Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Book Worms

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

R.262c8a71b879186e89853b4b1e3c6359

Hilal liked the remote world of Takodana, its lush green forests with small lakes created a sense of tranquility. It was also a planet that took pride in its neutrality despite being close to the Galactic Alliance's boarders. Takodana was home to an assortment of Smugglers, travelers, fugitives, and Bounty Hunters. So, it was one of Hilal's go to places whenever she wanted to rest and refuel. This time though, Hilal came to Takodana for business she recently started to work on a Heavy Armor suit so she can use it to combat bigger enemies. While Hilal had found early success as a Bounty Hunter, there were some acquisitions such as fugitive Wookies or Rancors that proved too much for her Mandalorian suit to handle. Hilal loved her Mandalorian suit, and it served as an accumulation of hard work and pride for her, it was best to have an alternative.

She had a rough idea of what she wanted out of the new armor: Guns, guns, and lots of guns..... and of course, reinforced Durasteel armor. There was no way Hilal could use Beskar again, it would require tons of the Iron to mold and Hilal had to put her life on the line constantly just to get the Beskar she needed for her Mandalorian Armor. It was better to use reinforced Durasteel as while it wasn't as durable as Beskar, it can still stop Lightsaber just as easily. The Bounty Hunter landed her ship near the spaceport and headed directly towards the castle: A central hub for food, drink, and games but there was also a Library in the lower rooms. Recently Hilal had issues building a reactor that would serve as the "heart" of her heavy armor. However, many reactors that she created began to melt everything around it due to generating so much heat.

The problem was finding a way to localizing the reactor so it can distribute it around the armor. It was easy to do that for her Mandalorian armor but for backup armor, it required more energy due to the massive number of weapons she planned on installing. There was a book about miniature energy reactors that was located in the in the castle's library. At least according to the Holosite which was outdated. Once Hilal entered the castle, she made sure to avoid the boisterous noises created by the patrons. She enjoyed the sounds of riff raff but right now she wanted to get this armor built. She plopped herself next to a table located in a quiet corner of the castle, took out her notebook from her black bag and began to work on her sketch for the armor. Doing all of the calculations in her head while she drew.

Sophie Winters Sophie Winters

It hadn't been too long since she had been adopted into the order... Her new family and home. If she was to ever break her anxiety and fear she needed to stray from the nest, away from Coruscant just for now. If need be she could quickly send out an emergency ping to let her order know she was in danger, she wasn't foolish enough to leave home without a handy dandy panic button after all!

The artitecture of this place was lovely, yet the lands outside were simply beautiful. Most of her time so far had been both resisting the urge to flee home, along with also laying in the grass or meditating away from where everyone else was.

Though after some time, the little mouse had built up a fragile wall of courage. Once inside she was quickly reminded why she liked being outside more... All the people, the noise... Now some are staring right at me!

As quickly as she came, the mouse fled. This time she went downstairs to find a little surprise, a library with hardly any strangers in it!

Letting out a laboured huff she skims through what all was at her fingertips, finding some educational books to look through.

First was a biology book, the first pages seemed interesting.

Current Outfit

War-Machine-Sketch-coloring-page.jpg

Hilal smiled at her completed sketch alongside the calculations she's done on the side. Creating armor was no easy endeavor and certainly wasn't cheap. But thankfully, Hilal had deeper pockets compared to when she first created her Mandalorian Armor. The Bounty Hunter remembered being practically a beggar trying to attain the parts she needed, she felt pathetic doing so. But now, she has the funds and she learned from her mistakes from creating her Mandalorian Armor. "The best remedy to mistakes is experience," Hilal said to herself. "More importantly is to willing to learn from your mistakes."

She got up and walked down towards the library in the bottom floor, staring at the many people talking, drinking, and gambling their credits away in the process. It looked fun and it made Hilal miss her friends such as Hex Hex and Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus . "Where were they now?" She wondered sling her black bag over her shoulder as she went downstairs. As she descended, Hilal was greeted by darkness and dust some of the latter entering her nostrils. "Oh chit!" Hilal said shutting her eyes and beginning to sneeze stumbling down the stairs and bumping into a person.

"Huh?!" Hilal opened her eyes to see a young Mirialan around her age with a Biology book. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you! It's just that the place is so damn dusty!"

Hilal gave a nervous chuckle carefully placing her braid over her shoulder. "I didn't think people go to the Library often," she continued. "No when you have the Holonet that can provide books at your leisure! But there are some books even the Holonet doesn't have that we have to look for! Crazy huh?"

The bump would cause Sophie to jump a bit, almost dropping the book onto the floor before hastily catching it.

"Oh no no it's fine really! Accidents happen and all, chances are I might have bumped into you as well."

The decently friendly stranger then spoke of the holonet, no doubt she could have found this same information while still being able to be back home. But as mentioned beforehand she was her to try and shave off that dreaded anxiety and fear, though it wasn't something she wanted to talk about.

"There are books not on the holonet? Why is that? Wait- Do I... Do I even want to know?"

She turns a page in the biology book, seeing a detailed section explaining the inner organs of a slug rat... Oh lovely it had pictures..

"And why would this book need such detailed pictures, gross."

Current Outfit

The girl looked flustered and even blaming herself for bumping into Hilal which caused her to give a sympathetic smile. "Nah It's my fault really," Hilal replied. "I really need to know where to watch where I'm going."

Hilal had a..... tendency to walk in at inopportune moments which caused her to make an ass out of herself. Especially in front of her fellow Mandalorians. The stumbled on her words wondering what kind of books that the Holonet that did not archive. Hilal raised an eyebrow why did she remind her of herself when she was a kid: Shy and insecure. It often reminded Hilal of her own weakness and while she was agitated at the thought of feeling weak, she couldn't help but feel for the Mirialan she could relate to her.

"I mean there are plenty of Sith stuff that the Sith don't want you to know about," Hilal answered smiling. "Same with the stinking Jedi, there's also books that are banned from the Core Worlds because they promote ideology they don't like. You know? Like freedom and independent thinking."

She chuckled at that remark before continuing. "And then there are those books that are so old and obscure, you have actively find the book. Like me finding a book on how to regulate a miniature reactor."

Hilal placed her hands on her hips. "You would think information like this would freely available," Hilal said. "But people love to hoard information for themselves. It sucks that there are some people who refuse to divulge valuable information especially one that could be life changing."

But who knows if the book Hilal was looking for would give her the information needed to install a reactor that can spread out energy without blowing up. The girl was grossed out at the pictures of the Biology book which cause Hilal to shake her head smiling. "Well because it's important to give details on a creature's anatomy," Hilal explained. "It's for Veterinarians to look at when doing surgery or diagnosing a disease. You'd be surprised how many people own Slug Rats. Slug Races are very popular in the Mid Rim."

She continued to smile at the woman. "So, what's your name?" Hilal asked. "I'm Hilal of Clan of Vizsla and I'm searching for a very rare book about thermal dynamics and reactors. What are you doing here?"

Oh.. Oh no she didn't like Jedi. It was never a good thing to lie, so what if she told the truth technically?

"Of all things... Slug rats? Really?"

She rolls her eyes, never being the biggest fan of rodents.

"Well I figured I might as well explore some ya know? I struggle with anxiety so this is my way of trying to shave it down one bit at a time, but with so many voices and faces upstairs I came down here in a panic. I think I am content with just reading some books for now, even if they are kinda gross."

Sophie chuckles a bit, she didn't know why this stranger wanted a- what was it again? A mini reactor? Engineering was not something the poor girl had a grip on, even if she was actively shown what the reactor was for she still really wouldn't get it.

"Oh, sorry! My name is Sophie, Sophie Winters. You can just call me Sophie to be honest, pleasure to meet you Hilal."

Current Outfit

"Nice to meet you Sophie!" Hilal said eagerly holding her hand out for her to shake. It was nice to meet somebody closer to her age, Hilal's life as a Bounty Hunter often had her meet people who were much older than her and therefore underestimated her abilities. But with someone like Sophie who seemed nice so far, she didn't judge Hilal on her stature because mainly they were the same height and nearly the same age.

"I'm glad you're trying to get rid of your anxiety," Hilal said starting to walk through the small and cramped isles in the library. "The best way to overcome it is to explore and meet new people. You know? Like me!"

Hilal giggled and gave Sophie a wink. "Yeah, the people above can be rowdy but that's like every cantina I've been in. You just gotta have that look that you're a person not to be fracked with."

In reality, people ignored Hilal for the most part. She did get in fights with drunken fools who thought they could take her in which they did, but at least Hilal didn't back down. "You don't like the imagery in some of the books?" Hilal asked tilting her head. "I mean there's gotta be a type of book you like Sophie."

Last edited:

"Well I am for sure not the most intimidating person, is it bad I hope people just ignore me instead?"

She flips a page, shaking her head in response to Hilal's last questions.

"It isn't that I don't enjoy the book, just some things are a bit gross is all. Perhaps I should have looked for a botany book or maybe something on the stars, but I can get over the images... Even if they used real photos.

So far Hilal was interesting, like the counter opposite to Sophie. Very forward and outgoing, where as Sophie was more shy and afraid to upset someone.

"Do youuuu wanna get something to eat?"

It turns out that meditating for hours did in fact not magically fill the belly, would have been wise to pack snacks.

Current Outfit

"Take it from me Sophie," Hilal said. "There will be places you'll go where people are going to size you up. If you show any weakness even a little, those people are going to take advantage of that. You need to keep your chin up and spine erect, display that since of dominance even if you don't truly believe it."

It worked wonders for Hilal over the years, maybe it'll work for Sophie. At least Hilal hoped it would work, she had a feeling that Sophie would be the type who break down and cry if somebody insulted her. "Well, that bastard isn't going to get away with that if I'm around," Hilal thought before Sophie asked if she wanted to eat lunch.

"Huh? Oh sure!" Hilal said snapping out from her thoughts. "I'm a bit famished after spending some time travelling to the planet, besides this place is dark and dusty! I'm sure that reactor book can wait!"

She took out her hand and wrapped it around Sophie's. "Come on!" Hilal said. "The castle's food isn't the best, but they do have some good soup!"

Soup sounded rather nice actually, a warm broth to relax the stomach paired with fresh herbal tea. She felt hungrier just thinking about it really, and the Padawan figured it was lucky her new friend here seemed to know what soup was the best to target.

"Well I suppose I am lucky you know what best to pick! I can't say my day needs a gut buster right now, I would love something soothing."

Anxiety of course had many effects on the body, stress can lead to a weak stomach sadly.

With the duo's new mission in mind, she gently tries to place the book back where it was before Hilal pulled her along on the quest for food.

"H-Hey how much does the food here cost even?"

Sophie asks in a slight panic while trying to dig through her pocket for credits, not that she wasn't able to afford the meal.. Just good to know how much to have ready is all.

Current Outfit

"Maybe some cool Jawa Juice could soften that stomach of yours eh?" Hilal asked pulling Sophie out of the Library. "I always love a good cup of Jawa Juice! It always perks me up and makes me ready to take on any threats!"

Hilal chuckled as she lead Sophie back to the table that she previously sat. Thankfully there was nobody there and they had to table all to themselves. The Bounty Hunter waved to a serving man who was busy delivering drinks to two Bith who were covered in rare weapons. Hilal recognized one of them: A Clone Wars era DC-17 blaster rifle, pretty cheap now and days she used to tinker with those weapons when she was 8 years old. "Don't worry about cost Sophie," Hilal smiled sitting down. "This one will on me! Don't worry I got the money for it buy whatever you want!"

She took out her notebook and began to continue drawing this time adding weapons specs below her drawing.

This mandalorian sure did take control, though Sophie wasn't complaining really. As the Padawan was tugged to the nearest bar she would pay little attention to the many armed people around her, instead her green nose would take in the scents... Kinda gross but at the same time most of the food did smell good.

She shakes her head in response to Hilal, it was rude to let someone else pay when she had credits from her new home. Digging out a handful of alliance credits, Sophie offers them over to Hilal.

"It would be rude of me not to offer, besides... If we split the costs we both pay and save credits."

After the credits are either taken or refused, Sophie would go through a little bag she carried with her. Hilal would be able to get a peek inside if she was curious enough, inside was holocommunicator, simple attire, what looked like an ID card half tucked into the clothes, and lastly of the visible objects was a thermal flask. The young woman opens it to fill herself a small cup of warm tea, taking a sip soon after with a satisfied look on her face.

"Would you care for some tea? Good for the nerves and soothing on the throat."

Current Outfit

Hilal placed her elbows on the table continuing to smile at Sophie she was a very nice girl trapped in a building with Fyrnocks. "I insist Sophie," Hilal said. "It's obvious that you look lost in this place, I want to help you."

The server walked towards the ladies asking what they want. "Give us the soup special!" Hilal said eagerly.

"Okay," the server typed the order on his datapad. "What about drinks."

"Well....." Hilal stared at Sophie sipping on some warm tea she made for herself offering some to her. As much as Hilal wanted Jawa Juice, it was best to take up Sophie's offer. On top of Bounty Hunting, Hilal desired to have more friends.

"We have our own drinks," Hilal smiled sheepishly before the servant turned on his heel disappearing in the sea of patrons.

"I never had tea before," Hilal said. "Well scratch that I did drink Sweetened Tea on occassion and that Ice Tea at McYodas though I don't recommend the latter." Hilal gave a mock hurl towards Sophie remembering how awful McYoda's tea tasted. "But I never tried warm Tea before, I would like a cup!"

Far be it from Sophie to judge someone off of their more outgoing and energetic personality, part of her wished she had this level of energy!

"I.. Will take your word on it, I never have been to that place but I will steer clear I suppose."

Being a minimalist, while fancy or craving foods were nice if offered, she herself never would indulge otherwise. There was a time were even the most slim of rations was a blessing, now she was thankful for simple foods. A variety in the diet was important to her, though she did prefer vegetables and fruits.

Sophie takes out a second cop, pouring in the fresh herbal tea. Just the steam alone would numb the nose slightly... In a good way of course.

While waiting to try the stew, Soph herself takes in a deep drink from her cup, closing her eyes as the mixture helped the Padawan find peace.

The tea had been imbued with the juices and essence of a gimer bush, the plant being well known as good nutrients and a natural relaxer.

Current Outfit

"Well you ARE taking a small step in a large galaxy," Hilal replied reaching for the cup of Tea that Sophie made for her. "Thank you," she said before immediately taking big swig of the hot beverage. Hilal paused for a few seconds, her cheeks turning red before dropping the teacup onto the table. The tea spilled everywhere as Hilal fell off her chair, her knees hitting the ground.

"AHHHH!" Hilal's tongue felt like it was doused in the Mustafar lava she spat out the tea coughing loudly. "It's hot! Oh chit! It's hot!

The servants and patrons turned to see Hilal gagging some looking bemused while others were annoyed that Hilal war ruining their vibe. Hilal slowly turned towards and gave a nervous grin. "I'm good!" Hilal said immediately getting up. "I'm just trying out some tea that's all, didn't expect it to be so hot!"

She sat down fanning her burned tongue. "I didn't know it would be that hot!" Hilal said frantically reaching out for her bag and grabbing her handkerchief. "I'm so sorry I made a scene!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom