Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a drug that will aid in the short term, but keep 'em coming in the long run
Development Thread: If necessary...
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn ASD
Model: Boost
Affiliation: Open
Modularity: Yes (More or less of a component if wishing to make a poison)
Production: Mass
*Purchase Thread Required*

Material: Glitterstim, Booster Blue, Neutron Pixie, Vitamins, Water

Description:
What is it? A psychoactive drug that effects the perceptive cognizance of a sentient, in the manner of its parental effectors.

How is it made? With Booster Blue as its main base, the liquid is brought to a point of excess heat, upon where the lights are nullified. Adding in Glitterstim, while maintaining a slow boil with an even counter clockwise stir, aids in bringing the effectiveness of the temporal understanding to a higher degree. Lastly, ground Neutron Pixie is added to the mix, upon where the mixing nature is reversed. All heat is diminished to nothing, while the stir speed is greatly increased, in the opposite direction. For your safety, amounts and other additives are not given.

Why? At first, the idea came to Matreya as a means to allow his factory workers to have an upper hand in combat. Eventually, after much alteration, with the effects found through combination, it was decided to sell to the market, but only in bulk, to aid certain factions.

Effects? For some, the effects are extravagant and high, leaving a person able to perceive time at a heightened rate and hurrying reaction times, but tripping so hard they can't understand a word they are told, let alone how to use a weapon. Others receive it as solely the heightening mental acuity, though these ones tend to be those with backgrounds in drug use. Thus, this isn't a drug for those such people. A way around the hallucinations is a built up tolerance, meaning the more you ingest, the more likely you will eventually be able to use small doses with little to no issues.

Side Effects? Perspiration, weakness, vomiting. It is highly addictive, at a rate of 96% becoming mindless without, leading ultimately to death. Accompanying these effects are the hallucinations mentioned prior. Some report seeing minor things, such as 'tracers' behind a person as they move, while others see beings that aren't there, all the way to not having any interaction with the current plane.

How? By activating neuronal pathways amongst the brain tissues. Through activating nearly 15% more of the brain for a short while, it becomes a receptive coordination defective side effect. In other words, the time perceived ability is an incredibly accidental effect compared to the effect believed being a heavy drug. The overly active essence of the mind makes it that reaction times are quite enhanced as well, though not to the point of god like beings - you can dodge blaster bolts, but only a few before burning through the drug - by allowing signals to travel from the mind much faster. This is also a downside, as pain takes longer to return to the brain!

Summary? Its a drug. Plain and simple. While it has benefits in militaristic aspects, it is wholly unrelenting when it comes to addiction, and thats if you can get past the mind boggling images your likely to see! If your lucky, not being those to see things, you will wind up percieving time at a severely heightened rate. The lower end of that spectrum though requires multiple doses, which again brings back the likelihood of overdosing, hallucinations, or simply losing ones mind.

DISTRIBUTION WARNING:
You might be looking to this description and note, hey, that's intense! It can slow down time that much? WRONG. The lower the number, the higher the chance of death, or mind loss. Believe me when said that the lower you go, the less you wanna live! Maximum of two doses will be sold to any one being. This includes Militaries; you will be required to list numbers, with proof, thus aloting the aforementioned doses. Your warriors can still dodge incoming danger at that rate!

Primary Source:
~ Neutron Pixie
~ Booster Blue
~ Glitterstim

Edited a small fact in. No one has taken this up, but I am stating this anyway, on the off chance someone read it and believe me trying to slip something in.

Added info about tolerance.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Matreya said:
Can do. It was added due to Jorus requesting them be added in a very similar situation on another sub. Wanted to be thorough ya know?

There is some variance between factory judge opinions on using exact numbers. I do like exact numbers for starship, vehicle, and ranged weapons and other like things, but when it comes to miscellaneous technology related to dueling, I generally prefer brief descriptions instead that leaves some wiggle room for opponents facing this to have some leeway.

Matreya said:
leaving a person able to perceive time at 0.4x the normal rate

This is still in there. Spice has been used in canon to give its users a heightened edge that puts them almost on a level with Jedi when it comes to reaction times. I think that "Boost" should probably have the same effect. However, I don't want to see someone using this to make them like the Flash or Superman. If someone does do that using this submission, there is a good chance that this will be brought under review again.

So, instead of listing 0.4x, I'm going to request that you write a brief description about how this heightens or enhances their perception.

My apologies. Could have sworn I got all numbers out.

But, my issue is the Booster Blue says that when it was combined with other psychoactive drugs it was easy for a being to dodge shots fired at them. It doesn't actually say what causes this...

I guess I can wing it, but in the end I am not a biologist nor doctor so I don't know how much sense it will make!

Added a healthy sized explanation of how it works. Again, it could make zero sense. I don't know lol. But I also added a mention of what you didn't want: the drug will wear away quickly if you use it to hard for to long.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Matreya said:
you can dodge blaster bolts
Be very careful with this aspect. If it wasn't already a canon effect of these items, I would be very hesitant to allow it. While it might heighten up one's awareness to help dodge the occasional blaster shot, if someone is using this to dodge all blaster fire directed at that them, this will be pulled back and denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom