend on your behavior and conduct. But if I gave you some kind of timeframe, what's to stop you from behaving perfectly for that amount of time, only to start committing crimes right after that?"

The Moff folded her arms and leaned forward a little more. "But I suspect you won't cause us too much trouble. I'm a reasonably good judge of character, I think, and you don't seem like you're going to fall into... old habits, you might say."

She rose and handed the documents over to Evelynn. "Come with me and I'll see that you get on the right shuttle. There's a credit chit in the packet and the name of a good hotel in Avalonia. Good restaurants nearby. Clothing stores so you can get something..." Her gaze drifted down Evelynn's form, then back up to her face. "...more suitable to wear. Consumer electronics so you can get a comlink or whatever you need." Delilah opened the door with her keycard and allowed Evelynn to leave, the followed her out.

"Are you going to be all right on your own until one of my people gets in contact?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom