Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood Flowers

|
d729252df61e5b3b5f7858e819578ac4.png
|
Allies: [member="Marriskcal Lati"]

Armor: Tunic
Equipment: Crimson Lightsaber (1x) | Ballistic Knife (1x)
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

"You-your young life, bad it was. Kidnapped, tr-trapped young you, yes. Time you will...know better, better of life, what bring it...Lovely place it is, beautiful, breathtaking."

Though Kaine knew little of the young woman's life, she had told him enough. Her young life was never her own, it never had been. She had never had a childhood, all she had, was a fight for survival every waking hour. The gurlanin saw such a thing in himself, though there were times on Qiilura to settle down and bask in the beauty of the sunset. From what little Marr had told him of her life, he knew she had no such things. She had no had such pleasantries, all she had was training and bitter punishment if she disobeyed or did something wrong. It made O'Doran pity the blonde-woman whom he called his friend, Marriskcal. He wished for her a better life, though he was in no position to pray to his god's high above. He had been exiled, abandoned, by his people, his gods had no more use for him than a cook does to burnt, black, meat.

His eyes flashed towards her blue eyes at the mentioning of her living a sheltered life, with what little knowledge she had coming from mere artificial constructs. "To me, you--are--fine, Marr."

Kaine sat down beside Marr, his perplexed orange eyes looking at her face when she held up a flower to his silver hair. He didn't know what her plan was with the flowers she had gathered, though knowing Marr, it was bound to be an idea which would get him into trouble or embarrass him as she had done to him earlier when they were in the medical center. His brows furrowed at her curiously, trying to discern what she was about to do with all of those flowers though no idea came to his mind. Perhaps she would eat them, maybe they brought nutrients of some sort? Such things existed on Qiilura after all, no reason they couldn't here.

"Called 'Qiilura,' know not where is. Marr, what you do with...flowers?"

Marriskcal Lati
Equipment: Lightsaber (Blue) & Vibro-Arbir Blades

Allies: [member="Kaine O'Doran"]

JiGZUcY.png

For a moment, the person who answered to Marriskcal Lati stilled, and the gaze of a creature forged and crafted by a lifetime of indoctrination peered through her golden lashes. Her aura were a turbulent hurricane of emotions that surged from displeasure to belligerence, though the young woman knew that the other had spoken his words from a place of ignorance. “My birth parents gave me up willingly.” Her words were terse as she corrected her companion’s misunderstanding, for her loyalty and adoration for her Lord and Master were beyond reproach. “And while I may lack a normal upbringing, it does not mean I had an unhappy childhood.

There was a moment of silence as she stared down at the short chain of flowers between her hands, before she continued to weave and add more flowers to its growing length. “…I would appreciate it if we do not speak of this matter any further,” she finally said, refusing to meet Kaine’s ember eyes. Because… she had to believe that her young life was better with the Order of Ren. Any other reasoning as to why the people who held the title of ‘father’ and ‘mother’ has given her up would shatter her irrevocably. After all, the love of one’s parents were supposed to be unconditional, and so unwavering that they were willing to sacrifice their very lives for their youngling.

The turn of conversation came as somewhat of a relief to the young woman and she grasped and drew upon the thread gratefully. Any matters that were related to the Supreme Leader and everything he strived for were never something she was comfortable discussing, especially with a being not of the Ren. Her heart was still grieving for the lives lost during the purge, and while she believed that her Lord and Master was true and just, there was a part of her that still hurt and bleed for her felled siblings.

We will just look it up at the facility’s terminal when we head to the archives then. It should not be hard since we have the name of your homeworld to ease our search.” She paused for a moment in thought, as the faint reminder of her companion’s presence made its way back into her mind. “And what is your race called, Kaine? Qiiluran? I could not help but notice that your presence… feel a little–Predatory. “–different when we were first introduced to each other back on Sullust.Feral. Marriskcal remembered how intent his gaze were as he appraised her then, as if he was looking for a weakness in her armour.

And these?” She said faux innocently, holding up a two-hands’ width of flowers she had weaved into a brightly coloured chain for his perusal. “I am making a crown out of them for you to wear,” the blonde carried on in an airy manner, lowering her arms so that she could continue to add more flowers to the garland. “I used to make a lot of these, and bracelets woven out of bark when I was a youngling… but I am a little out of practice these days.” A soft sigh escaped her as she eyed the slightly bruised flowers.

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|
Allies: Marriskcal Latihttp://starwarsrp.net/user/18910-marriskcal-lati/

Kaine listened to Marr's choice of words carefully, his Amber orange eyes looking to her face to see if he could discern something from the blonde woman. She had at one moment been joyful as she made a circlet of flowers for unknown reasons to the gurlanin. The next moment her happiness seemed to fall away into bitterness and annoyance at being asked such a question. The male had believer such a statement was fine for him to tell her, out of sheer ignorance he believed such a thing. A thing for which he was sorrowful over after witnessing his one friend, Marriskcal, react to it as though it were a stab from a blade.

"Apologize I do, Marr. Know not I did," Kaine spoke earnestly, apologizing for the unknown error that he had committed that had hurt her. When she didn't meet his eyes, he felt as though she was upset at him, though despite such thinking, he chose not to pursue it. "Understand I do. Mention again, won't."

O'Doran was happy for the change in conversation, the deafening silence between the two had grown most uncomfortable for the gurlanin who didn't want their friendship to have been hampered from such a thing. She was talking of Qiilura, his home, the place that he most wanted to be at all times yet could never do anymore. And then the subject of his race came up in conversation, causing Kaine's eyes to shift down towards the green grass where he now sat opposite of Marr on top of the long wild grasses. He didn't particularity enjoy talking about his alien heritage, he knew what others did whenever he talked of such things. And those people payed the price for their xenophobic tenancies with blood and flesh.

Despite what hesitation he had, he trusted the blonde woman. She had stayed by him even though he had nearly gotten her killed, and she seemed to care little for all of his faults and problems. She was his friend, his only friend outside of Qiilura. He trusted her.

"Gurlanin I am. Transform to different...different, forms, yes."

With a deep breath, Kaine began to change forms in front of Marr. It was seemless transformation, the fabric of his clothing keeping to his form somehow despite the transformation. Hair from his head grew outwards across his entire body, his limbs stretcthed and the flesh of his arms and face shifted subtly as the bones shifted to a new form for his wolf form. The man's face elongated outwards some, his teeth turning to sharp canine teeth with his eyes narrowing down across a now black-haired and white-haired canine snout. His feet and hands shifted from having toes and fingers respectively to animal paws, the extremities forming together to act as a singular unit as claws drew forth-with from said singular units. After some more shifting, a tail sprouted from behind Kaine and his whole body became covered in thick black hair that was reminiscence of a wolves. After a few moments, Kaine fully took the form of a wolf whose fur was that of black with a stripe of white that ran down the middle.

Though he couldn't speak while in his wolf form, he could talk telepathically with her. While speaking telepathically, his voice sounded smooth and his thoughts were more coherent and more easily understood than when he was talking aloud.

What do you think?

Kaine cocked his wolf head to the side when she began to talk about the flower crown...a crown that he was supposed to wear.

It looks very nice, Marr. Why, why do I need a crown?

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

Marriskcal tilted her head to a side in silent question when the taller male corrected her, her hands moving to weave and knot the last few stalks together to form it into a circlet. As she has only heard of species that were able to change and alter their form, knowing that the taller male was one of them were exhilarating.

With a swirl of determination threading through his presence and an unfamiliar shift in the flow Force, Kaine’s form began to blur. The young woman watched with unconcealed awe at the change overcoming the other, even as a part of her wondered if it hurt to have their bones and muscles and skin alter and stretch in such a manner. But other than being unable to move while his focus was on the shift, Kaine did not seem to be in any pain.

Her eyes became wide in pleasure when the other loomed over her as a wolf, the flower crown that was in her hands falling to her lap unnoticed as her own aura fizzled with delighted surprise. Marriskcal grinned up at the shadow-and-mist wolf even as she leaned forward, placing an outstretched hand on his jaw and scratched. “You make for a handsome wolf,” she complimented. “It must be the language barrier, but you sound very different in my mind.

If she had not decided to place her trust in the other, the blonde would have been more intimidated by how close his huge maw and knife sharp fangs were to her. But as she and the Force had decided that Kaine was someone she could rely on, Marriskcal has no qualms nor hesistance in her movements as she continued to scratch and pat at the beast that she called friend.

Oh? For no other reason other than I made it as a gift for a friend,” she said, her vivid grin gaining a curve of mischief in it. Reluctantly removing her hand, the young woman picked up the crown of brightly coloured flowers and placed it gently on his huge, making sure that his ears fitted within the circle. “There we go. It looks even better on you than I thought.

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|

Kaine's wolfish orange eyes curiously looked at Marr when she reached out a pale hand towards his jaw. He had no idea what she was doing, whatever it was, it concerned him. It could be an attack or it could just be nothing, the warrior of Qiilura knew not what her intentions were. Thus far, however, she had shown herself to be somebody that he could trust and confide in, and that was hard to come by. He trusted few people, especially in regards to people whom were not of gurlanin descent, people who did not call Qiilura their home...their family. Despite such things, he trusted Marr because she was kind to him, unlike anybody else. Her fingers felt strange and unnatural against the curve of his jaw, making him shake his head somewhat to get rid of the feeling. However, when he felt her fingers splay outwards and then curve inwards and scratch, the feeling was unlike anything he had ever felt beforehand. O'Doran enjoyed the pleasurable sensation, it felt strange yet relaxing at the same time, as though it were a massage of some sort.

He felt her pull away from his jaw for a moment, much to his own dismay. He had been enjoying the sensation, surprisingly enough and now missed it when it was gone. To think, a warrior turned into a blubbering mess at a simple petting and scratching. His father would be displeased which made Kaine smile at the idea, as best as he could smile that is when in his wolf form. His triangular shaped ears flicked as he felt something be placed atop of his head. At first he knew not what it was, though it didn't take long for him to figure it out. Almost immediately then O'Doran knew that it was the flower crown she was placing on his head, something which made him feel strange. He cocked his wolfish head at her, the predatory eyes narrowing to glaze at her curiously.

It feels weird.

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

You will get used to it soon,” she assured him blithely, clapping her hands together gently.

If only I have a holocam with me.

It was more of the sentiments that reverberated across the Force, rather than the somewhat ajar maw of her companion that conveyed to the blonde of her companion’s pleasure and delight, and of his faint disappointment when she stopped. The blonde tossed her head back and allowed a peal of amused laughter to escape her. And though her injuries began to ache, Marriskcal ignored the pull and sting of it, for it felt like it has been a long time since she was last this carefree.

You need to learn how to hide your emotions better, Kaine. While it is fine to allow a friend to know how you feel, it makes for a debilitating weakness when you have to fight against a foe that knows how to read your presence in the Force well.” The young woman leaned forward once more, her legs unfolding from its crossed position so she could balance her weight on her knees to better reach up to scratch her companion’s scruff once more.

If you like, I can teach you some rudimentary meditation techniques to aid you in shielding your emotions and thoughts.

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|

Kaine's orange eyes narrowed curiously at hearing and seeing Marr laugh. He had not an idea as to why she was laughing, though he found the gesture cute and endearing nonetheless. He wasn't sure if she would have been accepting of his alternative, wolf form though he was pleasantly happy that she was fond of it. He was about to ask the blonde-haired woman as to why she was laughing when he heard her talking to him, saying something about sensing his emotions. O'Doran knew not how she was doing such a thing through the use of the force, he knew of such a tool left by the creators as being capable of creating and of destroying, yet he knew none of the inbetween of the creation and destruction of the Gods. It seemed that there was more than just the two standards, something which did greatly interest the male gurlanin. Though it also concerned him that Marr was reading his mind when he had never allowed her to do such a thing. He normally wouldn't have had issue with such a thing, however it came from a close-friend...someone who he considered a friend, and he found it strange.

You are reading my...emotions?

Then the offer of meditation came up, something which Kaine held mixed views of. He had always heard from his elders, the ones whom betrayed him, that it acted as something to help channel one's power. It was a tool of faith and of the force, though it was one the male gurlanin did not believe in. He saw no use in it and he didn't see how it could be helpful, though despite such things, he was willing to give it a try and see what became of it. Perhaps he could be wrong in his views, such a thing had been happening more and more recently.

If you could, Marriskcal, that would be much appreciated. Do I, do I need to change back or...?

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

So long as you are willing to learn, I am always happy to aid a friend by giving them rudimentary lessons,” she quipped, giving her companion a final pat on his jaw before she settled back onto the swaying grass.

The young woman looked up at the much larger and more intimidating wolf form of her friend , though the effect was slightly ruined by the vibrant and bright crown of flowers that poised on his head. “No, influencing the Force is mostly a matter of the mind and will,” the blonde clarified, pressing the palms of her hands on her knees. It was a little strange to be imparting knowledge to another, when she has only ever been a student. But despite her inexperience and trepidation, Marriskcal was determined to at least start Kaine on the journey.

It will be hard at first, since… the act of meditation… does not usually come easy.” The young woman wrinkled her nose, as sitting still and clearing her mind of distractions took a long while for her without the presence of her counterpart to settle her. “I will admit that it is not my forte, and even when I have started on it since I was a youngling, it is not something I can do without any difficulty.

