Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin had failed the Jedi Order. He had lost the duel with the Sith on Coruscant, and fled like a coward. The holocron remained in the hands of the One Sith, and he had made himself out to be a fool. He had not had the heart to return to Ossus for judgement; better the Council thought him dead. They never had really approved of him, and whether that was because of his past, or his rather stubborn efforts to embrace the Jedi ways, he did not know.

Luckily, he felt he had a home on Naboo. He had not known his mother long. She was a distant sort, but somehow, he could tell she felt the guilt of leaving him behind. Whether it was out of guilt or genuine love that had allowed her to accept him into the fold was anyone's guess, but he certainly wouldn't question it.

He had heard of the attack on Theed, and cursed himself for not being present. He made a mental note to stay around more often as he entered the palace. The guards had come to know him by now, as he paid visits often. Now was one of those times, and he would relish it. Word was that his father, Darth Vulcanus, was about causing trouble once more. that threat had to be ended, and Graxin would be leaving very soon to deal with it...but for now, he needed to meet a special someone.

His mother had spoken of his sisters. He had refrained from meeting them at first, feeling that he wasn't ready. He had no experience being an older brother, save for looking out for his two other siblings on Mytus. Those two now wandered the galaxy, and try as he might, Graxin couldn't track them down. His family on Naboo however, was utterly available, and he wouldn't squander that.

He followed the instructions given to him by one of the guards. He stood outside Felicity's room nervously. He was covered in heavy leathers with a mix of red and black shades. His gloves had been discarded previously, and he had shaven to look less old. Swallowing heavily, he brought a hand up to knock on the door.

@Felicity Mason

The blond 'princess' sat at her desk as she always did after her days at the Academy. In one hand she held a datapad, showing todays assignment, in the other, a pastry stolen from the Palace kitchens. She was getting good at sneaking around. Getting to really know the inner workings of the palace. After the invasion...

She stuffed the pastry in her mouth and tucked a lock of pale hair behind what remained of her left ear. It still hurt. Most of her scars were faded from that fight, but she could feel it. She wasn't helpless anymore. She couldn't get away with pretending to be. She might had killed someone that night. It was a thought she carried with her always.

A knock at her door shook her back to the present. She took a huge bite of the pastry, swollwed and hit the unlock button on her datapad.

"Enter."

It was probably just Percy, asking permission to place a guard outside her room for the night. Again. He was so paranoid now. Protective. Cute, but too old for her. Besides, she already had a boyfriend. The nice, safe, polite, boring space wizard.

Then there was... Owain. Much as she pretended to think of him only as a rival, she was more than aware that she considered him the 'love of her life'. Oh sure, he was certainly a bad boy, but not half as bad as he liked to think. That stupid bird-looking boy was literally her only real friend in the Galaxy. How sad was that?

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
He came through the door without a word, and allowed it to shut behind him. He left for Utapau in the morning to deal with Krag, not that he would ever inform his mother of such. As far as she might know, he was going out on a vacation for a few days with one of the waitresses from the Caf store down the street he frequented. This meant that he might certainly be killed, and would never have the opportunity to establish some sort of bond with his little sister.

He couldn't go without trying.

The Knight stood there awkwardly for a long moment. He brought a marred fist up to his lips, and coughed politely. "Felicity?" He asked quietly. "I don't know if your mom told you, but I'm sure you've seen me around the palace. My name is Graxin--Cyril." He mentally kicked himself for the slip up. Most of the world knew him as Graxin, and thought him to perhaps be a Jedi ambassador to Naboo. Exposing his origin to anyone outside his family wasn't something he was entirely ready for yet.

He took two cautionary steps forward, his lightsabers swinging freely from his belt. "I'm uh...you're older brother. Mom put me up for adoption when I was born. She was too young to raise me." He stammered. It certainly wasn't an easy way to break it to the girl, and he had lied about what actually happened, but he was at a loss for what else to say. "

"Hi."

[member="Felicity Mason"]

When it came to her ability with the Force, Felicity was not exactly the child prodigy her sister was. Sometimes she had short bursts of power. Sometimes she could sense things that could save her life. But most of the time, she was hopeless. She didn;t sense her brother until he was already inside.

"Yes, I know," she answered, touching the data pad with a finger and scrolling up, "Mom told me."

She had. It was a unique conversation to be sure. And by 'conversation', the writer of course means argument.

"So. You're my super mysterious big brother that I never knew I had," she finally looked up, scanning the older boy, head tilted to the side. He looked like he was related to mom. More so than she did, anyway. "Interesting. So what? You want to have some family bonding time?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
"Well, that makes this easier. I--" He found himself at a loss for words. She posed a good question, though he felt it was mired in sarcasm. Then again, it might not have been. He could say the wrong thing either way, and only succeed in annoying the girl. Not for the first time in his life, Graxin was stumped.

"I just felt like we should meet. It'd be a bit...odd if we didn't." He replied awkwardly. His hand rose up to scratch the back of his neck; the sound of the leathers stretching slightly only helping the accentuate that uncomfortable quiet that now pervaded the room. He had meant to meet her, but he had not thought of what he would do after that moment. Perhaps he should have planned a bit further...

His arms fell meekly to his sides. The Knight flashed a nervous smile, and hovered there for the moment. "And I think mysterious might be giving me too much credit." He added quietly, huffing a quiet, albeit genuine laugh.

She looked bored, but that was only because she was bored. The conversation was boring. Her long lost secret brother was being very boring. Could she push his buttons? Maybe bring out some kind of fight? She loved to fight, even if it was only a verbal fight.

"No. I don't suppose mysterious is a word for you," she shrugged, looking him over once more before going back to her datapad, "Mysterious is interesting, and you need personality to be interesting."

She truly was the product of her parents. She was testing him, playing, pushing. What kind of man was her big brother? Would he bow his head and walk away? Or would he push back?

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin lofted a brow. He folded his arms over his chest, and huffed a quiet laugh. "Coming from the girl who sits around on her datapad?" He challenged, cracking a slight grin. "I think you might want to take a look in the mirror, eh?"

He had half a mind to apologize after that. He had a confrontational nature; something Krag had been sure to instill in his apprentice at a very young age. Something like that didn't just disappear because you changed allegiances.

Still....he held out his right hand. It was the one that Krag had maimed, the flesh permanently burned and warped from the Sith Lord's pyrokinesis. His eyes narrowed partway, and he would attempt to pull the datapad up from her hands with TK. He snickered to himself as he did so.

The teenage girl made a face at his comment, but quickly went back to her homework- until it was ripped from her grip.

"Hey! Give that back! I have homework to do!"

She also didn't want him to see the messages she'd been exchanging with Owain and Glyph. ..Especially not the messages with Owain. She hadn't gotten the chance to delete those yet!

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
"Homework?" He asked bemused. That wasn't something he'd had to deal with at her age. He supposed that was a blessing.

The datapad levitated into his hands without much issue. He glanced it over for a moment, and promptly spun on his heel. "That really isn't the way to ask." He teased as he began to make for the door. He'd pushed it half open, much to the confusion of the guards walking down the halls, when he propped the door open with his knee, and leaned back against the arch.

"Whaaaat's this?" He began sifting through the datapad. Invading her privacy, as was his duty as a sibling. He was trying to find the messages, but he was dreadfully unaware as to how her datapad was set up. In short, he was pressing random buttons.

Then, he made a face. You know the face. "Ooooooh~"

She followed him out, trying to reach up to snatch the screen from his hands. She was too short still.

"Don't be such a nerf herder!" She shouted at him, "You have no right to- Stop that already!"

Jumping after it wasn't working. Fine. She was the perfect height. She aimed a swift kick to his knee. Hopefully, it would be unexpected enough that she could snatch the datapad when he doubled over.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin just started chuckling. It wasn't that funny, really, but he found himself laughing anyway. Well, until she kicked his knee, that wasn't that funny. He winced, relinquishing the datapad and holding it out in a show of surrender.

"Fine, fine." He laughed, shaking his head. His leg hurt, yes, but he found his little sister to be entertaining. She was in the awkward years now too...and that would only make things even more entertaining as they went on.

He held up his hands in mock surrender, earning him a few odd looks from the guards, and shook his head. The door closed behind him, and he ignored the throbbing pain in his knee. Silently, he thanked the force that she had hit the left, rather than the right. The latter would have made him collapse.

"Is it a boy?" He questioned, a brow lofted.

The second the datapas was back in her hands, she went to her messages and deleted everything. Celeste was nosy like this too. Smart little brat could hack into her private datapad before she was seven! And now she had a big brother too. She couldn't even get away with just being bigger and stronger anymore. Why did she even bother?

"I-it's not! It's just Owain! He's nothin'. I w-was just asking him to- It's none of your business!"

She was blushing and sputtering. It happened every time she talked about Owain. She didn't get it. She hated his guts one day, but then the next day she'd be sure she couldn't live without him. Being a teenager was... stupid.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
"He's nothing, eh? I won't tell anybody."

He found folded his arms over his chest, and leaned back against the door. His expression softened into something akin to sympathy, and his lips curled into a small, albeit warm smile. He understood how she was feeling at the moment. He himself had been in a similar situation not so long ago-- of course, that had been during a different time, in a different life. He was a different man now, but the feeling still lingered.

"I had a crush too. Real nice Corellian girl. She flew my ship for me back during--back in the old days."

He stuttered for a moment. He had no intention of telling either of his sisters about his past. Not until they were much older. They didn't need to know the things he had done in the Sith's service.

"But, like you said, it's nothing right?"

"Nothing at all," she agreed, feeling for a split second he really did understand. He was dealing with the same. Someone he couldn't be with. Maybe it was more complicated than her situation. Maybe it was as simple as his pride getting in his way too. Either way, she went back into her room and set the datapad back on her desk, finally giving him her attention.

"So this girl... Why isn't she here?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P

It seemed they had found some common ground, as odd a subject as it might have been. He lofted a brow at her question, and bit down on his lower lip. She wasn't relatively far away, right down the block to be exact. That would just bring on more questions, and Graxin mentally prepared himself for them.

"She's down by the star port." He replied calmly. "She's not the palace type...and we aren't a uh...a thing." He shrugged. "Jedi are allowed relationships now, but I've made some stupid decisions in the past. We're not always on the best of terms."

He paused for a moment, and looked down curiously at his younger sibling. "I'm sure you don't want to hear about my love life though, right?"

She listened. She listened closer than she listened to any of her professors. Closer than she listened to her own parents. Why? Why did she listen?

"That's a load of bantha dung!" she snapped, hands on her hips, "How stupid are ya anyway? You're moms kid too, right? Ugh! If I am ever as dumb as you, Sith strike me down!"

She crossed the room, stopping right in front of him, standing on the tips of her toes until she was as close to eye level with him she could be.

"She's right there! Go to her! Now! Tell her how you feel. Idiot! Nobody cares what mistakes you've made! Nobody! It's what you do now that counts, and big bro, you are blowing it!"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
He drew in a sharp breath as she marched on up to him. It was his base reaction to offer some kind of retort, but he had none. He just stood there for a moment, arms hanging deftly at his sides.

"Look, I tried before." He began to explain. His face flushed slightly at the memory, and only served to further put him under the spotlight. "She wasn't alright with it because we were working...now I'm we're not, but I--"

He caught himself, and offered a small smile. "I was going to say something to her once we were off planet, but not right now. She needs to focus, and I know how much she hates being bothered while she's working on her ship. When we leave though, I plan to."

"Bloody coward," she almost snarled, "If you were any kinda man at all, you'd march right up to her and tell her exactly what you feel! Right now!"

Now she wasn't talking about him anymore though. Now she was angry at Owain again. He kissed her! It had to mean something, didn't it? That stupid bird-nosed, half witted, sith bait! Next time she saw him, she would punch him again. Maybe she'd break his nose this time.

"Ugh. You are such a stupid brother, you know that? Stupid, stupid, stupid! You don't know the first thing about girls!"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin readied a retort, though it quickly died on his tongue as she went on. He didn't need to use the force to tell this wasn't particularly about him. It was too personal, and she knew too little about him to make such judgement.

"This about the boy again?" He asked with a hint of amusement. He reached down and set a firm hand on her shoulder. Being taller had its advantages. "--and yes, I am a coward about this. It's new, and I'm scared." He admitted with an honest smile. "I'm still figuring it out."

She could feel the fire start to flicker out, but she was blowing on the hot embers trying desperately to keep it alive. She grumbled something inaudible under her breath then reached up to flick his hand off her shoulder.

"You don't know anything. Stupid."

It was hard to be mean when he was being so nice. What did he want? People were only nice when they wanted something. The kids at the Academy, the other royal families, even the servants in the palace. So what did he want? What?

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom