Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bloody Knuckles

The Light In The Shadows

X5Yx2PB.png

Defense of Noris | Many Moons Ago
A dark message that carried the words…
We Shall Meet Again.
He will be waiting...
...He will be watching.
The Knight swung his golden saber forward, aiming for a direct slash across the Sith's body. Yet when some resistance should have been met by its body, there was none to be found. Through gritted teeth, the man looked downward towards the displaced ground. No person was to be found. Realizing his weakness, Kinoan raised his saber back up, spinning around to meet the incoming crimson blade. Yet as he turned, the battlefield appeared empty in front of him. In the distance he could see his squadron retreating back to a defensive postion, but the Sith lord was long gone.

"Coward!"

Screaming in frustration, the Knight was angered by this move. Rather than letting Kinoan strike down the evil he was facing, the Sith used his magic to disappear. They were long gone by now. But that was just one. With a fury none have ever seen filling his eyes, the man centered his gaze on the Maw soldiers that sat in the distance. Blaster fire still erupted from their position, firing out westward to another group of Imperials. Breaking into a sprint, the man strode over to the makeshift firing platform they held. If the Sith Knight was not going to pay with his life, then the rest of the Maw would.

Purification would be brought to this galaxy. The Sith shall exist no more.

X5Yx2PB.png

The Fel Redoubt - Sparring Grounds | Present Day
Dressed in Dueling Robe
Wind softly blew through the open plaza, rustling the leaves of the nearby trees. It was midday.

Levitating a few feet off of the ground, Kinoan sat cross-legged, his mind relaxing as he meditated. Some time had passed since he was last on the planet of Bastion. A lot of his time had been spent battling at the far corners of the galaxy. Whether it was the Sith Empire, the Maw, or other dark sided threats, the man was more than likely there, using his skills on the frontlines of the war. The previous few months had been bloody ones. Lots of death and destruction. But he soon felt a massive assault was on its way. One that he need to prepare for.

That is part of the reason he agreed to this friendly spar today. Word had traveled around about the Mirilian Knight who was proving to be a valuable warrior in battle. No better person to train with today. As he waited for her arrival, the Knight stayed levitating, controlling his thoughts and emotions so that they did not overcome him. They have before, and he cannot let if happen again.

rainadiv2.png

"Umph!"

The young girl fell to the ground. Dust floated around her as she dropped the practice katana. She coughed, once again growing frustrated at her lack of skill against her father.

"You're improving, Mira."

She blinked through tears, brought on by the weight of her impact, and looked up to see her father's extended hand. She sighed and took it, letting him help her up. She started wiping the excess dust off her robe as he spoke.

"You have your form near perfected, and you have every stance memorized. But Mira-" He took a step back and motioned to himself, "What do you notice about the person you are fighting?"

Mira paused, looking her father up and down. He was a tall and mighty foe, physically fit with years of training and experience behind him. The rogue knight's long, black hair was messily tied back, with loose strands of hair sticking out every which way. His beard was shaved, but was starting to become visible once again. His training robes were similar to his hair style, loose and free. He was quite different than the uncle whom had trained her during her childhood. But her childhood was ages ago...

She took a moment to look at him, then responded with a confused observation, "You are better than I am?"

Her father scoffed, amusement by the response, "Well, yes, but that was not what I was going for."

The teenager blinked as he walked up to her and lifted a flat hand. He placed it against the top of her head then brought his hand to where her head's height met his body. It was at his chest.

"I am larger than you."

Mira blinked as he took a couple steps back. He pulled his robes loser and let his bare arm be exposed. He flexed it, allowing for his firm muscle to be exemplified. "I am not only taller, but wider. Not only taller and wider, but stronger. In every way, I outclass you in size and physical strength."

He pulled his robe back up, "You have spent your entire life training. You have memorized every stance, perfected every step, mastered the proper swing of your blade. But what good does mere practice do against someone who requires more thought?"

She umphed as he approached her again and tapped her forehead, "You have to adapt, Mira. You have to be ready for when this happens. You are a young teenage girl, you lack the same physique that not just I, but a vast majority of your opponents, while be blessed with. You have to overcome that, not just through memorized drills and katas, but through your speed and dexterity. You have been planting your feet firmly in the ground, as if you can take me like that. We need to focus on your ability to dodge and evade."

Mira blinked, once again dwarfed by her father's height and strength. She nodded, prompting him to smile before bending down and picking up the practice katana.

"Your mother was in the same position, y'know. She was always smaller than her opponents. That was why, as a Jedi, she opted to major in a lightsaber style that took advantage of her agility and light footedness. But lightsaber style or martial arts, the same rule applies. Now, Mira." He handed her the sword, "Let's try that again. This time, think on your feet."

Mira nodded, determined to take this new lesson to heart. She extended her hand, taking the hilt of her training sword.

DjqGXyQ_d.webp

Approximately nine years later...

Her mother. Her aunt. Her uncle. Then, her father. All had died and left her behind.

Dressed in training robes, Aoki Mira walked into the training arena. She was no longer a child, and better trained than she had ever been in her life. Still, there was always room for improvement. She was only a knight after all. When she had heard of another martial artist within the imperial knight order, she had been eager to exchange techniques and skills. She wore her imperial lightsaber on one hip, and two traditional Atrisian blades on the other. On her back was a naginata. Her attire and equipment were clearly Atrisian in all nature, her mirialan heritage only visible in her green skin and facial tattoos.

As always, she was coming early. She had been taught discipline, after all, and was not the kind to slip up. It was to her alarm then that her training partner was already here as well! Meditating too! Mira tilted her head. She did not meditate often, especially when she could be spending that time training. Her father, a former Jedi, had meditated every day as routine. Mira had never quite understood it, but she had always been more focused on things physical and real as opposed to things spiritual and vague.

She stood before the meditating knight, several feet away in respectful distance. She stood in a proper and disciplined posture, politely coughing to get his attention.

Once his gaze would have fallen on her, she offered a traditional Atrisian bow, "Greetings, Knight Kinoan Kinoan . I am Knight Aoki. It is an honor to meet you."

Respect, coming from a calm and controlled personality. Mira was excited for this exchange of skill and knowledge, but it was not quite visible in her steady and graceful movements. Her eyes, however, shone brightly at this prospect.

rainadiv2.png

The Light In The Shadows

X5Yx2PB.png

Through closed eyes Kinoan listened carefully to the footsteps that entered onto the training grounds.

A figure came within a few feet of the Knight. Once a polite cough was given, the Knight slowly began to open his eyes. His eyes peered onward as he looked at the Mirialan standing before him. A small smile traced his lips as he lowered his feet into standing position. So, this was the famed Aoki Mira. Immediately, the lightsaber and blades caught his eye. It might be worth it to spar with weapons as well after they were done with the martial arts. Looking back up to Aoki, the man studied his training partner. Her build was small and light, which more than likely meant she was a very agile combatant. Keeping this in mind, Kinoan went on to greet his fellow warrior.

"It is an honor to meet you as well Knight Aoki."

In tradition, he offered a formal bow as well. It was not often that he got the chance to trade knowledge of fighting styles. Throughout his years, the man spent a lot of time reading books on different forms of combat. He mixed pieces of each one together to create his own variation. But by knowing all of these, his adaptability on the battlefield has benefitted him more times than he could remember. Adding another one of these styles to his arsenal would be very helpful indeed.

Turing to the side, Kinoan walked over to a nearby bench that sat on the edge of the training arena. Once there, he unclipped the lightsaber hanging from his belt. He placed it, along with a few other small items that lined his pockets, on the bench. Neatly arranged, the Knight turned back to Aoki, continuing the conversation.

"Before we begin sparring, I would like to ask you this: what is the style of martial arts that you use? I'm always curious when learning about new forms."

The Knight asked this out of general curiosity, not out of trying to gain an edge on his opponent. They were both here to learn off of each other, after all.

rainadiv2.png

He was organized and disciplined, like her. The way he neatly emptied his pockets and aligned the contents, and how he spoke in a respectful manner. Aoki was so used to be the underling, the shadow, that was was struck by the mutual respect Kinoan Kinoan gave her. She had never thought herself as someone great, but here she was being treated like a fellow warrior.

It... made her... happy.

She dipped her head in respects as he questioned her on her fighting style. Floods of memories from her childhood washed over her. Returning the gestures he had given her, she turned to an adjacent bench and started unequipping her own weaponry. It was laid out, organized by weapon type and size, as if on display. As she unarmed herself, she responded.

"All forms of Atrisian martial arts. Unarmed Justus, weapons and tools. Even tessens, war fans, have been used as weapons and self defense carries by my family. Personally, I feel that I am most skilled with blades and unarmed combat, karate."

She frowned, looking down at the weapons. Her family katana, her heirloom, Utaken, was absent from the collection of weapons here. She reached up and touched the scarred side of her face. How could she use it, when she felt so unworthy of the blade? She lowered her hand and turned to face Kinoan again. Respectful and poised as ever, she continued, "I also know Kage martial arts, both unarmed and with the electro-sword. Although, I have not been trained to the same extent as traditional Atrisian martial arts."

She walked closer to the center of the space between her and his bench, "As for lightsaber combat, I am mostly skilled in Form One, Shii-Cho. I also know Form Two, Makashi and Form Four, Ataru. Additionally, I know the technique of Trakata."

She had exhausted her list of martial arts. She nodded to Kinoan, motioning to him that it was now his turn. "And what say you? What skills in combat do you possess?"

rainadiv2.png

The Light In The Shadows

X5Yx2PB.png

The man listened in with great interest at the fighting techniques that Knight Aoki possessed.

He could tell that she was well versed in a multitude of combat styles. A sense of pride, along with some dread, could be seen expressed on her face. It was as if the years of training were helpful now, but a pain burden to grow up with. If this was the case, then Kinoan was all too familiar with it as well. Nevertheless, the Force had a reason for him to be standing here today. It was his duty to serve. It was his purpose to protect. Help those that cannot defend themselves.

Turning towards his fellow knight, Kinoan gave a nod of respect.

"My specialization first and foremost is Morgukai martial arts. Jiu-Jitsu is what I trained in the most, alongside hand-to-hand fighting and grappling."

Staring off for no more than a second, the man recalled his time spent on the planet of Kintan. Long, gruesome combat sessions were completed each day. With his fellow Jedi, the man would endure a plethora of strikes delivered by their sensi. Their philosophy was that it did not matter if your skills did not match their own. Out on the battlefield, your opponent does not care about your training, or lack thereof. They were going to try and defeat you all the same. So, they all had to learn quickly how to match the Nikto's fighting style, and eventually start to land punches and kicks of thier own.

It was one of the many combat techniques that he learned while with the Jedi, and he is thankful for this time spent there. But room for evolution beyond is always present.

"I also use Form Four, as well a Form Five, Djem So, and Form Seven, Vaapad. Although I have trained in a multitude of bladed combat styles other than lightsaber."

As he finished listing off his various forms of dueling he was educated on, the man turned and faced Knight Aoki. Placing both his hands at his side, Kinoan bowed towards his sparring partner. Raising his gaze upward once again, the expression on his face shifted to one of more focus.

"Shall we get this duel underway?"

rainadiv2.png

Aoki was quite intrigued by this information. She had not even heard of some of these combat styles. She did hear of Vaapad, a far rarer style than the other traditional ones. The mention of a diversity of sword fighting styles also interested her, though he did not name any.

She matched the more at ready stance of her new sparring partner as he asked if she was ready.

She nodded firmly, "Indeed. Shall we practice unarmed combat first?"

Aoki's training robes were simple. Atrisian style robes, they were light and fluid. There was a white Gi light beneath them; though the robes were worn to maintain her traditions. Mira knew that the Gi would be her go to for training, however. It was far more flexible. And so, she removed the robe, folded it, and placed it on her bench.

Then, she approached Kinoan and offered a proper Atrisian bow. She arose, and she smoothly entered the Kokutsu-dachi stance. Kokutsu-dachi, the back stance, was a defensive and mobile stance. It allowed the user to swiftly retreat, move back, and counter attack. She was fluid and agile in her posture. She lifted her hands in a defensive, practiced manner. Her eyes carried a calm clarity, and her face was stoic.

"Your move, Knight Kinoan Kinoan ."

rainadiv2.png

The Light In The Shadows

X5Yx2PB.png

A subtle, yet interested smile crept onto the man's face. The stance that Knight Mira entered into appeared to be one that favored the light footed. Not entirely defensive, yet one where the combatant could quickly retreat and protect themselves. It was an interesting choice for a starting stance. Kinoan's style typically dealt with those who were already on the offensive, so he would then use their own strength against them. His sparring partner was choosing to stay reserved, meaning it would be the man who would start heavily on the attack.

Sliding his power foot backwards, Kinoan entered into his beginning stance. His lead led was planted softly ahead, ready to spring off of. This was the typical stance of the Morgukai assassins, as they focused on powerful starts to overwhelm their opponent. Using this opener, the goal was to allow no room for the adversary to counter.

"Let's begin."

Driving off of his power leg, the man sprung upward into the air. A good couple few feet off of the ground, Kinoan looked upon his partner. His attack looked as if he was trying to strike the upper body, thus forcing Knight Mira to attack upward. But instead of dropping right on top of her, the man would halt his leap about a foot prior. The plan was to make her attack high, overestimating his jump distance. Hopefully this would expose her mid-section, opening it for attack.

That was only if she fell for his opener. Knight Mira seemed to be a skilled fighter, so he could not underestimate her by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom