Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bloodshot's Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a shield for Tal Vizsla (Bloodshot, in keeping with the titles of his previous equipment).
  • Image Source: None.
  • Canon Link: Molecular Shielding, Bes'kar.
  • Restricted Missions: None.
  • Primary Source: None.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Bloodshot.
  • Model: N/A.
  • Affiliation: Tal Vizsla (Bloodshot).
  • Modularity: Limited (paint job only).
  • Production: Unique.
  • Material: Bes'kar, Condensed-matter composite, Shield Generator Components, Repulsors, Rudimentary Sensors.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Shield.
  • Size: One-handed.
  • Length: .8 meters.
  • Weight: 10 kg
  • Resistances
- Blasters: Extreme.
- Kinetic: Very High.
- Lightsabers: Extreme.
- Ion: High.
- Sonic: Very High.
- Elemental: High.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ranged Recall - Thanks to the repulsors built into its center, the shield possesses the power of flight and can be recalled to Tal's hand from a distance, much the same as his hammer.
  • You're Not Tal Enough - Another similarity with his hammer is that the shield will refuse to be moved by someone who is not Tal, actively resisting efforts to wield or move it.
Strengths:
  • Pretty Much Unbreakable - Due to the combination of beskar and condensed matter composite, the shield is immensely durable, and capable of absorbing significant impact and sonic vibrations without causing excessive harm to its wielder.
  • Thanks for the Energies - With a molecular shield generator built into the shield, it is capable of absorbing a nominal amount of any form of energy attack that strikes its surface, and can then transfer that energy into Tal's armor to be utilized as he requires.
Weaknesses:
  • Still Just a Frisbee - As durable as it is, the shield is still just a big metal disk. It can't protect from anything that hits where it isn't.
  • My Arm is Getting Tired - It's also very heavy for a shield, and meant to be wielded by someone with Tal's strength.
  • That hurt, Charlie! - While the shield is exceptional at absorbing kinetic impact vibrations, this only applies to those attacks with low mass. It will happily stop slugs all day long, but swing a 20lb hammer at it and Tal's gonna feel it.
DESCRIPTION
It's a big metal frisbee, a bit less than a meter in diameter. It can be adorned with whatever insignia Tal deems fit to display, and just like its master is very good at taking a beating.

[member="Tal Vizsla"]

Didn't I ask you to remove this from your armor in order for it to pass through approval.

Tal Vizsla said:
I've edited the description of the armor plates to merely be more resistant to cooking the wearer, instead of nearly immune, and dropped their kinetic resistance to very high (since there's no longer a shield to worry about).

So are you making a shield to add on to your armor and go around what I originally asked you to tone down as it will cancel out your weaknesses with strengths?

The molecular shield used here only covers the .8 meter diameter of the physical shield. It adds nothing to the armor itself and can't protect against anything that doesn't strike the shield itself.

So no, this isn't meant to give him the full-coverage molecular shield that was omitted from his armor. Anything that gets by the physical shield is going to be completely unaffected by the molecular shield.

[member="Cira"]

Tal Vizsla said:
The molecular shield used here only covers the .8 meter diameter of the physical shield. It adds nothing to the armor itself and can't protect against anything that doesn't strike the shield itself.
If that is the case, then why is your molecular shield capable of absorbing any form of energy and then transferring it to your armor?

Tal Vizsla said:
Thanks for the Energies - With a molecular shield generator built into the shield, it is capable of absorbing any form of energy attack that strikes its surface, and can then transfer that energy into Tal's armor to be utilized as he requires.

See the conflict.

You are adding bonuses to what I had asked you to remove in your armor, which would have benefited your armor and countered the weaknesses.

Protection-wise, nothing is added to the armor. I was under the impression that it was his armor's overall durability with the shield in place that had been the issue rather than the energy gain and storage, and this submission doesn't change the armor's durability.

An attack would have to strike the shield itself in order to be absorbed, and would then get transferred to the armor via contact points on the inside surface when he's holding it. In the strictest sense, you're right that the armor does gain that energy, and I could have been more clear as to my meaning regarding that.

[member="Cira"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom