Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Boot Camp

Melfina Nemore

M
white.png

DAY ONE

Melfina Nemore stood waiting in one of the meditation chambers in the NJO temple. Though she'd been here before, it was odd to be back now... and taking on a new padawan learner. Her time away from the Jedi had taken her to Serenity's Reach, a place of peace and solace for those recovering from trauma. Of course, the woman told herself that she had been there for the sake of others... but perhaps she'd been there for herself as well. It was something she stubbornly denied. Now, she hoped to rejoin the ranks of the Jedi, at least to pass along knowledge and her experience to the next generation.

She came to sit cross-legged in the center of the room, where there was a meditation crystal glowing in the dim light. It was the appointed time, but something told her that she'd have a few minutes to spare...

Indeed, about five minutes later, she heard the door open quietly and careful footsteps crossing the room. "You're late, Padawan Orenn," she said, without opening her eyes. The young woman stammered an apology, which Melfina ignored. Instead of answering, she focused on the girl's energy -- it was nervous, a bit like a hive of activity, really. Scatterbrained, Melfina thought to herself with a smirk. She reached deeper, searching, until she found the root...

Fear.

Opening her eyes, she took in her new padawan's appearance. Her first impression was that this young woman was quite... harmless. There was a brightness in her doe-eyes and kindness and tenderness. But were those qualities that would help her survive in this tough and ruthless galaxy? Maybe, for a time... It wasn't that Melfina discarded such mild attributes, but she believed that such things needed to be balanced. What use was kindness if she couldn't defend herself or others?

Her gaze hardened. There was something else about Hollis' presence that disturbed her. Rather, it wasn't something... but someone.

A second presence was detectable, faint but definitely there. It didn't seem to be something residual... but active, someone else reaching for her. From this small glimpse, Melfina could feel no malice or ill-will. Actually, it was quite the opposite. Her brow arched. This would be a topic to be further investigated later. For now, however, it was time to get to know Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn on a more basic level.

"Please have a seat," she said, motioning towards the small pillow opposite her. "My name is Melfina Nemore, I'll be overseeing your training." What she didn't say was that she certainly had her work cut out for her. "Tell me, Hollis... what are you afraid of?"

Last edited by a moderator:
div-purple.png
Hollis entered the room as quietly as she could. The Jedi Master seated in the middle of the room appeared to be in meditation, and she didn't want to disturb her. And also, she was a few minutes late...

"I'm very sorry about that," she said, offering a slight bow as she approached.

For some reason, she didn't know just what to do with her hands... so she fidgeted nervously with the hem of her tunic. As the Jedi Master bid her to sit, Hollis did as she was instructed and took a seat on a cushion. The woman's eyes were open now, and Hollis couldn't help but notice her intimidatingly hard stare. She forced her hands still as she folded them in her lap. She listened as Master Nemore got right down to business.

"Well, I'm scared of insects... and snakes,"
Hollis started.

"No, no, " Melfina interrupted and shook her head. "I don't mean common fears... What fears hold you back?"

Hollis offered a bit of a blank stare and a shrug that made the master sigh.

"Tell me something you find difficult."

She turned her thoughts inward and was quiet for a long moment, brow furrowed. "Well, it's hard for me to make decisions... especially difficult ones." Hollis reflected on the many months it'd taken her to reach a decision about coming to the Jedi. Really, she couldn't imagine having to make a decision that potentially impacted other people. What if it she was wrong?

"That's a good place to start," Melfina said. "Why do you think that is?"

"I... I'm not sure," Hollis said, starting to feel a bit flustered. "I guess it's because... I scared I'll make the wrong choice? I don't want to let anyone down..."

"Doubt and a fear of failure will hold you back," said Master Nemore. "We'll be working together to challenge this fear and conquer it. So, be prepared... it will not be easy."

Hollis swallowed hard. "Okay... I'm ready to do that."

Melfina Nemore

M

white.png

DAY THREE​

Melfina had spent the last two days getting to know her new padawan. Already, she'd gleaned quite a lot about Hollis -- the young woman was nearly an open book. The girl wore her emotions and struggles on her sleeve. As she made the finishing touches on the obstacle course, she made sure to adjust it to challenge Hollis.

Or rather, to push the padawan to her limit.

She glanced down at the notes she'd made about her over their last meetings, where she'd evaluated her skills.

PHYSICAL: Overall, healthy but lacking in strength, coordination, and stamina.
COMBAT: Weak and timid.
EMOTIONAL: Lacking confidence, falls prey to anxiety and nerves. Empathetic, however.
FORCE USE: A basic grasp of some concepts.

She turned as Hollis arrived; at least she was on time today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom