Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Boolon Class Paraxium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
epcot___spaceship_earth_by_taffgoch-d3d2auh.jpg

Image credit: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/092/2/0/epcot___spaceship_earth_by_taffgoch-d3d2auh.jpg
Intent: To create a suitable training ship for the jedi order.
Development Thread: N/A.

Model: Shan class training ship
Classification: Heavy Cruiser
Role: Training Ship
Affiliation: The Jedi order

Manufacturer: Baktoid
Modularity: None
Production: Unique (only 2 exist)
Material:
  • Durasteel (frame)
  • Crystasteel (viewports)
  • Quadranium Steel (hull)
Height: 800 meters
Width: 800 meters
Length: 800 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Annihilator Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating:
  • Class 1

Minimum Crew:
  • 1,350 crew
Optimal Crew:
  • 4,050 crew
Armaments: None

Hangar:

Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Navcomputer equipped
  • Life support systems
  • Communication systems
  • Sensor systems
  • 10 kolto tanks

Passenger Capacity:
  • 640 students
Cargo Capacity:
  • 12,000 metric tons
Consumables:
  • 5 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 8

Description: Built and designed to replace the Humanitarian and temple void left by the loss of the Shepard. The jedi Paraxium class ship was designed by Sasori and produced by Baktoid. The small deal that is between the two companies and friends Matsu Ike and Alli Wren letting some scraps from older models of her ships be re-purposed for the jedi free of charge in exchange for a tax write off. There was much debate and consideration given the orders newer proactive approach to handling some problems but the want for a ship that could be sent in afterwards with some supplies and healers/doctors became an idea.

The ship is built geometrically for design to maximize the training levels and the hanger space. Instead of a bridge the CIC is in the center under armor with the outer hull reinforced to protect. There is a good couple of meters of ship between the outer and rooms allowing for protection of the unarmed vessel. Bacta tanks and a medical area dominate the lower levels allowing the ship to land on a planet and quick deployment of humanitarian aid via the jedi. Alternately the jedi shadows can use the ship for undercover work allowing the Humanitarian missions to serve as a cover for their work and dangerous missions. It isn't a perfect thing but with the state of the order and the re-emergence of the jedi shadows in their war against enemies of life the sith. All tactical advantages are needed.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
First of all, I'd like an image. Secondly, is this intended to be a cube or sphere? Having length = width = height will make it one of the two shapes. Thirdly, this kind of ship serves a very unique and niche purpose, and the production would likely only be one, two or three at the most. Drop Production to unique. Fourthly, I'd like a link to what "Crysteel" is, I can't find a wookiepedia link. Fifthly, between a back-up hyperdrive, Redundant shields(I think, I'd like more clarification on "Two Shield Generator Domes"), military grade en/decryption equipment and bacta tanks this will need a rather extensive dev thread. I'm going to go ahead and say something along the lines of what's required for a standard star destroyer. I'd also like a specific dev-thread to be done on how exactly the ship acquired Bacta Tanks(as well as how many) as Bacta is a very rare substance, the large majority of which is controlled by the Omega Protectorate and a smaller portion is controlled by a private user-made company, owned by Jorus Merrill I believe. Sixthly, Sasori Research is a tier 1 company that specializes in "Utility items, equipment on a small scale, and jedi robes" and would not have the resources or funds to aid in building the ship. Seventhly, I'm going to need something put into the Armament section. If you the ship has no guns then put it as "None" or something similar(although if you have no armaments I'll be questioning the purpose of your targeting systems). Furthermore, I'll need clarification on "30 crafts" and "Sufficient amounts of escape pods". Lastly, unless the size is an error I'm going to want the sublight speed bumped up to 8.

@[member="Jack Harkness"]

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
@[member="Jack Harkness"]

As Sasori Research wasn't a company specializing in ships none of their workforce would know how to design a ship, and all of their labor would be focused towards a division specializing in personal utility items. No logical company would assign the design of an expensive and unique product to a very small subsidiary they just purchased that specialized in something else and never tackled a project of that scope, size, or subject before. @me when all of the edits are complete.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
  • Production changed
  • Manufacturer changed
  • Back up hyperdrive removed
  • Things I missed removed
  • Sublight changed
  • Bacta removed
  • Image added
  • Image credit added
  • Hanger craft detailed

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] I believe all needed edits are complete