Everything was too… noisy. From the presence of the beings who lived and trained alongside her, to the slightest of sounds and vibrations that reached through even the thick walls of the fortress-castle.

So if you find yourself unable to clear your mind of thoughts and search for the presence of the Force within, do not be discouraged. It took me months to even sense mine. But I will suggest finding a place that calms you down… as it will make the initial attempts slightly easier. For me, I found the sounds of the howling wind and the fall of the snow soothing.

Marriskcal lifted a hand off her leg and patted the grass and looked up at the wolf. “While some people would say that you have to take up a certain position to meditate, I will say so long as you are comfortable sitting or lying down, do as you like.

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|

Kaine's wolfish, orange-eyed gaze followed Marriskcal closely, watching what she did so he could better learn how do meditate. He knew not what meditation could do, or if it even did anything whatsoever. And yet, he was willing to try, despite his own annoyanced about such things. O'Doran was a man of action, he was a warrior, a fighter, he wasn't some monk which vowed to all religious teachings. At one time, he had considered himself a holy warrior, upholding the ritualistic views of his own people. That time, however, was long ago and now he knew not what to believe. So many things had been proven wrong about his own people's religion, he didn't know what to believe. So he would move forwards with his head held high, a warrior...one of action and inaction.

The male gurlanin's ears picked up what the woman was saying, trying to properly discern what she was saying and explaining to him and yet his more primitive mind made no connection of her words. Regardless, the large wolf made it's way to the side of Marriskcal before sitting beside her. It's black and white head looked down toward's the ground, orange eyes closing to reveal black fur mixed with the black of his snout. Muscular limbs which normally would be tense, struggled for relaxation. Despite his trying, no matter what Kaine did he could not relax himself. He knew doing so would leave him open to attack, and an attack could happen anywhere...at any time...no matter the circumstance nor scenario.

His body remained tense as his mind slowed with his breathing. Instead of trying to drown out all outside noises, the gurlanin's triangular shaped ears perked up to soak in the sounds of the world around him. They took in the sounds of the forest, the wristling of leaves, the chirping of birds, all of which grew to drown the sounds of industry and nearby urban centers around the forest fortress the silver-haired male and the blonde-haired woman found themselves in...it was, peaceful...

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

As her companion closed his eyes of burnished amber, Marriskcal allowed her own eyes of brilliant azure to follow suit, her aura flowing from her in gentle ripples.

Time passed in tranquil silence.

As Kaine grasped and stumbled his way through the beginnings of submerging one’s consciousness in the calm state of meditation, the blonde focused her own aura, gathering and influencing the streams of energy to stitch together skin and muscles. And while Marriskcal would have taken more care when it came to the wellbeing of another, when it came to herself, she was infinitely more cavalier. Even as her wounds slowly began to heal, it prickled and tingled, though the only hint of discomfort on her fair features was a furrow between her brows.

And when she sensed the flickering of the male’s flame once more, the young woman tapered the flow of the Force towards her wounds, her eyes opening in time to give him an impish curve of her lips. “You did well enough for your first time, Kaine~” she said in an encouraging manner. As far as Marriskcal was concerned, it was a huge step forward that the shadow-and-mist wolf has even managed to touch his inner self. “Meditation is a lot like training in a way. Just set aside half an hour to an hour a day. The more constant you are and the more frequently you attempt it, the easier it becomes.

Not allowing her friend to chastise himself for his perceived failure, the blonde leapt back on to her feet, “Shall we head back and see if they have an archive or library in the facility?

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|

Kaine did not know if what he was doing was right, or if it was wrong. He had never tried such a thing before, he didn't know if it was even working right now. For all he knew he could be sitting here, a warrior...sitting on the ground meditating, with nothing happening. After a time of self annoyance and irritation, the male gurlanin began to feel like an idiot for trying to do this. Yet, despite such annoyances at his own faults and perceived failure in what was supposed to be a peaceful act, the man endures. O'Doran kept with it, not wanting to disappoint Marr or himself. He had failed before, and he shouldn't allow just one tiny, minuscule, insignificant failure get the better of him. That wasn't what warriors did, that was what cowards did. And he was no coward, he was a warrior...a fighter...a hunter.

The male gurlanin began to slow his breathing once-more, his heart-beat beginning to slow as his back straightened, his form changing back into that of his human form, and his fingers tensed and unteased as they curled inwards to form fists held out on either side of his body. As he began to calm and come to a peaceful state, he felt...something stirring within himself. It wasn't a singular feeling in one part of his body, but a whole bodily experience of a mixture of emotions and thoughts that he believed were not of his own. Before he could find the source of these thoughts, however, his ears suddenly took in the sound of Marr speaking to him...something which made him jump out of surprise.

"Sure, are you?? Not know...what I'm supposed feel..." Kaine began, though before he could continue, Marr cut him off. He took in the blonde woman's words and would try to do as she said, it would just be like training...only on something that irritated him. "...yes, Marriskcal," Kaine said in his gruff, exotic accent, "to this, library, we go."

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

The first step itself is discovering it within yourself. And now that you have felt its existence, you will find that your next few attempts at meditation will gradually become easier and easier,” the blonde reiterated with a cheerful nod, even as she leapt back on to her feet. A faint knowing smirk found its way on her lips when she noticed that the flower crown she weaved for him was still perched over his head.

Without any further ado, the blonde led her companion back into the facility, and after a bit of a false start and several wrong turns… finally found their way to the archive. It was a modern looking space, with coated durasteel walls and flooring and white light overhead. While it was still a depository of learning, it was clear that it was catered towards the facility’s staff by the numerous medical datacrons and materials that lined the shelves.

Humming to herself, Marriskcal made her way towards the nearest terminal and accessed the database, searching for suitable material for a beginner. “I think… this would be fine,” she muttered, speaking more to herself than to Kaine. After rummaging about and downloading a few items, the young woman waved for the male to seat beside her.

Alright. First, I will teach you how to write your name in Aurebesh…

Vy2NTqS.png

|
|
Allies: Marriskcal Latihttp://starwarsrp.net/user/18910-marriskcal-lati/

[SIZE=9pt]"Train as do for war, constant, unending. Yes? To be....b-better?[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]" Kaine questioned, cocking his head to his right. The man's orange eyes glanced over Marriskcal curiously, trying to properly discern the woman's true meaning. At least, her true meaning if he had been wrong about it was. Something, which he wasn't entirely sure of.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]O’Doran followed after the blonde-haired woman, keeping up with her relatively easily with his longer strides. Though he had to move at a slower pace than normal to stay with her, as his height gave his legs an unfair advantage over her shorter and petite form. As the two entered the library, the cool air of the air conditioning unit blew over Kaine’s pale skin, making his hair stand on edge. He was familiar with cold temperatures, very familiar with them, given his history of hunting in tribal clothing on Qiilura. However, the sudden change from the warmth of the forest and sun to the cool of artificially-altered air was a temperature contrast that the male was not familiar with. He had been near to fires beforehand, the slow warmth that they brought to one while the cold bit at them from behind, trying to gnaw out at the beckoning heat to usher in the crisp air of long nights. Yet, it was always natural, normal, calming...this here, it felt different.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Kaine made his way over to Marr, his orange eyes alit with reflections of the glowing blue screens of the terminals which dotted in the room in line, after line, after line. He had seen such things while in Sith Space and while on Starships, yet he had never once bothered to work with such things. They appeared far too complicated for him, he had little interest in learning how they worked or operated. They could not be used for battle, after all.[/SIZE]

Kaine bent down and sat beside Marr, finding the chair awkward to sit in due to his height forcing him to crane his head down. "Abesh? A-r-besh? What is...?"

Marriskcal Lati

JiGZUcY.png

Marriskcal looked up at her companion as he seated himself beside her, her brows furrowing when she noticed the Gurlanin curving so that he could take in the screen. Perhaps she could ask around later and see if anyone here could point them to someone who could procure a dataslate for Kaine’s use? If they allowed him to bring her here for treatment with nary a complaint, or even refused him, the white haired male probably had enough authority and sway that it would not be too difficult for her to ask on his behalf.

But that was a problem for her future self.

Au– Re– Besh–” the young woman reiterated carefully, making sure her articulation of the word was precise and slow enough for the other to follow. “It is based on Galactic Basic and happens to be the most commonly used writing system in the galaxy. So it is something you will need to learn to make your life easier and make it harder for another being to take advantage of your lack of knowledge.” As someone she considered a friend, the last thing Marriskcal wanted was for Kaine to be cheated, or ending up promising something all because he was led astray.

And I have always found that it is easier to learn when you start with the letters of your name,” she stated, moving her chair further aside to make more room for her companion to draw nearer. She changed the mode of the terminal, so that it would display a simple drawing tool.

Follow my strokes…” Marriskcal instructed, trailing off as she began trace the letters of his name on the screen.

Vy2NTqS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom