Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bloodhound Mine Detection/Neutralization System

Status
Not open for further replies.
VisTop.jpg
Bloodhound Mine Detection/Neutralization System

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:
To create a new defensive weapon for future submissions and role-playing.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer:
Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: Bloodhound Mine Detection/Neutralization System
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Various electronics components.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification:
Size:
Average
Weight: Average
Ammunition Type: Narrow EMP Field, coupled with deactivation signals.
Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Large (Effectively Unlimited)
Effective Range: Average
Rate of Fire: Average
Stopping Power: Low
Recoil: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Can detect and neutralize mines using a powerful EMP emitter and deactivation transmitter combination, capable of prematurely detonating or disabling mines and detecting/recording locations of unexploded mines which are then sent to allied forces to assist them in negotiating or avoiding them.
STRENGTHS:
  • Can detect most conventional mines and similar weapons up to 300m ahead and within a 90-degree range, using ground-penetrating radar, hyperspectral imaging, and laser-scanning vibrometers, able to locate these kinds of weapons even if buried up to 2m below ground. Once located, the locations are stored and sent to allied forces on encrypted channels to better able them to avoid potential harm.
  • Uses sonic (laser vibrometry), low-grade EMP, and deactivation signal transmitters to deactivate/prematurely detonate potential threats, including those buried underground or similarly concealed. Has 85.32% likelihood of detonating or disabling potential threats.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Low-level EMP will not likely harm most decently-shielded droids, systems, equipment, etc. unless directly in the path of the pulse and incredibly close to its source, and while highly effective against mines and other (as of yet) unexploded ordinance, it is not a realistically effective offensive weapon whatsoever.
  • Has a 14.68% margin of error when detecting or disabling mines and similar weapons, and there is always a chance that a well-protected mine or stealth mine might evade detection/disabling.
DESCRIPTION:

Using a combination of cutting-edge technologies (e.g. laser vibrometry, hyperspectral imaging, ground-penetrating radar) to detect and catalog mines, bombs, and other unexploded ordinance ahead of itself, the Bloodhound can accurately create a digital ‘map’ of a minefield or similar potential hazards to advancing forces, sending this information to friendly forces to enable them to maneuver around or otherwise avoid possible risks. Further, the Bloodhound emits a low-grade EMP and sonic signal, together with a transmission similar to the kind used in missile deactivation systems, meant to cause these mines and similar threats to become disabled or prematurely detonate, thereby effectively rendering them harmless to advancing forces.

This is not without error however, as certain types, i.e. stealth mines, deeply-buried or concealed weapons, select types of ordinance may be missed or immune to deactivation/detonation signals. Forces must still take precautions to avoid potential harm although the Bloodhound has proven to be significantly defeating a variety and number of potential threats with high levels of success.

The emitter/detection system can be mounted on vehicles or else carried on repulsorsleds and operates with a forward-facing emitter/transmitter accurate up to 300m and within a 90-degree arc centered ahead of it. Unable to yield a potent enough charge to cause significant damage otherwise, as to hardened droids, vehicles, etc. it is not designed as an offensive weapon whatsoever and is merely capable of locating and neutralizing mines and similar threats.

teal123.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom